8/12 - D23 Mickey’s of Glendale Summer Shopping Event

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by DisneyJ, Jul 9, 2018.

1. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Glendale, CA

Complimentary reservations will be available on a first-come, first-served basis starting Friday, July 13, at 10 a.m. PT. Please check back on Friday, July 13 at 9 a.m. PT for ticketing link.

Buy Tickets Soon

OVERVIEW
    D23 Gold and Gold Family Members are invited to a morning of summer shopping at Mickey’s of Glendale on the Walt Disney Imagineering campus.* This Cast Member store is home to Imagineering-exclusive items, in addition to popular Walt Disney Parks and Resorts merchandise.

DETAILS
    Mickey’s of Glendale will be open from 9 a.m.–12 p.m. Please do not line up prior to 6 a.m.
    Confirmed Members will not be permitted without event ticket, valid I.D. and active D23 Membership card.

In addition, the Starbucks location on the campus lot will be open for D23 Members to enjoy during the shopping experience.

*A ticket is required in order to participate in this complimentary experience. We kindly ask that you only reserve tickets if you plan to attend. Failure to attend after reserving a ticket may affect your opportunity to access such experiences in the future.

NOTES

• Due to the limited number of people we can accommodate for this shopping experience, only the current card holding member may reserve a ticket. No guest tickets are available.
    • There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to provide their membership number when reserving tickets. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card and tickets will not be admitted to the event.
    • Ticketed Members who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event.
    • All D23 Events are subject to change without notice. There are strictly no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Shelterkat and Connies_Hobby like this.
  2. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

Have a great time!

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  3. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

Ooh, I can try for a ticket to go! Thanks for the info!

4. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Do they release WDI pins at these events? Is it like the MOG pop-up shop in Orlando?

5. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Just a complete guess:

I think they will have WDI pins at this event.
    It might be a mix of previously released pins and new stuff.

I am hopeful those who are able to attend have a great experience!

6. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

Yes and Yes.

Interesting how it can only be the Gold member and no guests.

7. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    456   0   0

Best of luck everyone! :D

8. echan50

echan50 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

Noticed some changes from previous Shopping Days at MOG:
    1. no guest of the member are invited
    2. no mention of allowing us of using their quad area to pin trade

9. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.4%
    37   1   0

They only released 5 pins at the last one in Cali, I believe. Everyone said it wasn't worth it, but you know everyone is gonna go again. Have fun!

Since they hate everyone now, they might as well just release all the heroes straight to the resellers, instead of having a CM wall.

10. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

I've been thinking of joining D23 for the longest time now, and this looks like a decent excuse. However, if I joined now I don't know if I could sign up for this event. I have to have my membership card, right?

11. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

You don't need the physical card right away, but you do need your membership number. When you sign up it takes a few days for your membership to activate in the system. I think it took about four or five days for mine to register in the system when I signed up.

12. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    98   0   0

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

13. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Friendly Reminder from the D23 website:

Complimentary reservations will be available on a first-come, first-served basis starting Friday, July 13, at 10 a.m. PT. Please check back on Friday, July 13 at 9 a.m. PT for ticketing link.

D23 Gold and Gold Family Members are invited to a morning of summer shopping at Mickey’s of Glendale on the Walt Disney Imagineering campus.*

Good Luck!

14. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

Weird that it says gold family members when their original post said only the D23 member could enjoy the shopping. Do you think that means if you have D23 gold family membership, you could register two (instead of four like you normally can do)?

15. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Seems like a mixed message on the website:

NOTES
    • Due to the limited number of people we can accommodate for this shopping experience, only the current card holding member may reserve a ticket. No guest tickets are available.
    It looks like only one person can attend (actual card holder). I suppose we will know in a few hours.

starry_solo likes this.
  16. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Link is available for the tickets - however, tickets are not available (yet)

17. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Tickets are no longer available

18. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

Darn, my field evaluation took way longer than planned, so I couldn’t get online until now. :/ Hope anyone who was able to get tickets gets some great stuff!

19. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Didn’t get in, but yes it is only the main card member for the Family membership holders. No guests this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    98   0   0

Why does all this 'confusion' sound SO VERY TYPICAL of D23/Wdi. UGH!

I hope so of you got in!

starry_solo likes this.