• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! 3 extraordinary zaps, from 3 amazingly kind & thoughtful DPFers!

ZAPPED! 3 extraordinary zaps, from 3 amazingly kind & thoughtful DPFers!

rubyslipperedgoddess

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
It's been a very rough time for my family, if you read my post awhile back you know that my dad was diagnosed with esophageal cancer at the beginning of the year, shortly after my grandma, his mom passed away and then last week my dad had another stroke and was in the hospital for the week, which is why I did not post this sooner. Recently though, as recently as last week, 3 really quite amazing people, people who had no idea what has been going on in my life, there is more but I rather not turn this into Tammy's life melodrama, took it upon themselves to bring a little sunshine into my very rainy Oregon life.

I'm going to use forum names so everyone knows who I'm talking about, but first there was Lalalaana, who after seeing my lose the Designer Rapunzel auctions 3 times and having my comment on her Tarina Tarantino Mad Hatter bracelet, contacted me and said that she would like to give it to me, I was blown away! I told her it was kind of her to offer but not necessary and she replied by saying that she knew that but wanted to do it anyway. I'm a huge Tarina Tarantino fan and have been wearing the bracelet constantly, so thank you Lalalaana. The next zap came from another Pacific Northwestener who also knows a thing or 2 about the rain, docfish2u. This guy...you won't eben believe it, sent me the Pixar Studio Store Brave Logo! I couldn't believe it when it came, and at such a great time when I needed it the most and this was one of those pins I thought I'd surely never own. Now that it's part of my collection I'll have to get to work on a Brave board, he also had previously zapped me the DSF Stained Glass Merida the same week I had traded for the DSF Brave Cubs and the DSF Merida on Angus. I also got the DSF Brave Marquee that week in the mail from a white elephant game I had played, so in 1 week I got all of the DSF Brave pins, that was a great week. Finally my last zap, that arrived Friday was the Merida Chaser Carousel pin AND the accompanying Cinderalla Reveal/Conceal Carousel, this after I lost her pins in the mail.

I can't even begin to thank these guys. It's been a rough 7 years for me, and this year the hardest, as one can never prepare for their parent getting sick. My dad's been such a trooper though, never once complaining. Every day is a struggle and I'm so beyond thankful that these amazingly awesome people showed me so much kindness. Thank you a million times again guys.

Here are the pics of my lovely zaps.

edit_preview.php
edit_preview.php

Thought I'd throw this other zap of docfish2u's as well, he deserves the recognition.

edit_preview.php

Beautiful zaps! Congrats! Pin mail is great for those times when it's hard to find a good reason to get up in the morning and face the day. So glad you had some happy stuff come your way! Hang in there and hopefully things will turn around for you and your family soon :)

2-3 days ago I was asking Echo if she heard from you. What a great pick me up Tammy. I know that pins won't solve life's problems - well at least the ones I have don't yet ;) But feeling cared for hopefully gives you a renewed optimism and strength to tackle challenges. Rooting for you :hug:

What wonderful zaps! I'm sorry that things have been so tough for you, and glad that some great DPF'ers were able to bring a little sunshine to your rainy days.

So glad to bring a little sunshine when life just wants to storm all over you. I finally managed to clean my inbox out a little. The last 2 weeks I've had a nasty virus myself so I've been super tired. *hugs*

Beautiful Brave pins!!! I'm sorry that you are having a tough time :(

Sending you lots of hugs and pixie dust! :hug::hug::hug:

Congrats on your zaps! What great timing that they were able to bring a little sunshine into an otherwise painful and stressful situation. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother and your father's illness. I hope your father is able to recover quickly.

See, you got something out of trying three times to get me that Rapunzel designer pin!! :p I'm so happy for you hon, you deserve it. You and your family are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I love and adore you, and hope with all my heart that your daddy makes it through all this. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to, I hope you know that. *big huge hugs*

Back