• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Advise on a Trade made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advise on a Trade made

rubyquest

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi, Like to know if I am rushing into bad conclusion on this situation.Okay, I made a trade
with a person from the Uk, This person offered a trade and I accepted it. He emails me
he is going to send the pins on a Monday and I said I will send my pins also on Monday.
Monday comes this is on July 1st, I email him that I send the pins on July 1st. and I send him a picture of the post office receipt. That's the paper that you have to fill out for international packages with the date on it.
I told him if he can send me a copy of his receipt, as of yet I haven't received proof that he mailed the pins. So I went to the post office and told them the situation and they told me to file a complain on a missing package, so I did.

Please be aware of a person from the UK offering a trade and willing to send pins on the next day.
I think it was my mistake on trusting people. I know I haven't traded on line for many years because I had this happen to me twice back when trading was done on pinpic and I stopped because of that.I've only traded twice online, counting the Uk person.

So did I rush in filling the complain or does it take that long for mail to get to the UK and to United States?

Maria :sad:

I'm not sure on the time it takes.. But best of luck to you..
If it was someone from the forums did they have any previous feedback score?

I don't know if they are from the form and I don't know how to check feed backs on this forum. I am from pinpic way back and i used to just enter their email and it showed their feedback.

I just told my story cuz I don't want anybody to fooled. Maybe not everybody but just me lol.

Last edited:
I did check for reference on pinpic but I don't know if that service stills work I haven't used it in many years cuz when i checked nothing came on and i thought I was doing something wrong so I entered my email from way back and nothing appeared. So i don't know if pinpic provides that service still.

On the other hand it can easily take a month or two. Post to/from the UK and Europe can be really flaky.

Has the person replied to your emails at all?

I did check for reference on pinpic but I don't know if that service stills work I haven't used it in many years cuz when i checked nothing came on and i thought I was doing something wrong so I entered my email from way back and nothing appeared. So i don't know if pinpic provides that service still.

The Dizpins Reference Center works just fine. I still use it, as do many others. If no references show up, make sure you're typing their email address correctly. If nothing still, I would say they have no references there.

Some times when I've ordered things from the us (I'm in uk) they can take 3 weeks, longest I've waited is 23 days but on average for me I'd say 2 weeks is how long it takes

I've traded with someone on here and my package took three months to arrive. Still haven't received theirs.

I send a package (US to US) priority mail and it took about 45 days to get there. I would check into the person but wouldn't assume it is their fault either. I haven't traded/bought/sold here or on pin pics yet, have you been able to have any contact with them?

Who was it? I recently sent a pin if forward package and they only got it the other day. Took over a month to arrive! Average is 7-10 days though.

The mail is really screwy now days. People on the west coast send me a pin and it's here in 2 days :facepalm: And I send my pins the same time and it takes almost a week from the east coast :dunno:. If you're not sure, inform pin pics and give them a heads up.

I am hoping that is the case, that the mail is late.But I have this feeling that is not the case. This person hasn't communicated with me from the start.I've email mail him several time and they don't answer my emails.
I am hoping I am wrong, I hate to think that there are people scamming people that work hard to buy there
pins. Cuz this hobby ain't cheap.

I want to give a shout to Carissa for trading with me. My first ever trade on the forum.
Thank you for trusting me even though I have no feedback in this form.

I am hoping I am wrong, I hate to think that there are people scamming people that work hard to buy their pins. Cuz this hobby ain't cheap.
It is always possible that someone is trying to scam, but it is also possible that they were also afraid you may have been doing the same and held back sending their pin until receiving yours, which would add to the wait time. I know some do this, whether they say they do or not, as when you check the post mark once receiving their pin(s) you realize it was sent about the time your pin should have arrived at its destination. I frown upon this behaviour in most instances, though I do understand it, but it is something I have never done and I have only been disappointed a handful of times in a dozen years of doing this, so it usually works out just fine. Here's hoping yours works out fine as well, but if it does not, do not hold it against the rest of the hobby, as the vast majority are wonderful people!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back