• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Aladdin 2015 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aladdin 2015 Merchandise
So excited for this year's possible Aladdin doll releases! Just bought a Disney Infinity 2, Aladdin game figure and the console! Held out all this time.

I'm still amazed at how they let something so clearly sexual like that in the movie. Jasmine is 15 too, right? Geez.

Its an example of how Disney is not afraid to go to some dark places in their stories. It sure does make Jafar look more screwed up than he already was. Even with its dark undertones, its still a beautiful outfit though. I doubted that Disney would ever make it, but seeing how doll releases have been going lately I guess it wouldn't really be that surprising either.

I just want to see what Aladdin will look like! Most people seem to want him in his Prince Ali outfit (which does give them the excuse to go all out with it), but I am one of those people that wants him in his "street rat" attire lol.

Aladdin is one of my favorite Disney movies along with Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King. I am excited and look forward to seeing all the Aladdin merchandise that will be released. I think the Aladdin LE dolls will be stunning and ones that many people will want to add to their collection I know I do!

I'm still amazed at how they let something so clearly sexual like that in the movie. Jasmine is 15 too, right? Geez.

Sometimes I think that too, but then I realize that it's really got nothing on Hunchback, for example! I didn't full appreciate or fall in love with until I was older because of the mature themes. Hercules has some obviously sexual innuendos too. But I actually think a slave Jasmine doll would be beautiful! We hardly ever get to see her in red :)

Street Rat would be cool (he could be with Carpet and Carpet could be gorgeously detailed). I would love to see an LE Prince Ali but how would they fit an 18" doll PLUS his big blinged out turban in the standard sized box? They'd either have to change the box or maybe make him hold his turban in his arms.

That's certainly something to think about. Let's hope they don't pull wedding Cinderella bs.

I wasn't a fan of Hercules.. But I loooove Aladdin. But I hate Jafar.

I love Hercules, though I've never been able to explain exactly why...it's just kind of a fun movie. Aladdin is my favorite Disney prince by a long shot, though! Jafar is alright, but not my favorite villain.

I haven't collected the prince dolls and don't intend to start now, but...if they made Aladdin in his "Street Rat"
clothes...they wouldn't look right. If they were to glam and bedazzle them up...they would look REALLY wrong. In his prince clothes, they could be all glammed up and feel acurate. And, because of how they make the males look "too tall", they could easily have him holing his hat in his hand...and the lamp could be peaking out of it.

Jafar is the doll I would immensely love and want from this batch of releases! It's high time that they include a male villain in to this collection. My only fears are...I've seen the classic doll...and I've seen how the males fit in their boxes...so I feel like Disney wouldn't be smart enough to find a way to make him fit nicely. Really, all they need to do is have his head be profile and tilted upward...like he is turning his nose up at us and giving us some crazy intense side stick eye. But also...if they can make Maleficent and her horns fit nicely...they can make Jafar and his headpiece fit well too!

oh my I am sooo excited!! :tigger: Aladdin is my favourite movie!

Last edited:
Aladdin is a favorite 'round here! I'm hoping for a gorgeous LE Jasmine doll. Her purple outfit is my favorite, but I won't be picky. :D

Looking forward to seeing what else is released. An 'Art of Jasmine' collection would be sweet. I'm hoping for a snow globe that sparks my interest. I wasn't too impressed by the 101 Dalmatians globe. I really wanted to be excited about it, but it just didn't do it for me. :(

I definitely see an Aladdin doll as its his movie. I think we might get a Genie and/or Jafar. I'm so excited for this release. The only think I hate is the time of year. Too close to my daughter's birthday. The money spent on the dolls and her party will leave me in debt.

I definitely see an Aladdin doll as its his movie. I think we might get a Genie and/or Jafar. I'm so excited for this release. The only think I hate is the time of year. Too close to my daughter's birthday. The money spent on the dolls and her party will leave me in debt.

The good thing is that we know they're coming and if there's a preorder like there was with the other October released dolls, it will be around the end of July (I think? Somebody might have to correct me on this). That gives you plenty of time to save up for them though. You could put $10-$20 aside every week as a doll fund. That way it doesn't break the bank when you buy it later. I'm planning on doing this to buy one of the previous dolls I missed out on, yet never seem to have the cash to buy her when she comes up at a good price. Put a jar aside and add cash to it each week, it'll build up fast enough :)

The good thing is that we know they're coming and if there's a preorder like there was with the other October released dolls, it will be around the end of July (I think? Somebody might have to correct me on this). That gives you plenty of time to save up for them though. You could put $10-$20 aside every week as a doll fund. That way it doesn't break the bank when you buy it later. I'm planning on doing this to buy one of the previous dolls I missed out on, yet never seem to have the cash to buy her when she comes up at a good price. Put a jar aside and add cash to it each week, it'll build up fast enough :)

If it is like last year then it is only one preorder in the summer. Then an additional 3 dolls in the fall, so an additional $400. I'm already trying to save $1,500+ for her party and our annual trip to disneyland. Still a lot of money.

It is, I hear you. It's also hard not knowing how many dolls they're going to make. I think they'll do the preorder for Jasmine and I'm sure they'll make an Aladdin as well. Possible on Jafar, but not sure. Hopefully you can get all the ones you want, and if not then I think the dolls can be found for a decent price for a couple months after they're released since the secondary market will be flooded. I guess just keep putting what you can aside after focusing on your other expenditures. Good luck with the party and the trip to Disneyland too! Sounds like lots of fun :)

I'm excited! I like getting my movies as dvd/digital copy/blue-ray combo packs when possible to cover all my platforms, so hopefully there will be some sort of combo option. And I do hope they do an Art of Jasmine pin! I don't collect Aladdin (as of yet, I swear what themes I collect keeps growing! I watched teh TV series so I could probably find an Aladdin themed thing to collect, hmmmmm) but I'd love to try and get an Art of pin! I've never done an online pin sale so it would be a fun (nail biting) experience to try! Still on the hunt for art of Aurora to add to my Ariel I traded for!

Seeing we have gotten prince dolls for the past two Diamond edition releases and the Kristoff doll in March, it would make ZERO sense for Disney to not make an Aladdin doll when he is the main character of his film. I can assure you, without a doubt, that we will get him, so those who are worried shouldn't be. I just hope that we see what all of the dolls will look like in the D23 preview videos that they usually make for the expo like how they did in 2013 for the Little Mermaid dolls.

When do they usually release the D23 sneak peeks? I might be going to the Expo and I'm so impatient to see what will be there! Haha but I definitely think that we will get an Aladdin. No doubt. I can't wait!

When do they usually release the D23 sneak peeks? I might be going to the Expo and I'm so impatient to see what will be there! Haha but I definitely think that we will get an Aladdin. No doubt. I can't wait!

I am way to impatient to see what they look like too lol. I just can't wait for their release! But to answer your question, I believe the D23 video that showed what the Ursula and Eric dolls looked like was released on August 1st, which is in the same month as the Expo itself.

I am way to impatient to see what they look like too lol. I just can't wait for their release! But to answer your question, I believe the D23 video that showed what the Ursula and Eric dolls looked like was released on August 1st, which is in the same month as the Expo itself.

Ahhh so far! Haha, well thank you :)

Bumping this thread seeing its been a while since anyone has posted here. We are getting closer and closer to the D23 expo, so hopefully we will start seeing some things soon!

Bumping this thread seeing its been a while since anyone has posted here. We are getting closer and closer to the D23 expo, so hopefully we will start seeing some things soon!

Ahh! You almost scared me for a second & thinking someone "leaked" photos of the merchandise for Aladdin. But I'm sooo excited that D23 is coming up pretty soon. So far, I've only seen new pins for Aladdin & nothing much =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back