• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

300+ Princesses (and Princes)

300+ Princesses (and Princes)

Patrick

New Collector
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Well, my collection has just hit 330 with the purchase of a pretty special pin. I joined this forum in 2011 and have lurked on and off since. When I first starting collecting, I was working part-time retail and not making any amount of money that would support this expensive hobby. When I decided I wanted to collect, I had to be strategic about the criteria for my collection. This lead me to generally accessible OE princess pins, and I appreciated the simplicity of full-body pins with no backgrounds. (I found out later how expensive some of the older OE pins could get ;))

One of the first pins I remember missing out on was Pin #12603 Jasmine Full Body in Street Rat Outfit. It's not really a great pin... the design is awkward and she doesn't look on model at all. But I loved that it was an alternative outfit. To this day, there are only a handful of Jasmine pins in her "street rat" clothes. So, considering my OE collection had a lot of outfit repetition, I was really excited about the thought of being able to add some diversity to my book. It was selling for around $40 and that was way more than I had spent on any pin at the time. I asked if there was any wiggle room, and the seller ended up getting full price from another user (rightly so.)

Just yesterday, I received this pin in the mail. I haven't seen it for sale since that day in 2011, so it feels very full circle to have finally found it after all this time. I uploaded scans of my pins a few years ago but I've added way over 100 since then. I figured it was time to share! :)

Scan_20180618%202_zpspy0yys87.jpg
Scan_20180618%203_zpssarbu46r.jpg

Scan_20180618%204_zps8bnj3jh5.jpg

Scan_20180618%205_zpsm8o3tbqn.jpg

Scan_20180618%206_zpss8ytqinj.jpg
Scan_20180618%207_zps9gau8vmy.jpg

Scan_20180618%2016_zpsebqgaze1.jpg

Scan_20180618%2010_zpsdpzbbv2q.jpg
Scan_20180618%2011_zpsgenxqwnc.jpg

Scan_20180618%2018_zpslfnofvme.jpg

You have a really nice collection! There is something attractive about pins that show the whole character without being cluttered up with a background or excess of objects. I like the way you have a good variety of each character and how you've put them together.

Your mistake was putting Snow first--I got stuck there with heart-eyes and forgot to scroll for a good long while, ha ha ha.

Seriously, this is a great collection overall! So many pretty pins, and they are simply but elegantly displayed. Mega congrats too on acquiring your "extra special" pin!

What a nice collection. You certainly put in a lot of effort in tracking down some very pretty pins. Congratulations!

Your collection is really nice with all of those full bodied poses. I love them. :D I never realized how many full body poses there were. It's super impressive and I admire your discipline collecting only the full body poses.

I'm weak and couldn't restrain myself.;)

Back