Aladdin 2019 Merchandise

Discussion in 'Other Disney Collectibles' started by LordTremaine, Mar 27, 2019.

1. LordTremaine

LordTremaine Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

So the live action Aladdin is coming out in May. I imagine we will be getting merchandise for the movie, including dolls. So just made this thread for it.

Please feel free to post any merchandise!

ItzaPinfan likes this.
  2. Runswthwolves

Runswthwolves Member

0   0   0

The tie in books are due to be released in April. So maybe some time in mid April, can't wait to see what they have.

slbrabham likes this.
  3. Starlord3301

Starlord3301 Member

0   0   0

I can't wait to see either. I am hoping we get a LE Jasmine doll and lots of other Merchandise.

4. Runswthwolves

Runswthwolves Member

0   0   0

Hot Topic has several pieces of jewelry on its site. In general their Aladdin section seems robust,perhaps in a run up to the new film.

5. LordTremaine

LordTremaine Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I read on Instagram that the Disney store is not releasing film collection dolls for the film like they did with live action Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast and Alice. They are releasing LE dolls, not sure how many.

Kind of disappointed that they aren't releasing film collection dolls. They didn't for the Nutcracker but did a 12 inch doll of Mary Poppins for the sequel. It seems a waste because it looks like Jasmine has several gorgeous outfits that won't be made into doll form. At least affordable doll form haha.

I've heard the reason they aren't making dolls is because of the backlash from the live action Belle doll. Which is a lame excuse, just make good face sculpts. Maybe if the film does well they will reconsider.

I guess Mattel and/or Hasbro will be making dolls for the film.

6. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

[​IMG]

What happened with the Belle live action doll release?...asking for a friend (haha)...im new and don’t collect dolls, just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Runswthwolves

Runswthwolves Member

0   0   0

Folks didn't like how Belle looked saying she looked nothing like the actress or slightly off the nearly uncanny valley. It's a shame because I adore the line and was waiting to see the dolls in that size. Oh well, this is making me more willing to buy the LE doll, do we know which characters will be given LE dolls? Hopefully one of them is Jasmine because those outfits are perfect for that format. Just don't only release her in the platinum set, if we are getting one.

There's a soft-sided lunch tote listed on Taret.com, am already digging the color scheme on the merchandise. Interesting that Jasmine is clearly live action while Raja's his animated self. Which I don't mind, it's a nice hybrid of the two films and probably works better.

4/3/19 Go to Google and type "live action Aladdin merchandise" then click on images. I'm not going to link here cause pretty sure *cough cough* it's not supposed to be out. If the merch is legit the colors/character art is amazing. Really, truly looks like some of the patterns were lifted from the old "Art Of Aladdin" book. Nice job Disney, nice job.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    ItzaPinfan likes this.
  8. Meritre

Meritre Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

9. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Coming soon

[​IMG]

CCofRR13, slbrabham and Meritre like this.
  10. Runswthwolves

Runswthwolves Member

0   0   0

Where's the little alien from Toy Story...because "ooooh" fits perfectly here. Time to start saving the money. Thanks to everyone for the photos and information so far. For those that collect the movie tie in books, my Target had several of them already on the shelf yesterday.

11. LordTremaine

LordTremaine Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I must be the only one who doesn't love the LE dolls. They are nice but I'm not as wowed as I was hoping. Maybe it's because there are no 12 inch film collection dolls to compare them to.

To be fair, Disney always takes the worst possible pictures of their LE dolls so they will definitely look better in person. But Aladdin's face looks way off. I was also hoping for them to put Jasmine in her purple or red dress. They are more Wow outfits than the blue. Maybe they will make one of them for her when the movie gets released on Bluray.

Kind of upset Disney cancels the film collection right when the most beautifully wardrobed princess comes along.

12. Runswthwolves

Runswthwolves Member

0   0   0

Have to agree with this was the worst time for them to moth ball the 12 inch line. Given how perfect this movie is with outfits even if they only had released two (Jasmine and Aladdin) it could have worked. Why?!! It'll be intresting to see what Mulan gets in terms of dolls.

Meritre likes this.
  13. Starlord3301

Starlord3301 Member

0   0   0

I am guessing she will get the same just an LE doll and platinum set. I do like the look of the LE Jasmine but as per usual these pics are awful. It’s like Disney is trying to not sell their dolls

14. Meritre

Meritre Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I don't have high hopes for Mulan and it makes me really sad, she is one of my absolute favourite girls. :(

15. Starlord3301

Starlord3301 Member

0   0   0

So there are a few new things up on the Shop Disney website for the LA Aladdin and honestly if that is all they are going to release then they dropped the ball just as they did with Dumbo. Same goes for the Avengers Endgame merchandise. I feel that Infinity war and even captain marvel had more merchandise and I feel Beauty and the beast had far more merchandise than what Aladdin has so far. Hopefully they release more in the near future