• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice 60th frame set seen at DLR Pin Traders!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice 60th frame set seen at DLR Pin Traders!!!!!

Guy the Ghoul

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
At DLR's Pin Traders yesterday, I saw hanging on the wall, an Alice Frame set from the April 2nd release!!! They had one left. Later around 8:00pm, I noticed it was not hanging on the wall where it was before, so I assumed it sold, but for some strange reason they had put it back in it's box and it was in the stockroom! It should still be there this morning if it's still not on display! They also had autographed Mad Hattter figurines taken from LCMSC! 3 are at Pin traders and 1 is at LGMSC! Go figure!

I'm guessing the eBay sellers couldn't get their asking prices and returned these items before the 30 days return time frame (I think that's how long Disney gives to make returns?) expired.

I think your correct because they also had already signed Mad Hatter figurines too (signed on the underside of the hat lid) that must have been returned as well. I inspected the frame and it looked fine to me, no apparant defects or problems.

The frames may be left behind do to returns on damaged products that the buyers did not see on the initial inspection upon buying the frames. I agree on the eBay sellers returns do to a small to no profit margin but does not Disney have a NO return policy on collectables? Usually stamped on the receipt only exchanges?

Nope, as far as DLR goes, you've got thirty days for a return. Granted, that only applies to merchandise that's unsigned, so I'm a bit confused as to why they have signed stuff for sale. But yeah. There are eBay sellers who buy loads of new pins in the park, throw them on eBay, and then return whatever they haven't sold at the 29 day mark. It lets them operate on relatively thin margins, since there's no financial risk at all. Makes for competitive pricing, but lower collectibility and lower demand for trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back