• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Advice wanted on dealing with a couple of pin problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice wanted on dealing with a couple of pin problems

Luki

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hi all,

I have a couple of pins that have some issues and I was curious if anybody could offer any advice...

We were just at WDW, when our son got bitten by the bug, so now my interest has been rekindled, too. One of the pins I got while was there was this one...

http://pinpics.com/pinMT.php?pin=118514&t=o

...only when we got home, I found that the middle loop on the right side that connects the key to the pin had fallen off and was missing, so now it's just hanging by the left chain. Do you think, now that we're back home and nowhere near Florida, that there's any way to have Disney replace it?

The second thing is when I was going through all of my "old" pins (most from around 2005), one of the pins I bought from DisneyAuctions.com was this one...

http://pinpics.com/pinMT.php?pin=43751&t=o

...and when it was shipped to me, it was in a little styrofoam pouch and then in a plastic zipper baggie. I don't know if it got too hot at some point, but some of the styrofoam sort of "melted" onto the pin. I'd really like to get it all off, but I don't want to damage the pin in the process. Can anybody recommend a method that might work without causing harm to the pin? The styro goop (which has sort of hardened after all these years) is on the right side of the picture and the right half of Tink.

Thanks in advance from a new member :)

Luki

Last edited:
I suppose you could send Disney an email & ask what their policy is...

Not sure what you can do about the melted styrofoam other than gently scraping. Nice pin. Good luck.

I didn't know if there was maybe a "special" contact person or address, but I'll just try the front door and see how it goes :)

Thanks...much appreciated!

I suppose you could send Disney an email & ask what their policy is...

Not sure what you can do about the melted styrofoam other than gently scraping. Nice pin. Good luck.

As a chemist, I can tell you that acetone will instantly get rid of Styrofoam. What I don't know, however, is whether acetone will damage the pin (I would place at least even odds on damage). I do know that acetone will damage the plastic CD cases; I tried to use it once to clean a CD case and it melted some of the plastic case. So, I wouldn't recommend the acetone...

Hi! regarding your dangling pin, Disney will be more than happy to have that replaced! Just give Disney Parks a call, or send an email. Let them know the situation and they'll send one out to you at no charge and let you keep the broken pin. Its happened a few times with me. Although, since I live closer to Disneyland I find it easier to just go and exchange it. As long as the pin in not retired, they will be able to help you out. Just give them a call/email. :D hope all goes well!

That's excellent, thank you!

Hi! regarding your dangling pin, Disney will be more than happy to have that replaced! Just give Disney Parks a call, or send an email. Let them know the situation and they'll send one out to you at no charge and let you keep the broken pin. Its happened a few times with me. Although, since I live closer to Disneyland I find it easier to just go and exchange it. As long as the pin in not retired, they will be able to help you out. Just give them a call/email. :D hope all goes well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back