• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Advice to a first time trader for mailing pin trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice to a first time trader for mailing pin trades?

TornadoTitan

Nick Wilde's Biggest Fan
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I believe I just got my very first online pin trade, with another on Instagram. Super exciting. However I am not sure if there is any type of etiquette or protocol for mailing pins. Of course extra bubble wrap protection is best, but is there a certain class of mail I should get? We are both trading relatively small pins (just a hidden Mickey for a blind bag pin) so not sure if I would need tracking or insurance as I would for a more expensive/rarer pin. I closest I can use to gauge this are art trades I do with my artist friends. Thanks.

I may not be the best person to answer this as I have a fairly small amount of trades done through mail, but I usually put the pin I am trading in a small bag, wrap it in bubble wrap and then put it in a bubble wrapped envelope. As for certain class mail, I am not sure (pretty sure I just go with the standard and have them mark it fragile), and I usually get tracking and no insurance (unless it is a big trade).

I was just at the post office today and all first class mail comes with tracking now. My bubble padded envelope to ship with three wrapped pins inside (within the USA )was $2.62. Hope this helps!

I don't think insurance is necessary for a hidden mickey. However bubble wrap, and tracking are pretty standard. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I generally send well wrapped pin first class which costs around $2.60 and includes a tracking number. So far haven't had to use that number to actually track anything down....Well wrapped is the key!! Post Office, as we all know too well, tries hard but is really tough on packages! "Bless their hearts"

Yup I was just about to say that, it should come with tracking already. If they're small pins I wouldn't pay for insurance unless the person you're trading with specifically wants it or something. If for whatever reason they don't give you tracking there should be a PID number on your receipt that serves the same purpose. But I think the post office figured that out and just includes tracking for everyone now haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back