• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

A bit OT: Hard Rock pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit OT: Hard Rock pins

CarlandEllie

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Sorry if this is too OT for this forum, but I was wondering if anyone here is also collecting Hard Rock pins? I wanna get one of their cute Panda pins as a souvenir from Tokyo next week and wanted to find out how quick LE pins sell out there. Thanks!

We don't do the Hard Rock pins, but we do pick up a guitar pick charm each time we go... it's a nice inexpensive way to track each town you've visited.

Cool :) So you don't know by any chance if people line up for pins on release day like with Disney?

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro2_214 using Tapatalk

LE100 pins and Grand Opening pins are usually the only types of Hard Rock pins that HR pin collectors will rush to buy. There is often no limit to how many pins one collector or group of collectors can buy. It has happened where all of the pins were bought by the first two collectors!

LE100 pins and Grand Opening pins are usually the only types of Hard Rock pins that HR pin collectors will rush to buy. There is often no limit to how many pins one collector or group of collectors can buy. It has happened where all of the pins were bought by the first two collectors!

Crazy! Well on the homepage for the Tokyo Pins it says limit of 5 per person, and the pins I'm trying to get are LE 300 and LE 200. I will be visiting the day after the release.

With Hard Rock Café pins, it really does matter as to what the design is and where it is released. I have seen LE pins from the Seattle café linger for months, while a hot design with a higher LE vanished in a few days.

You should not have any problem buying the pin if you're there on the first few days.

Okay thanks, sounds good :)

Have fun and wish I was there. Hard Rock tends to have excellent pins, almost all of them being LE300 / LE500 at their Rock Shops and while not as organized as Disney Traders, are very collectable. Unfortunately their Rock Stars (cast members) are not obligated to trade as are Disney Cast members. But I suspect if you bring some of your tradable US HRC pins, you'll have no difficulty finding people or Rock Stars to trade with you.

Helpful hint, I don't know how much Japanese you speak, but you may want to consider printing out 3 x 5 cards with the Japanese phrases for "Would you like to trade pins?" or "May I trade pins with you". I didn't get to try this as Disney stopped pin trading at the parks, but another "tool" that could help a non native language speaker is a divided card that says, something along the lines of "I would trade this pin" on one side and on the other "In return for this pin" That way you can show want pin you are willing to give and your trading partner can then propose the trade.

Not sure what the correct and polite Japanese phrasing would be but the mechanical translation services should at least help get the basics correct.

Hah thank you! I don't actually collect HRC pins and don't wanna get into it- I spend enough on Disney lol. But I just wanted some of their cute panda designs! Thank you so much though!

Sure I can get some, if you are looking for sth specific, just pm me :) There is a website for the Japanese releases, I will go to the Tokyo Ueno location :)

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro2_214 using Tapatalk

If you get any hard rock pins for trade then please let me know, i can trade disney pins for them

I have these hard rock pins for trade from Gatlinburg TN. & Philadelphia. I will trade them for Disney pins.

IMG_20140225_182559825.jpg

my cuz thinks I am crazy because I collect Disney pins. He has never got me a Disney pin but will show up with a HR or hooters pin from time to time. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back