• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ALERT: Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, DSF, and D23

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALERT: Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, DSF, and D23

a4matte

Poor Unfortunate Soul
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Keep an eye out, some more are popping up on ebay from chilly that seller in Hong Kong.

I've noticed the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom along with the DSF Villain frames (the first round) and the D23 Mystery Set popping up lately.

Also, lots of recent DLP PTN pins (mike, brave bear) and DSF New Years 2014/Thor release.

Just saw the Mulan calendar from this year on there.

Last edited:
This seller lists most of these LE pins in multiples. A lot of the DLP event pins, except the gondola and jumbo, are listed as 3 or more. For example Mother Gothel & Rapunzel were actually listed 3 times totalling 13 pins as 5-4-4. I find the chances of getting authentic LE DLP pins from Hong Kong very very slim - especially at those prices :/

I am not sure if those are indeed counterfeits or true scrappers, but it does not look good considering the fact that his/her feedback is private :(

Not every pin that they sell do we need to cry "the sky is falling".

Since they have so much positive feedback, I bet they do sell authentic pins sometimes.

Assuming I'm looking at the seller you guys are talking about: If you look at the readout of their feedback, a majority of it seems to be coming from many duplicate comments. Could be friends of the seller "buying" tons of items just to boost their feedback and then they get the transactions canceled or they're paid off by the seller. Or it could be that people are buying a lot of their cheap pins in order to trade/sell them away for a profit and they just copy & paste their feedback for every item. Either way, it's not "normal" looking feedback.

Most of the time, even scrapper/counterfeit sellers have really good feedback. It's just people who don't know what a scrapper or counterfeit is or don't care that give good feedback.

Our icy friend also has Kermit pin trader's delight. He's sold 10 so far, so beware future trades for Kermit with ice cream...

I feel we need to buy some pins from them to see the difference between theirs and the legit ones
Ehh.. I can see where you're coming from, but I hate doing that sort of thing. Patronizing bad guys/stores/etc. only encourages them to continue. It's true that side-by-side comparisons are really the only way to learn about scrappers, but there are plenty of comparison guides to look at online. I'm not going to buy a scrapper version of every pin I want just so I can look at the differences.

I saw this seller also listing DLP PTN pins, and those are supposed to be numbered as far as I know in xxx/400 format. I am going to guess that the pins from this seller might not be numbered on the back.

In the past, I have seen PTN Alice's Caterpillar pin from China and the seller openly mentioned that the back was NOT numbered, but I do no longer remember who was selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back