For Sale: A Wonderland of Pins for Sale! [Alice, Cheshire, cats, trains, more]

Discussion in 'Pins for Sale/Wanted' started by Addicted to Alice Pins, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

I may have to turn this into the "Fluff you, Florence!" sale! :confused:

2. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    166   0   0

What day are you supposed to leave?

3. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

Friday ... I've been on NOAA trying to figure out if we and the storm are going to sweep through the Carolinas at the same time or if we can squeak by before she pushes far enough inland to impact us, HA. We wouldn't be that close to the coast but the "effects" on this look widespread and ugly. I told BFF to start investigating the "swing WAY further west into Tennessee" route, which will take forever but might be safer, and I'm preparing my "Hey, guys, we could still book flights!" speech. :p

Really, I'm trying to laugh because I remember when we were all together at BFF's parents' house in May talking about our trip, BFF's dad (who never comes) strolled through the room and muttered, "Hurricane season, great idea, guys!" (For the record: I did not pick these dates. I voted for "Christmas.")

4. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    166   0   0

Oh, that is not good timing at all. But as long as there is a plane at the airport, flight crew at the airport and your weather is okay, I would think you could get there. Just take longer for the pilot to fly around. Now, how good the airlines are at having the bodies & planes in the right places is a big question. It looks like the airports the airlines are saying are affected is the area between DC and northern GA, so I think you are north enough to get out.

5. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

We're driving.

Although we are either going to have to drive in a really, really wide swath around the Carolinas OR book last-minute flights. IDK. I seem to be the only member of my party who is thinking, "If three of the states we drive through are ALREADY under a state of emergency ... even if the roads are not dangerous when we go through, is anything going to be open????" I assure you, it is too far from Pennsylvania (the last "clear" spot) to Georgia (the next "safe" spot) to not have to stop to pee at least once. :p

6. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    166   0   0

Ahhh. Have fun! I don't know enough (at all) east coast geography to know how much time alternate routes take, or if they would be too busy with evacuees. But, I would look at night before/same day fares. We didn't do it, but several years ago, there was a family emergency near Christmas and I was shocked how reasonable the same day flight was (I figured everything would be booked). I'm sure lots of people are canceling so airlines may have a bunch of seats to sell to people willing to risk potential delays (and then look into a rental car to drive home).

7. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    98   0   0

Awesomeness...lots of "muchness" here :madhatter:... ;);)

Good Luck with your sale! :cheshire:

8. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

Final 24 hours or so to guarantee shipping before I leave. :D