• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Aladdin 2015 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aladdin 2015 Merchandise
I agree about waiting. I'm among the waiters lol. Aladdin was my first Disney obsession as a kid (soooooo many memories), but I'm not about to feed sharks or post about how special she would be, my favorite princess and blah blah bla so please help. If we give it a month or two, she'll drop just like all the others do.

(I should express though that Jasmine was only my fave princess until Tiana came out, so she's my second fave)

Last edited:
Slave Jasmine being raffled of FB group. Let's see how this goes.

SSzwtSr.png

Thanks for sharing this, I loved reading it! (It's not like I didn't like the other reports but it was a nice change to hear something good about the expo. The whole crowd and pushing and scalpers made me sad. :()
Seems like your trip was a great one, I really like the costumes! I think it's my very favourite picture of the bunch. (The one with Aladdin and the three Jasmines) Congratulations on getting Red Jasmine! :)

Hey DPF!! I am so happy to be back in Canada & finally be caught up with all social media about the D23 Expo & been reading so much I missed here on the forums. Be prepared for a very long report of how my first D23 Expo was! It also include lots of photos. Thought this would be the perfect place cause everything I wanted at the expo was all Aladdin merch & others. Right off the back, this has been a surviving yet amazing experience I've had in California. Being a major MAJOR fan of Aladdin, I've had to go this year's expo so badly. Even though I really I've saved up so much, I've got the one thing I wanted the most & I got it plus even more. I didn't which topic I was going to discuss my experience but since Aladdin is one of my all time favorite movies, I've had to choose this particular topic to discuss. Also, if haven't been following me on Instagram or Facebook; then you're in for a very special treat for a full report with lots of photos!!

So my D23 Experience started off right away when I was at DTD in Disneyland & seeing what's the updates for merchandise was like & seeing the hashtag (#D23Expo) on Thursday Aug. 13/15. The minute I was in Starbucks & checking the updates, I saw someone posted a photo of the "unofficial line-up" already at the convention for the merchandise & panels. This was around 2:30pm I saw this update & immediately I wanted to check it out & just wanted to start lining up right away. I was probably maybe 50-60 in line & I was also saving a spot for the one friend who also wanted to get one thing from the Disney Store. I'm the type of person who doesn't mind waiting in line if I actually get to talk & get aquatints with the people around me. It was actually really awesome! Especially with the people behind who were MAJOR doll collectors! Since they had every single doll that was released in the Disney Store back with Snow White 17". It was awesome discussing our love for Disney & why we loved Disney Store dolls.

63fe8154352773ebcd41226afb687480.jpg

c27686177fca33f3bce393fd8436e39b.jpg

0a4d2c611c6e9742804497bb4bec949d.jpg

Around 10pm, they started letting us in & into their "basement" of the convention & making sure we got to camp indoors. From then on, they made sure we were in the same spot in the line outside but inside. They also put two wristbands on. One of them was a silver band & they numbered it as well too. It wasn't too bad since they provided classic Disney movies while we still awake & sleeping at the same time xD lol.

2b393a3c840eda3a60c76641f90ff823.jpg

bb0ba59de58297e5241c5e03b105bfa8.jpg

1a394fb198b2ac3c239043e0a9563f0b.jpg

85e99e4a4b21dd0966528ed3f709f195.jpg

Then around 4am, they started taking around like 150 of us in the beginning of the line-up to outside. At this point I thought they were letting us go early to get set up the actual line-up to get in the convention. Instead, they were just "using" us as part of background people for the news channel who were outside. That right there already killed 2-3 hrs of doing nothing but cheering & standing there looking pretty. Luckily for me & my friend got interviewed & we both had positive energy still going through us! :D Plus Mickey Mouse, Woody, & John Lasseter were there to help kick off the first day D23 Expo which I already thought that was amazing.

5d09ba0af335aef66207736ca49c16ef.jpg

099333ac0e1647b8f5044291601af7d8.jpg

When 8am came around, they made us go back into the convention & we started lining right at the entrance of the actual expo itself. Then they started taking sorcerers in first (since they're the crazy people who those tickets) & they were only taking small groups of people & not all at the same time. This was around 9:30am that this started. The minute they let us gold/silver D23 members in, it was just mad chaos! Everybody just started booking it & running straight to the expo. Like there was no cast members or staff to guide us where the expo was. People were pushing, running, & yelling. The cast members who were at the queue of the Disney store didn't even acknowledge or honor the people who had the wristbands. & let me tell you, the people who were in the middle & back of the line & ran straight to the front, didn't even care what the other people like myself were yelling about. Cause all they cared about was buying in bulks & reselling for eBay. It was pretty horrible, though I wasn't surprise that it wasn't handled properly. What's even worse was they didn't even tell us what they exactly were selling cause me & friend only wanted the red slave Jasmine doll & that's it. Unfortunately they weren't selling any of Jasmine's merchandise until Saturday. So me & my friend ended up only buying the designer pin set & Elsa's Swarovski pin. Unfortunately I sold each individual pin separately cause I needed more money for the merchandise that was gonna to be released the next day. But both me & my friend were determined to wait out later that day to get our Red Slave Jasmine doll. So we pretty much after we were finished purchasing our pins at the Disney Store, we just walked around the expo & explore the whole area. Since it was our first time, we didn't had major expectations & checked out all the booths, vendors, & displays that was around us. Of course being us fanatic of Disney Pins, that was probably our favorite thing to do that day & checked out all the pins vendors. When we heard the news that people were already lining up for the next day, we told each other we will keep walking around & head back to our places & be prepared to bring blankets & pillows for the next day. Since I was staying at a motel, I just only had to take a shower real quick, bring blankets & pillows, & be prepared again to stay the night at the convention.

d124530fb6fa844a607eb9d4eeeccc42.jpg

f7b33e2f2aca56293a51d65152d80f31.jpg

I will try to make this next part much shorter cause it was pretty much the same process & setup that we did for Thursday afternoon. Except when 10pm came around, instead of putting us in the basement, they took the people who were just only wanting to go to the Disney Store to upstairs where some of the panels were on the second floor. From there on, we did the same thing & slept overnight. It was awesome though we had the same people with us the Thursday night we got to hangout with.

d8599b25111408d0317f114fb7eb8f66.jpg

3e417215542168b9605237f8779b2935.jpg

Can I just say how amazingly the difference with the organization from Friday to Saturday was!? For Saturday me & my friend was dressed up as Aladdin & Jasmine & told each other that we will get our dolls cause I had a positive feeling we will get it. The way they took us in should've been the way how it should been on Friday. So when took they us group by group again, this is time they actually had to have a "pathway" made out of cast members & making sure they were going single file & nobody was cutting or pushing us. Then they made sure when we got to the Disney store queue that we were in order & forming a good line-up. So Saturday went by pretty smoothly & we got the one thing we wanted ... Which was the 17" LE Red Slave Jasmine doll from the Disney Store! Me & friend were literally jumping for joy & doing our happy dance when we purchased them! I was also excited as well cause I able to purchase the vinylmations & pin set from the Art of Jasmine collection! We told ourselves that day was unofficially gonna be Aladdin day! Everyone was so happy for us that afterwards we were able to get the artists to sign the creation of all the products, including the LE red slave Jasmine doll XD Plus we were able to attend the Making of Aladdin panel later that day & boy was it a great one!

d7d97627d242fa1ccce102c4bfc6abc5.jpg

1d41dfaa618d5a46e019d80ea14a253a.jpg

8d12ebb1135e4cc749d06831691b59b6.jpg

4c86c4ebaf4024b5cc845cf18859768a.jpg

To wrap it all off, we got to spend our last D23 Expo just in normal clothes & actually got the chance to look around more. But the highlight of my last D23 Expo day was getting to meet the original singing voice for Aladdin, Brad Kane! Like you guys have no idea how excited I was when I shook hands with him & got the chance to even say Hi & tell him my name! LOL.

b0c20c5afb891c93c888dbe37783927d.jpg

Then off I got the chance to spend a day at Disneyland the next day but I'll get into that story another time. But I seriously made so much more new experiences & the best part was spending those awesome experience with brand new friends & sharing that love for Disney. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this & I'll leave you guys a photo of all the stuff I've got plus close up pics of the 17" LE Red Slave Jasmine Doll of 500! :D

22c066f19b60d00750db931e841c028e.jpg

b1ea9da55393d16d0996a5efd38f86e2.jpg

011e5ae38b5865344e7973739e7ad010.jpg

4e3db988be5525a8a101d9b7c83c525a.jpg

872d442cd285aeddf9394dd14be58da8.jpg

afc695db1b81814b341b02b8a98929f9.jpg

f40fd907fdd6c95a30bb2106465ca449.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you managed to get her princeali! She looks beautiful in your pics.

You and your friend looked awesome dressed up!

I have an extra set of litho's in the for sale section if anyone is interested :)

Last edited:
@princeali: I loved seeing those pictures, they make D23 look so nice (even though obviously there were a lot of problems this year.) The red Jasmine is gorgeous, the cosplay is awesome (I'm so happy to see a purple Jasmine too!), and it looks like you got a lot of fun stuff.

I keep reading about people who went to their local stores and found that there were still 1-2 pre-orders left for the teal Jasmine. My mom called all the local-ish stores and none of them had her. I'm so sad.

Hi Everyone! I am new to the forum and only started doll collecting in mid 2014; due to this I do not own any Aladdin dolls (despite this being one of my favourite Disney films!) and wondered if anyone had purchased the Disney Store Aladdin Deluxe gift set - I have searched everywhere and am finding it hard to find reviews of this set and wondered if it was worth the price? I particularly like the fact the set comes with Jasmine's red outfit and as I will never own the D23 17" version was thinking of buying this one as a substitute! I am planning on also buying the 17" Jasmine when it is released in October (I live in the UK so we are not able to pre-order), so the deluxe gift set would be an additional purchase!

Great pics Ali!

My friend actually took a pic of your friend in the lilac Jasmine costume. She also managed to get Slave Jasmine

Hey guys, I'm gonna post this here too since this subforum is a lot more popular than the selling/wanted one. I'm looking for the two pack Art of Jasmine Vinylmation set as well as the two pack mug set from a Disney Store WITHIN CANADA. We now have three in the lower mainland BC and none of them are carrying those two items, just the single mug, standard Aladdin set of vinyls and the shirts/journal/iphone case. None of which I want. OF COURSE they wouldn't get the two non-LE items that I do want. Anyway, I'm just putting this out there to see if any actual store in Canada did get those two items because with our dollar exchange right now it would be much cheaper for me to buy them from within Canada in Canadian dollars. Though I fear that if none of the stores in Canada's third largest city got them, no stores in Canada got them at all :( But it's worth a shot! Thanks for checking for me :)

And Prince Ali, I loooooove your photos. It's like living vicariously through you :D I would love to go to D23 someday but not until Disney gets their crap together about handling the crowds/the stores/the panels/etc. Still, if you can go with a few friends to camp out with it seems like a blast!

Hey guys, I'm gonna post this here too since this subforum is a lot more popular than the selling/wanted one. I'm looking for the two pack Art of Jasmine Vinylmation set as well as the two pack mug set from a Disney Store WITHIN CANADA. We now have three in the lower mainland BC and none of them are carrying those two items, just the single mug, standard Aladdin set of vinyls and the shirts/journal/iphone case. None of which I want. OF COURSE they wouldn't get the two non-LE items that I do want. Anyway, I'm just putting this out there to see if any actual store in Canada did get those two items because with our dollar exchange right now it would be much cheaper for me to buy them from within Canada in Canadian dollars. Though I fear that if none of the stores in Canada's third largest city got them, no stores in Canada got them at all :( But it's worth a shot! Thanks for checking for me :)

And Prince Ali, I loooooove your photos. It's like living vicariously through you :D I would love to go to D23 someday but not until Disney gets their crap together about handling the crowds/the stores/the panels/etc. Still, if you can go with a few friends to camp out with it seems like a blast!
I'm not sure if this is the same in Canada but if you go in store and ask about something that's online but not in store a lot of the time they'll ship it to the store for free... Not sure if this applies to Canada but worth a shot.

Great pics Ali!

My friend actually took a pic of your friend in the lilac Jasmine costume. She also managed to get Slave Jasmine

Oh nice!! I knew a lot of people loved my friend's version of Jasmine. Cause you usually never see her in purple xD

Best review of the expo experience! Congratulations!

Thank you! I try to put every detail that I could remember into my report :D

Definitely try phoning all the Disney stores in Canada & if they happen to have it, ask kindly if they could ship it to you. Cause limited edition items usually only hits some stores depending on what's the size of the LE.

Ahaha awwwe thank you! It was seriously lots of fun. I would definitely go again in 2017. I came to expo expecting to make a couple of new friends (since I went by myself) but I ended up making at least 20 new friends when I was down there. I guess it's all about making connections & just sharing your passion with other Disney fans :D

I'm not sure if this is the same in Canada but if you go in store and ask about something that's online but not in store a lot of the time they'll ship it to the store for free... Not sure if this applies to Canada but worth a shot.

Unfortunately we can't order things online and have it ship to stores. Basically we have to have a friend who lives in the states & then send it to us for a more cheaper price since shipping for us ridiculous from the states. Disney needs to make a Canadian website!! >:[

PrinceAli thank you so much for sharing your pictures, looks like you had an amazing time. And your costumes are fantastic!

Unfortunately we can't order things online and have it ship to stores. Basically we have to have a friend who lives in the states & then send it to us for a more cheaper price since shipping for us ridiculous from the states. Disney needs to make a Canadian website!! >:[

The joys of being a collector in Canada... I feel bad constantly asking my friend to ship things to me. I would honestly be happy if we could get different shipping options (those UPS fees on top of the shipping, ugh!), but a Canadian website would be so much better!

It's the same for the Aussies... they have to order from the US site and the shipping cost goes on value of the order, not size, which is good in some cases (large boxes but not expensive items or LE dolls) and bad in others (expensive jewellery or figurines etc)

We wish they'd just make an Australia online store with a warehouse already, since they closed all our DS in 2000's

Prince Ali I love your pictures and that you shared your experience at the con. I didn't get to go to D23 this year but I will try and make it down there in 2017. If I see your there I will make sure to say hi! It seems like so much fun!!! Also glad you were able to get The D23 Jasmine she looks gorgeous and stunning even in pics and reviews.

It's the same for the Aussies... they have to order from the US site and the shipping cost goes on value of the order, not size, which is good in some cases (large boxes but not expensive items or LE dolls) and bad in others (expensive jewellery or figurines etc)

We wish they'd just make an Australia online store with a warehouse already, since they closed all our DS in 2000's

I know what you mean! I've always loved the by value shipping as far as getting heavy/large items, like snowglobes, but on the rare occasion they have pins...

Oh no, I didn't know you guys had no stores at all! That's so unfair.

Just a FYI, that was not our group that the Slave Jasmine was being raffled off in.

The group that Nate (nsingleton) started and which I am helping admin is here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/122341598112274/

We also had Red Slave Jasmine, 60 spots @ $25 each, but everyone who bought a spot got a consolation gift (a mini tsum tsum).

We will be having another Red Slave Jasmine shortly, as well as 17" Merida. Right now, we have the D23 Elsa/Hans set + 17" Pink Aurora (consolation prizes are Disney books and/or totes!)

Slave Jasmine being raffled of FB group. Let's see how this goes.

SSzwtSr.png

Yeah we used to have 3 or 4, but they closed them claiming they weren't profitable. Well they would be now! But apparently people enquired about franchising the stores and Disney straight shut them down and said it will never happen. :(

I love the new doll dresses they have on the Disney Store website!

I think this is the best of the lot, I really can't remember Jasmine ever being in this outfit in doll form before.
They also have Belle's Peasant Dress, Aurora's Blue Dress, and Rapunzel's wedding dress with Crown veil.

I love the new doll dresses they have on the Disney Store website!

I think this is the best of the lot, I really can't remember Jasmine ever being in this outfit in doll form before.
They also have Belle's Peasant Dress, Aurora's Blue Dress, and Rapunzel's wedding dress with Crown veil.

One of the Matel dolls from the 90s had this dress! I had it as a kid.

51DmB5NyGRL.jpg

I don't know how many of you here are Disney Movie Club members, but this months featured title is a two pack of the Aladdin Diamond Edition and The Disney Short Films Collection. I haven't bought the short films collection yet, and I couldn't decide where I was gonna buy the Aladdin Diamond Edition, so I ended up going for this deal. Plus you get a Jasmine lithograph for free! Just thought I would give everyone a heads up if you were having a hard time deciding where to buy the movie :).

I don't know how many of you here are Disney Movie Club members, but this months featured title is a two pack of the Aladdin Diamond Edition and The Disney Short Films Collection. I haven't bought the short films collection yet, and I couldn't decide where I was gonna buy the Aladdin Diamond Edition, so I ended up going for this deal. Plus you get a Jasmine lithograph for free! Just thought I would give everyone a heads up if you were having a hard time deciding where to buy the movie :).

I am a Disney Movie Club member but have never ordered a new release from them before. Would Aladdin ship before October 13th or do they wait until the 13 th to start shipping them? If they wait until the 13th the ill pass and just pick the blu Ray up in stores.

I am a Disney Movie Club member but have never ordered a new release from them before. Would Aladdin ship before October 13th or do they wait until the 13 th to start shipping them? If they wait until the 13th the ill pass and just pick the blu Ray up in stores.
I pre-ordered Frozen with the movie club and I think I got it a few days after the release. I did buy the movie the day it came out at Target since it had extra bonus features.

It depends. They don't charge you until they get the movies in stock, which tends to be a week or so before the movie comes out. Some people get their movies on release day, some get them a few days after, and some even get them a few days ahead of the release date. Most people get them either before or on the day of release, so if you do decide to order from them then I wouldn't worry too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back