• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

96666 DLP Princess Jeweled Crest Rapunzel - Pictures added

Status
Not open for further replies.
96666 DLP Princess Jeweled Crest Rapunzel - Pictures added

pinnochiolover

UK Collector/Trader
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Hi,

Ive just bought this pin and have some concerns about it. I would be really grateful if someone could post a picture of the back of their pin, for me to see. This is the pin in question: (pic from pinpics)
pin96666

Last edited:
Hi Judy
I do have it in hand, but wanted to avoid posting pictures of mine. I would like to see someone elses so I can compare side by side. I dont want to say too much at this stage.

Last edited:
I had one, but shipped it off to a member from here last week, I never had a look at the back. Hope someone can help.

In my impatience, I have loaded some pictures!! hehe

My main concern is the orientation of the mickey icon pattern on the back of the pin, on all of my other Paris pins, the icons sit ear to ear and bum to bum. I am sure I read somewhere that alternative orientations of the icons are indicative of fakes.

The front is also in poor condition, with scuffs and spots, and the post is very slightly moving. It looked great in the wrapper!:suspect:
DSCF3426_zpsa7ba5548.jpg

DSCF3423_zpsfcadd6bd.jpg

DSCF3422_zpsc6fa2ef5.jpg

Mine looks exactly the same! I can't post pics, but everything looks fine to me... my post is a little wobbly, too! Mine is in perfect condition otherwise though... re: the scuffs on the front, I think pins in general are becoming lower quality :(

I think it is more of a quality control issue, as opposed to fake issue...

Condition can be put down to quality control, but surely not a completely different layout of mickey head icons on the back? There was a thread about the layout of mickey heads, but I cant find it. Does anyone know where I can find that?

The backs change ALL the time. It actually looks pretty good to me. Also a previous poster said hers looks just the same.

Wouldn't it also be weird for a scrapper to be on the actual original card the pin comes on? Are they doing so much effort lately?
(because that is the original card, can also be seen on my pictures I took 2 weeks ago and posted here)

Maybe you can try and contact pin-a-colada, that's the person I send the pin to last week, and that pin came straight from Disneyland Paris.

Thanks guys! Post to France and Belgium can be weird, Ive had some take three days and others take three weeks!

Just because a pin comes on a card, I personally dont make any assumptions, its very easy for people to put any pin on a card. This particular pin doesnt have a number stamped on the card and pin back, that can be quite reassuring when its present.

Thanks for all the kind posts .... I have now confirmed that this pin is legit. I emailed a pin friend in France this afternoon, and they replied with pictures of the back of their pin, which was identical to mine. So that has really put my mind at rest, solely because I know he purchased his pin direct from Disney.:bigthumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back