• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ A Creative Collection Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Updated 11/7 <3 NEW PoDM's <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I Love My Birdie! and He Stands for the Start of a Wonderful Park in Orlando Florida that I Call Home, He is a True Piece of WDW History. I especially love him Cause he was Retired in October of 1981 and that's when I was Born, LoL ;D <3 I Love Being a Floridian, and I Love WDW <3 <3 <3

Very jealous. Even though I never saw the Orange Bird in his heyday, I feel in love with me several years ago. I have the WDW recent releases, but that is all. My Dad has one of the vintage pins, and I tell him he better keep an eye on it, otherwise it might just walk off someday.

great collection. :)

like tanya said, u actually make me wanna have a few orange birds in my collection.. :)

Thanks Juan! You Should! Aren't you Floridian too??? ;D BTW We can't wait to meet you on Saturday! <3

You're the reason I'm now collecting Orange bird, Laz :p

BTW, did you ever make the teal pin scout logo?

Girl! I am Soooo Sorry I Forgot you wanted a teal one! I will make It right Now Just for you! <3 <3 <3

Very jealous. Even though I never saw the Orange Bird in his heyday, I feel in love with me several years ago. I have the WDW recent releases, but that is all. My Dad has one of the vintage pins, and I tell him he better keep an eye on it, otherwise it might just walk off someday.

OMG! Is it one of the ones on my page or a different one???? :anxious: LoL ;D <3

I think it's the one just to the left of the Florida Project Walt pin. But he is "concerned" that one of the descriptions on Pinpics says, "Have seen this in several different sizes and some of them are pin back while some are tie tack back. " He wants to know how many different Orange Bird pins are out there and don't have entries on Pinpics.

I think it's the one just to the left of the Florida Project Walt pin. But he is "concerned" that one of the descriptions on Pinpics says, "Have seen this in several different sizes and some of them are pin back while some are tie tack back. " He wants to know how many different Orange Bird pins are out there and don't have entries on Pinpics.

+1 I second that question, When we go to WDW this weekend I am going to try everything I can to find someone who knows and maybe can help. I'll Keep you updated on this thread if I find out anything. I have found 2 that weren't on pin pics, and 2 plastic pins that still aren't on there either :/ I want to get a hold of someone who can tell me/show me the different pins and maybe establish the timeline on when they were released and if they were limited edition and whatnot :D So, Fingers Crossed and hopefully we can get some Light Shined on the Orange Bird and His Full Historical Release <3

Thanks in Part to you Katherine!!! Thanks for all the help at the Florida Project <3 <3 <3 My Little Collection of Birdies is Growing, There are a Few that aren't even listed on Pin Pics But I have been tracking them down and establishing them a home here and on there too <3 :D

Cool never seen these before. What is he from?

The Florida Orange Bird originally greeted families at Sunshine Tree Terrace in Adventureland, where guests could buy frozen citrus drinks and shop for Florida Orange Bird merchandise. The character also starred in orange juice commercials and even had his own record, which was released in 1971 to feature “The Orange Bird Song” – a tune penned by the Sherman Brothers (composers of “Mary Poppins” and “The Jungle Book” songs).

Although the character disappeared from the park by 1981, Florida Orange Bird merchandise has been a popular collectible among Disney fans for years.

[video=youtube_share;1nry_aV1TI4]http://youtu.be/1nry_aV1TI4[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back