• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

A day with pluto. Just bought off ebay but worried its fake =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
A day with pluto. Just bought off ebay but worried its fake =/

jeffgojeff

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought the A day with pluto, fetching a dinosaur bone, pin off ebay and im worried its fake. Its part of a six piece set and when i got it in the mail, it came with a limited edition backing card with a sticker of the code on it (300234). The codes right, but anyone can just slap a sticker on anything. And on the back of the pin it says "Limited Edition 100" no number indication of which one in the hundred it actually is. Under that it says (c)disney china. It has the authentic 2009 pin stamp on it. The only thing really bugging me is the way it came. On a limited edition card with the code sticker on the back with no barcode, and the same sticker on a big baggie. Why would a LE 100 part of a 6 piece set come on its own card? Ive combed over this pin many times with my little magnifying glass, and everything looks great on it. Really legitimate. Any insight on the authenticity of this would be great =)

O and I contacted the seller today and asked if the backing had originally come with the pin, or if it was just stuck on before she sold it, and she said, 'yes, it should have.'

Attachments

• 110503-002827.jpg
    110503-002827.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 110503-002807.jpg
    110503-002807.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Usually Disney Store, Disney Shopping and Disney Auction pins came with only the numbered sticker like what you show on the back of your card. On the plastic bag of a single pin you will find a sticker that has a bar code on it. In the case of a set of pins the bar code is usually ONLY on the big bag the six pins come in not on the individual bags or card backers. They never list the pins as 1 of 6 or anything like that and do not list them as xx of 100 like the Paris pins are. Hope this helps you.

This seems pretty legit to me. I have to agree with Rocke01 on this one. Plus there isn't any Scapper warnings on pinpics.

Last edited:
Yep, I concur. Looks legit to me. And again, the pins in the set will usually come on their own individual card, with the stickered number of that particular set. I have quite a few pins from sets and they all come like that.

Found this pin on pinpics :)
pin73283

Pin 73283: DisneyStore.com - A Day With Pluto 6 piece Pin Set (Pluto only) fetching a dinosaur bone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back