• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ads in messages?

Ads in messages?

Duckmite

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I just wrote a message in a thread, and when I submitted it I noticed it got laced with Google ads. Then I started noticing those ads in others' messages as well.

Is it a random thing or does it have something to do with my account settings or the software I'm using (Safari)? If it's the latter two, how do I turn it off? I don't want to seem to be endorsing stuff to other members in my messages.

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about the ads on the very bottom of the page, or the ad on the right side of the last post on the page? These ads will typically link to a lot of pin related sites (ebay included) because of the entire content on the page. Bummer when it links to scrapper sales on ebay, but not much can be done about that. But yes, these ads appear for everyone (that is if they aren't running an ad blocker), and are normal.

I'm referring to "Ads by Google" links like in your message. In my op there weren't any, so it seems rather random.

Are you talking about the ads on the very bottom of the page, or the ad on the right side of the last post on the page? These ads will typically link to a lot of pin related sites (ebay included) because of the entire content on the page.

Also, I hadn't really paid attention to the ads on the bottom of the page, but I checked now what they show for me. I found it a bit creepy that you mention they are "pin related", and I get links to "single Thai girls"... :naughty:

I'm referring to "Ads by Google" links like in your message. In my op there weren't any, so it seems rather random.

It only appears in the very last post on the page.

I found it a bit creepy that you mention they are "pin related", and I get links to "single Thai girls"... :naughty:

lmao.gif

Now I'm totally baffled. When I wrote this, there were Google links within your message, now there aren't. Instead, there were links in my last message which hadn't been there after I submitted it.

So, apparently they aren't anchored to any message but appear randomly to readers...

Back