A Subtle Change to the DLR AP Blackout Calendar

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by pretty Omi, Mar 14, 2018.

1. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Thought I'd mention this here, but several of the Disney news sites are reporting that Disney quietly made some changes to the AP section on their website.
    Annual Passports | Disneyland Resort This page, when you click "compare" now lists Disneyland and DCA admission as separate line items, as to the perks of each pass.
    Monthly Events Schedule & Calendar | Disneyland Resort This calendar now also lists "destinations" and has the parks separated for you to check if your pass is valid for that park.
    Speculation is that they will start to impose blackout dates on certain parks, especially when Galaxy's Edge opens up.
    So far, there are no added blackout dates. Just seems like an early change to start to implement the new possible system.

2. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I heard that rumor that all so cal passes will be blocked out for a year for galaxy's edge

3. sabrancha

sabrancha Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Oh no! I guess I better start saving for a more expensive pass :(

4. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Haven't heard anything like that, but they did stop selling the So Cal Pass last year, only renewals. Aren't both the So Cal and So Cal Select blacked out all summer anyways? Which is when it opens. I've heard a lot of speculation that they're going to suspend new sales on the lower level passes, and enforce these Disneyland Park blackouts to force people into DCA only, but nothing about entire levels being blacked out for a whole year. But then again, I guess they haven't really built anything with this much hype before.

5. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

The rumor I heard (and I'm stressing rumor here so please take it as such until it is officially confirmed) is that all annual passes will be blacked out for two months following any new land's opening. Please note, I could not confirm the following (and believe me, I tried):

1. The validity of the rumor itself
    2. Whether it is inclusive of annual passes that normally contain no blackout dates or just those that do
    3. Whether this is just applicable to DLR or also would include WDW

6. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

It's specific to get into galaxy's edge, not DLR. which makes me think they would have some scanner at the entrance to galaxy's edge

7. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Ohh I see. Huh.

8. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

So the blackout would be land-specific, not resort-wide or even park-wide? So would they just cordon off the entrance the land and station cast members with scanners (or something like that) to determine who is/isn't permitted access?

And if they're just blacking out access to the new lands, not entire parks or the resort, there's no reason to think it might not be blacked out to every annual pass holder (in accordance with the rumor I heard), including passes which normally have no black out dates? I'm not trying to start a panic, I'm just trying to verify what is truth and what is rumor. Any ideas?

9. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

I honestly don’t think we’re gonna get a straight answer until we’re much closer to the opening...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. boarder010

boarder010 Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

ah will have to keep this on my radar