• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

A Dreaded Double Whammy for Tangled Fans and DSF Fans :( Image Heavy Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Dreaded Double Whammy for Tangled Fans and DSF Fans :( Image Heavy Thread!

creativextremeties

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Alright Guy's and Gal's,

As I spent the Last week at WDW Pin Trading and Buying. I came across this peculiar pin of Maximus, The DSF LE300 one of him was on a Cast Members Lanyard! I was so excited at first (even though I already had one thanks to Lisa) I was going to use it for my Lanyard as I LOVEEE Maximus! When I traded for it though I Instantly felt something fishy, it was really Dippy in the Paint and Rough on the Backside... That's right, we have a fake in the midst of our dear tangled & DSF pins :(

Take a Look for yourself, when I got home I was able to compare and there was One Huge Difference....

The Fake is Silver instead of Gold! And there are other Imperfections/Differences that are easily notable.

DSCN8012.jpg

DSCN8015.jpg

DSCN8014.jpg

DSCN8013.jpg

DSCN8020.jpg

DSCN8016.jpg

DSCN8018.jpg

DSCN8019.jpg

What do you think :( ......Sad Isn't it?

<3 Laz

Last edited:
Hoy Crud. That's a huge downer. I'm thankful I dont collect Tangled or DSF :[

I just downsized my wants a lot due to the lopsided offers i get for jessica pins and the amount of Faked Jessica's out there... Honestly I just don't know how I feel anymore about collecting every single jessica pin, there are a lot of jessica pins i just don't like. And some that surprise me too :) Who knows anymore :/

Nooo :( That is one of my most wanted. I hope this doesn't start a new trend..

& wow, that looks like a pretty bad fake too.

Laz, I'm so glad to have finally take the first step to helping your addicion :) I'm so glad that I already can get my DSF pins from the store. I'm ready to give up on trying to trade. The scrappers are invading out last bastion of hope.

Me Too, I needed some sanity back in my life <3 Now to try and find a happy balance is all i am looking for. I think getting stuff for other people that can't come down here will make me happy and ease my habbit a little :)

<3

I got one like this on eBay and got it super cheap too. Until I saw that it looked really weird,so I wrote in on PinPics but someone responded me by saying to stop crying wolf about scrappers because it burns trading..

I deleted the post and I actually told the seller to gimme my money back! Even though she did not accept refunds, she accepted to gimme my money back! She said she traded it at Disneyland! I do not have the name of the seller because this happened around October! So long ago!

I was so devastated, but glad that I got my money back for that pin.

I have the Disney soda fountain tink pin... I think it too may be fake. Has anyone heard of tink? With the cherry pie? So sad.

I knew there were fakes of this one, along with I think the Marquee also (at least it's assumed as it was being sold before it was actually released at DSF).

Also, it's kinda hard to see but does it say "Founton" instead of "Fountain" on the fake pin?

Wow that is horrible :/ I never really thought about DSF getting faked. Now I'll worry about that too D;

WOW though- the fake does have "fountain" spelled wrong though XD humor found in a bad situation

Last edited:
well look at it from the bright side, it is an obvious fake, and easy to tell, the fake is silver and the ral is gold, it will be easy to know that much thanks to laz info so the pin still holds it's value, and whoever have the gold one will know it is real and the value of the pin will stay up as long as we kindly and respectfully educate people, for example i get people at epcot when i go to trade and they come to me with the letters of last year (hidden mickeys alphabet) and try to trade an A for an A because my A is shinnier(of course, because it is not dull and ugly like most scrappers/Fakes) and i kindly say no thanks and sometimes they ask why, and i tell them "there is fakes and non-release by disney pins out there and they are very unexpensive, but to collectors like me and others here that know about these scrappers/fakes only real pins are what we look for" i put it this way: why would i trade my $5 dollar pin for your $0.50 pin? simple as that, and i tell them that i do not mean to be rude but with those pins i will not be able to trade with them, and i actually suggest that they can get real, and nice pin at outlets to trade at park for as low as $2 each, some of them take my advise and some others just don't care but at least i take my time not educate some of these people and make them realize they can still get unexpensive traders directly from disney, bashing them and pointing them out won't solve anything. yes it is sad that this scrappers are spreding each day more and more, however our only defense against them is educate our selves about these fakes and help other people to understand these are fakes which they won't be able to trade to us veterans pin traders who have some of the pins they really want, if they want our pins they have to buy real pins to trade for real pins.

Btw, hope everybody is doing great, been away from the forum, but i miss you guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back