• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

A new way of framing pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new way of framing pins?

cheriexx

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
We're all familiar with corkboards and shadowboxes for framing pins, but recently I've been flirting with the idea of using embroidery hoops for framing pins. :anxious:

In theory it would be perfect, pulling fabric tight within the hoop and poking the pin through just like it was on a lanyard - there would even be room in the back to keep the pin back on.

How neat would something like this look? You could get one big hoop and two small ones and make a Mickey head! :lol:

Fabric Wall by joomoolynn, on Flickr

Also, you could turn the hoop into a corkboard just like this blogger has done!

Well, I've not tried it yet - still in the research and thinking about it stage. I need to get down to the local hobby store and pick up a few things, but this is definitely a project I will do over the long Easter/Royal Wedding holidays we have coming up at the end of this month. Can't wait to share it with you!

Have you always used regular corkboards and frames for your pins? Or do you display them in a fun, alternative way? :wavey:

My only advice would be to put cardboard, or a heavy material behind the fabric. This way the fabric would not begin to sag over time as the pin weighs it down.

we keep thinking about using painters canvas its already stretched taught, can handle weight plenty of space behind it.
of course can be painted as a background first or use fabric transfer methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back