300+ Princesses (and Princes)

Discussion in 'Pin Showroom' started by Patrick, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Patrick

Patrick New Collector

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Well, my collection has just hit 330 with the purchase of a pretty special pin. I joined this forum in 2011 and have lurked on and off since. When I first starting collecting, I was working part-time retail and not making any amount of money that would support this expensive hobby. When I decided I wanted to collect, I had to be strategic about the criteria for my collection. This lead me to generally accessible OE princess pins, and I appreciated the simplicity of full-body pins with no backgrounds. (I found out later how expensive some of the older OE pins could get ;))

One of the first pins I remember missing out on was Pin #12603 Jasmine Full Body in Street Rat Outfit. It's not really a great pin... the design is awkward and she doesn't look on model at all. But I loved that it was an alternative outfit. To this day, there are only a handful of Jasmine pins in her "street rat" clothes. So, considering my OE collection had a lot of outfit repetition, I was really excited about the thought of being able to add some diversity to my book. It was selling for around $40 and that was way more than I had spent on any pin at the time. I asked if there was any wiggle room, and the seller ended up getting full price from another user (rightly so.)

Just yesterday, I received this pin in the mail. I haven't seen it for sale since that day in 2011, so it feels very full circle to have finally found it after all this time. I uploaded scans of my pins a few years ago but I've added way over 100 since then. I figured it was time to share! :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Woah, super impressive!!! I love the full-bodied collections (it's what I'm trying to do with Tink). Wonderful collection!

Patrick likes this.
  3. Aurorapinfan4ever

Aurorapinfan4ever Member

0   0   0

Wow, I love this collection!!! Really like the Aurora pins:)

Patrick likes this.
  4. pins4twin

pins4twin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Very Nice! I am a big fan of the Cinderella pins.

Patrick likes this.
  5. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Oh, wow! You have some lovely pins! Thanks for sharing!

Patrick likes this.
  6. tiggeriffic

tiggeriffic DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

You have a really nice collection! There is something attractive about pins that show the whole character without being cluttered up with a background or excess of objects. I like the way you have a good variety of each character and how you've put them together.

Patrick likes this.
  7. arielsdinglehopper

arielsdinglehopper Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Your collection is so stunning! Thanks for sharing!

Patrick likes this.
  8. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    365   0   0

Very nice! I am fond of the Sparkle Princesses and have a few.

Patrick likes this.
  9. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

Your mistake was putting Snow first--I got stuck there with heart-eyes and forgot to scroll for a good long while, ha ha ha.

Seriously, this is a great collection overall! So many pretty pins, and they are simply but elegantly displayed. Mega congrats too on acquiring your "extra special" pin!

Patrick likes this.
  10. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

What a nice collection. You certainly put in a lot of effort in tracking down some very pretty pins. Congratulations!

Patrick likes this.
  11. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Your collection is really nice with all of those full bodied poses. I love them. :D I never realized how many full body poses there were. It's super impressive and I admire your discipline collecting only the full body poses.

I'm weak and couldn't restrain myself.;)

Patrick likes this.