• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! A Birthday Zap from NutMeg!! <3

ZAPPED! A Birthday Zap from NutMeg!! <3

raikipins

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
So I got a surprise in the mail early this month in the form of quite a large box (and I'm so sorry, this is a super belated post)! Looking at the sender's name, combined with the Esmeralda and Aladdin stickers, I knew it was from @NutMeg! And since we hadn't negotiated a trade or anything like that (and I had already received my Bingo button a while ago - that was actually how I recognized the name), I realized she must have zapped me! T-T

1e7b34bb20ab744b8b96f00f742f5d2b.jpg

(Like, seriously, Sarah, thank you SO much!! You are so sweet, generous, and thoughtful! T-T <3)

I was super touched by the gesture, as well as excited and curious, since, like I said at the beginning, this was *not* a small package. :O I couldn't wait to find out what was inside! In fact, that day I had also received another piece of pinmail, but I was far more eager to open *this* one. And let me put that into context for you - the other pinmail package contained an *Ariel grail* inside. Yet it was still outshined by the surprise from NutMeg.

Anyway, so I proceeded to open the box, and...I found this:

6f2b0caca6f7645ef0b013ab668f3c64.jpg

It...it's actually *wrapped* like a present. So nicely too. I definitely hadn't been expecting that. In awe and even more touched by how thoughtful NutMeg is, I unwrapped the gift. (After snapping some pics of it, of course! I had to document this whole process! Also, can I just say, this fit perfectly inside the shipping box? Like, I don't know why, but I'm also kind of impressed with that too, lol.)

And what was inside that lovingly wrapped gift? THIS:

aa70ee365ac500818afbb9359747f6e8.jpg

Like, WOW! Look at it! *o* Look at that presentation! It's so carefully organized inside and looks so darn pretty! T-T I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this definitely exceeded any ideas I could have had! And not only that, but I find out it's a *birthday* zap??? Omg, thank you so much!! Totally unexpected!

I snapped pictures right away. And then immediately went for the AWESOME '90s MEG PARTY FAVOR BAG. (Seriously, where and how do you find these?? And you give one of these priceless treasures to *me*?! T-T)

b2cf66f91e9e54fef66291921cdbf376.jpg

Inside the beautiful bag that I will keep forever:

ced09f6c154f8743a1080bc5fb27266b.jpg

So much candy! My family quickly claimed the gummies and Red Vines, and I kept the Starbursts for myself (they are long gone at this point). :3

Next, I turned my attention to this beautiful handmade card. Aladdin-themed and so shiny~ :')

5534beab719b5f5efd78db6aba8c53f9.jpg

I'm pretty sure while reading its contents I started tearing up. But that happened on multiple occasions during the process of unwrapping/opening this gift, so it all kind of blurs together. But I took my sweet time reading this card because I always enjoy everything you write, Sarah! So much of your amazing, funny personality comes through in your words, so I'm so glad you also tend to write a lot! More to read, yay! xD

At this point, my sis was also invested in finding out what else was included, so I finished reading the card and unwrapped the large, rectangular object and what would be the main event! And it's so COOL! Check it out:

545607a18fc4a5a01a1f17ea56929296.jpg

Okay, so not only is it a really pretty framed song sheet with a cool silhouette-screenshot image layered on top (which, being handmade, is already awesome in itself), but GET THIS. IT LIGHTS UP. AND SINGS. It plays "A Whole New World"! What?? How??

64814fe6750e0ba2c47cde54faa806ca.jpg

THAT'S ^ how. Like, whaaa?? H-how is this even done?? Whoaaaa, this is so cool and amazing and elaborate! Like how did you do this??? I mean, NutMeg had to attach these little lights around the frame and then somehow hook it up so that the switch turns on the lights and pushing the button enables it to play the song! *Mind blown* I am just super impressed. I can't believe you put so much effort into something for *me*! T-T Thank you so much!!

And not only that, but the audio is from the movie, which I prefer (as opposed to the soundtrack version), and NutMeg edited it so that it also includes the "Do you trust me?" line! Ahhhhhh!!! xD <3

(Okay, you're gonna have to turn up the volume, especially to hear the first part.)

So yeah. You know when you asked what my favorite Disney song was, and I mentioned I had two faves? I obviously didn't know what I was talking about, because if anything other than "A Whole New World" had played, it wouldn't have given me quite the same feels as my favorite song from one of my top favorite movies did. ^^ I love anything Aladdin, so this all is just so awesome and fitting!

Anyway...As if all this wasn't *already* so much, there was still MORE! :O Specifically, this cute little wrapped box here:

cd4fc208be84b42e314d332c6ecd3c10.jpg

Unwrapping it revealed NOT ONE, but TWO little boxes. o_o

b65f9baeaf11130496d12defc6895c83.jpg

What was inside box #1?

fa73098efbb80838fbba41ab305b7d98.jpg

A pin. A most perfectly fitting pin, given the occasion for this zap. OMG....T-T This pin is just so pretty! I'm glad I didn't own this one yet so NutMeg could have the chance to make it the most perfect and timely gift ever! T-T

But wait, there's more! A box #2, remember?

4630e8cfe156503b73a64a84fdad5a15.jpg

O_O HOW DID YOU KNOOOOWWW??? This has been one of the pins I've been wanting forever! And holy moly, it looks even prettier in person~! ^^

Thank you SO MUCH, Sarah! Wow! I don't know, for some reason, even though this is a pin forum and we all collect pins here, I guess I hadn't been expecting any pins?? I mean, after that amazing frame, could there be anything else to top it?? (Well, truthfully, no, because that frame was just...I have no words to describe how awesome it is. I think I've said "amazing" too many times already, lol.) But two beautiful pins as well?! And one of them a long-time ISO?? Wow! I just didn't think this gift could get any better, but it did! :'D

So yeah. All *that* in this one package, and NutMeg even includes this cute little Happy Birthday balloon too! xD

59b0578f38850b50081881bbbb7fb38b.jpg

I...I don't even know how to react or how I can possibly ever thank you enough!! T-T This was so incredibly sweet, and I'm just absolutely blown away by the kindness and generosity (and effort) that this gift shows. THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH, SARAH!!! <3 <3 <3

Last edited:
Back