A very Cheshie Give Away! Ends 1/21/18 8pm PST

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by Sami, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Hello DPF!!!

I was able to Snag an extra Cheshire Cat from the DSSH Paint Release(sorry no PinPics # yet) I thought it would be fun to do a Cheshire Cat Give Away!

[​IMG]

***Free and open to ALL DPF Members, International Members welcome***

**GiveAway will be open for one week, until Sunday, January 21 8pm PST**

So the only 2 things you have to do is... show me your favorite Cheshire!! This can be in Gif, Pin, Picture, Art, Video Game, Fan/Personal Art, etc. Also, tell me a little about why this is your favorite Cheshie!

Here is an Example!!
    I love Cheshire Cat, he has always been one of my favorite Disney characters. Even though I love the Disney Cheshire my favorite is actually the Cheshire from American Mcgee's Alice Video Game. He is on the creepier side of the many faces of Cheshire, but he is a mighty cool cat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love when he pops up in the game, I can't get enough of the detail in this version either, he is absolutely one of my Fav.

I also found this MashUp that I really liked of Totoro and Cheshire... Cheshotoro!!
    I thought this was really cool *also loves Totoro*
    [​IMG]

**GiveAway will be open for one week, until Sunday, January 21 8pm PST**

RULES:
    1. Only one entry per member
    2. Must include Image and Description
    3. Must Post before January 21, 8pm PST

I will pick the winner based on images and Description of their favorite Cheshire Cat! Winner can be found on Post #2.

Good luck to all the Cheshire Lovers of DPF!

***Free and open to ALL DPF Members, International Members welcome***

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Winner: Pretty Omi

Thank you for sharing your childhood memories of Cheshire!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  3. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    93   0   0

[​IMG]
    I just really love this quote, where he says "I'm not all there myself" and he slowly starts to disappear! PUNNY

Disneychildwithin, CCofRR13 and Sami like this.
  4. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

HUGE Cheshire Cat fan here! Is it a coincidence that my initals are CC and so are his????? Interestingly, I only collect the traditional pink Cheshire pins but I LOVE the blue, Tim Burton Cheshire. It is my hope to get the blue one tattooed on my back (covering up an old tattoo that I do not like anymore and should not have gotten - long story). I already have a small Disney pink Chesie tattooed on my leg (my first tattoo). I've always loved him because he is mischievous but so darn cute. I'm also an animal person - especially cats.

I love his quote: "I am not crazy, my reality is just different from yours."
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Sami likes this.
  5. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Lol, yes he is a very Punny kitty!

6. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Haha! Yes I love that quote too! I really enjoyed Tim Burton's take on Cheshire, wow and a tattoo, Super Cheshire Fan here!

7. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

[​IMG]
    I always liked the Disney Cheshire, I loved him as a kid because he was not only a cat, but he was also PINK! I got a plush Cheshire on my first trip to Disneyland when I was 5.
    I always liked the part when he asks "Can you stand on your head?"

8. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Aww, what a wonderful Cheshie memory!!

9. Ajk

Ajk New to DPF but not to trading

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

To me, this borrowed pin pic from pinpics says it all about CC. He's just relaxed with a big grin and no care in the world even though he is annoying the most dangerous character in Wonderland. Everyone else is frightened and literally shake in fear from the Queen but he uses her as his play toy (and lounge chair). Nothing worries this guy because nothing can touch this guy.
    [​IMG]

10. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

Bummer wish I had a place to do pictures. My favorite Cheshire cat is the Cheshire cat Boa from Disney he is a stuffed cat with a very long pink and purple boa for a tail, he got me thru the tough time of being in the hospital for 4 months, he was on top of the room tv with his tail draped around the screen. when I was getting ready to leave I wanted to take it with me not realizing that it was mine in the first place, I was that sick I did not remember much other than I wanted to take it with me. I am doing a lot better now that I am home those that know me know what I have been thru. Good luck to all

watzshakinbacon and Sami like this.
  11. Chelsee Lowe

Chelsee Lowe New Member

0   0   0

I LOVE all pins Alice and Wonderland -- these are the one I look for most when I'm at the parks!

Reading the original story by Lewis Carroll is such a joy, and a complete charge to your imagination, from the walrus and the carpenter to the befuddling, charming character we're talking about on this thread. I especially love how he talks in riddles.

I definitely prefer the kitty from the classic Disney film. Here he is!

Attached Files:

Sami likes this.
  12. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Sorry to hear you were going through a difficult time, glad Cheshire was there to help you through some of it!
    [​IMG]
    Here's that Cheshie Boa! *wants*

Spr175psu likes this.
  13. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Yes, I'm glad someone mentioned the books!! Alice was originally two books written by Lewis Carroll:
    Alice's Adventures in Wonderland(1865)
    Through the Looking-Glass (1871)
    What a long History Cheshire Cat has....

14. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

Thanks Sami I love mine he is on my bed all the time

Sami likes this.
  15. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Hahahaha, I love when Cheshire is messing with the Queen!! The best is when he puts the Croquet Flamingo under her dress

16. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

Love the boas! One Disney trip, we decided to collect all of them. The Cheshire Cat and Meeko are our favorites!

Favorite line from Alice, and one of my favorite lines from any movie...

[​IMG]

It is a lesson that I try to strengthen in my daughter every day, that we are all different and all perceive things differently. When I drive her to school, I always try to take a different path every day for two reasons: 1) the longer path allows me to spend more time with her, and 2) to teach her that there are many ways to solve a problem, to get from point A to point B.

Coincidentally, Alice Through the Looking Glass was the first "live action" movie I took my daughter to. She was 3 at the time and slept through the entire thing.

watzshakinbacon and Sami like this.
  17. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Using Cheshire as a learning tool is a great idea!
    Perception is a great thing to teach, just like the cones of the iris, each person sees color differently than the next; peoples perception of the same thing can be uniquely different from another's.

Lmao, I love that ending 'and slept through the entire thing', and now she has a big crush on Eric.

18. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

She also thinks I look like Gaston or Hercules...perception is absolutely uniquely different from one person to the next!

She and her mom both have a crush on Eric. :rolleyes: So every time we're at Disney World, we just have to do the Bon Voyage character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno.

Sami likes this.
  19. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Bump! A few more days to sign up!

20. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Two (2) more days left after today if anyone else would like to sign up for a Cheshire GiveAway

21. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

I always thought that the catbus from totoro was very similar to the cheshire cat. This kinda toys with that idea a bit.[​IMG]

CCofRR13 and Ajk like this.
  22. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

You're so right, Catbus does have a very Cheshie resemblance...
    You know the first time I ever saw totoro, way back when on VHS, I actually thought Catbus was kinda scary... Lolz [​IMG]

23. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Last day if anyone still wants to sign up!

24. Kitty

Kitty Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

[​IMG] I'm going to go classic. The only reason I am picking this picture is because it's my favorite. It was the one that first drew me to Alice in Wonderland, it is the Cheshire Cat it his purest form. Wonderland is where I want to be, with the Cheshire Cat to guide me. I also love every form of him, new old, and twisted. Actually I love all of Alice in wonderland's versions. I'm actually hopping to get a copy of one of the TV movies, the where where Whoopi Goldberg is the Cheshire Cat.

Sami likes this.
  25. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Another lover of the books, the illustrations by John Tenniel really brought the story to life, I don't think it would be quite the same without them.
    [​IMG]
    That would be quite an adventure, with Cheshire in Wonderland, no boundaries other than the imagination!