A DPF appreciation post

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by arielsdinglehopper, Aug 18, 2018.

1. arielsdinglehopper

arielsdinglehopper Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I just wanted to put a little post out there to spread the love as I've been thinking recently about how wonderful this forum - and it's members - is. The world is a pretty bad place right now and things are crappy but this forum is full of such kind people, whether it's doing park pick ups for people who can't get to them or sending amazing zaps and helping other collectors get their grail. Also it's such a lovely and fun community on here that it's a pleasure to log on to - I've recently been diagnosed with a relapse of severe health issues (to be specific anorexia) and I cannot currently work, and coming on to DPF and chatting with you all really cheers me up and distracts me. I know this is a little random but I'm so pleased I got back into pin collecting and started using this forum again as I've met so many great people. Thank you all <3 If you want to share any specific stories of why you love DPF, or mention any particular members please do so - I'd love to read them!

mickeymousje, TammyH, DisneyJ and 7 others like this.
  2. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Hi!

I agree...DPF is a great place to.come to.

arielsdinglehopper likes this.
  3. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

Ariel,
    I love dpf... I may not always get on here and talk but it is one of my happy places.
    As for your health problem... I know you cannot tell by looking at me now but I suffered from the same thing years ago and still struggle with food at times. Just take it done day at a time. If you ever need anyone to talk to please PM me.

4. arielsdinglehopper

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Thank you so much <3 that really means a lot!

5. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

It's a nice, supportive community. Please take care of yourself and get well.

6. ladyroselie

ladyroselie Water Talent Fairy

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

I agree, the people here are a warm refuge from the cold nastiness of most of the internet (and even the collecting community, it gets pretty ugly out there). It is always special to find a place where one can chat about things they love with like-minded friends. I am sorry to hear that your condition reappeared, but glad to know that it was caught in time for you to take steps to heal. Sending pixie dust your way!

7. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    86   0   0

I don't have personal experience with anorexia, so I won't attempt to offer advice on something I don't intimately understand. But having known a few people who dealt with it, I recognize that you are dealing with something challenging, and I hope the relapse will not discourage you from continuing to move forward.

Too often I think we underestimate or oversimplify what people are going through in their lives. So I just want to acknowledge that what you are dealing with is not easy. But with strength and courage (in addition to great professional support, obviously), you can get to where you want to be.

And in the meantime, you can come here and be distracted, entertained, and supported as needed. :D Many hugs to you.

8. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Stay strong and keep fighting. This forum is filled with a world of amazing people. Even if our experiences in life are different, please know that we are all bound together in the Circle of Life. A forum filled with friends (near and far), life triumphs (and sometimes hardships), a love for Disney, and a drive to share our passion with others. We do not often experience things in the same way, but we all look for support (even if not directly). We are all better together.

If you need an army of support - we are here. If you need a smile - we are here. If you need to escape (if only for a few minutes) - we are here.

9. arielsdinglehopper

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Thank you so much to everyone for your kind and incredibly touching responses; it really does mean the world to me. You guys are truly wonderful and I appreciate you all so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

This +infinity. We're so happy that you're a member of our community and we're happy to provide whatever distractions, entertainment, and supplemental support you may require.

arielsdinglehopper and KT07 like this.
  11. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Wish you all the best. This place is full of great members past and present. It is nice that so many people can come together and share in the Disney Magic....

12. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

This is a wonderful sentiment with which I agree wholeheartedly. It's a great place to share our love of collecting and Disney in general.

I hope you feel better and things look up for you in the near future. I'm glad you joined the forum, and we are blessed to have you as a member.