• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Aladdin 2015 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aladdin 2015 Merchandise
Sure, there's always the website but shipping to Canada is gross and I like getting to choose between a couple of different dolls in person.

That's why I'm so bummed that I don't live close enough to a Store. I figure by the time you work in the shipping, exchange rate, and UPS fees it's about $250... plus the chance of damage.

I really like the BB lenti. Surprised people don't. I can agree he's pale, and that usually bugs me, but in this case I can blame the lighting from the lamp explosion. Definitely getting this :)

I actually love it! The fact that Aladdin is looking light here, doesn't mean he'll be like that once the version is released. This was the exact same situation with the Disney store's version. I mean people need to be patient when it comes to stuff like this. Heck I even made a post about it on my Instagram to show the "comparison". Don't mind the wordings though underneath lol

But look at that difference when we first saw it back in June. Quality is much better :D

So I'm going to be the crazy obsessed one & showing up at the store around 6am. The store doesn't open until 10am but I want to be GUARANTEED to have a set of the tsum tsums & Pre-order of Jasmine >:D

I gotta say, I am pretty surprised that you guys like the cover as much as you do lol. I just think its really weak when compared to previous Best Buy lenticular covers. That, and I was kind of expecting it to look like this:

aladdin-diamond-edition-blu-ray-dvd-cover-809x1024.jpg

But I am glad it satisfied someone! I am going to wait and see what exclusive Wal-Mart has before I decide where to buy it. If we get a box set similar to Japan's (which I doubt), that is definitely the version I am going to buy regardless of what the store exclusives are. :lol:

So I don't know if you guys heard, but Disney is finally making an Aladdin vinylmation set!!!!! And not the juniors, but the actual 3" ones!

I was so excited until I saw this...

250e2dc85c836f39cd86323800717391.jpg

ARE YOU FLIPPING SERIOUS???!!! WHAT THE HELL DISNEY??!!

I have so many problems with this.
1. WTF Is going on with Aladdin and Jasmine? Why do they look like crap when everybody else looks amazing?

2. WHY ARE THEY USING THE DESIGNS FOR JUNIORS? Is Disney so cheap that they can't ask one of their many designers to design new ones??!! There's a reason why these designs work better on 1.5" figures and not 3"!!!

3. WTF IS WITH THE SELECTION CHOICES??!! I understand Aladdin, Jasmine, the Sultan.... But why rajah and Abu? They could have been 1.5" figures that came with the big ones, like Boo from Pixar 2. OR... PEOPLE COULD JUST KEEP THEIR JUNIORS ANS PAIR THEM UP! I can't believe they picked rajah over the magic carpet. As for
Jafar and Iago, I understand that every set needs its villain, but they JUST got their own set under the villainous Duos line. We don't need another vinylmations, and if you do wanna do that at least change the designs. Have Jafar be the old guy, or genie Jafar, or sultan Jafar... Why keep him exactly the same?

4. Last but not least, WHATS WITH THE SERIOUS LACK OF EFFORT??!! Why doesn't Aladdin actually have a molded hat like every other hat wearing character? What about Jafar and the sultan too? And what about those plain looking ears? Why not make some nice designs? Why are they just? Heck even the crappy Frozen set had some designs!!

I am so so so incredibly mad at Disney right. I can't believe the complete and utter lack of care that this set got.
OMG SO FURIOUS!

And for those of you wondering why I'm mad... It's because Vinylmations are what I collect from Disney and they've been treating them like trash for so long now. This just confirms that they're killing the collectible line.

Seriously Disney, go $%#* yourself.. Oh wait, you already did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So I don't know if you guys heard, but Disney is finally making an Aladdin vinylmation set!!!!! And not the juniors, but the actual 3" ones!

I was so excited until I saw this...

I SAW! It's almost literally the same ones from the Jr. set yet no Carpet or Genie. It almost makes me think they're exclusives Aladdin vinylmations at the D23 Expo.

I SAW! It's almost literally the same ones from the Jr. set yet no Carpet or Genie. It almost makes me think they're exclusives Aladdin vinylmations at the D23 Expo.

Edited my post with a rant.

Wow...I am kind of at a loss of words over those vinylmations. I mean everyone besides Aladdin and Jasmine don't look that bad, but they come across as incredibly uninspired. They didn't even bother to put designs on their ears? Why use the exact same designs as the Juniors when you could have gotten creative with new designs? WHY THE HECK ISN'T GENIE INCLUDED? Very disappointing :(

Totally agree that Jasmine and Aladdin's faces are really lacking in that set. Aladdin looks drunk, Jasmine looks like a fish.

I'm not even surprised ever since the disappointment that is the frozen vinylmation set I've completely lost hope for vinylmation. I feel like Disney is intentionally sabotaging designs to just end vinylmations. Almost like ' they're not selling because people don't want them anymore' when in reality they're not selling because Disney keeps putting out garbage.

IMAGES ARE NOT MINE! FOUND THEM ON THE DISNEY LIMITED EDITION DOLLS TUMBLR PAGE!!!

Edit: Now that I have calmed down a bit, I think these items look beautiful, but they aren't what I was expecting. Still, they are still very lovely, and I can't wait to see what other items are going to be available! The bet the pin is going to be gorgeous!

tumblr_nsq7q9m59F1uvye5jo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsq7q9m59F1uvye5jo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsq7q9m59F1uvye5jo3_1280.jpg

Last edited:
IMAGES ARE NOT MINE! FOUND THEM ON THE DISNEY LIMITED EDITION DOLLS TUMBLR PAGE!!!

Edit: Now that I have calmed down a bit, I think these items look beautiful, but they aren't what I was expecting. Still, they are still very lovely, and I can't wait to see what other items are going to be available! The bet the pin is going to be gorgeous!

tumblr_nsq7q9m59F1uvye5jo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsq7q9m59F1uvye5jo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsq7q9m59F1uvye5jo3_1280.jpg

Sooo I'll be pretty much broke when I'm at California & I'll be telling my friends don't be too shocked that I'll be hitchhiking back to Canada on the roads LMAO! But these are BEAUTIFUL!! I literally can not wait for the pin to be released now :D

Sooo I'll be pretty much broke when I'm at California & I'll be telling my friends don't be too shocked that I'll be hitchhiking back to Canada on the roads LMAO! But these are BEAUTIFUL!! I literally can not wait for the pin to be released now :D

I can't either! I can only imagine how gorgeous its going to look after seeing what we have so far! Hopefully this means that everything is going to go up Monday and Tuesday.

Okay. Its official. I am going to go broke next week. Even if its a piece of artwork that we have already seen before, I just can't get over how beautiful this journal looks! (source once again the Disney Limited Edition Dolls tumblr page)

tumblr_nsqo1oR6SW1tp9tvoo1_500.jpg

I love how for Ariel, we 4 new designs and an interesting spin on an older one (Glen Keane). For Aurora we got designs from only Steve Thompson, who if I'm being honest, doesn't work well when he's the only designer for the series. I just think his designs are too simplistic for a whole set, I love his designs, but I'd rather get a diverse looking art style. Like the Ariel set. But what's more interesting for Jasmine is that they're reusing pretty much 2 of the 3 designs we're seeing right now... Hm.. I wonder what we're getting for the other two designs. Also, I hope we get interesting things this time, Aurora's collection was pretty lackluster... Save for the jewelry box. I thought that was a nice edition.

I love the journal. Can't wait to see the pin. Did Europe get the pin last time? I wasn't collecting at the time!

I loved a Aurora and Ariel's design but jasmines is a bit meh. I must admit I'm not a fan of Middle Eastern inspired designs and much prefer colourful art like Auroras was.

Really like that mug! Gutted as I've just bought the Aristocat one as a treat to myself but wish I waited for this one.

Those pieces are pretty, but I don't have an iphone (other phones exist too, sigh) and I feel like Jasmine's nose is not right (too small) on the mug sketch. That notebook though...!

Love all the Art of Jasmine things so far. Though I don't own an iPhone, so the case is a moot point. Glad she is getting things since I missed out on the Ariel items.
Not a Sleeping Beauty fan, so not tore up about passing on her collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back