• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event
Oh no, I am in NC. I did register when it first opened up but I realized you had to be there in person and could not give yours to anyone so I sent them an email asking to be removed and I never got any other info so I assume they took me off. :) Now, had this taken place in FL I would have hopped my happy behind in the car and drove the 9 hours down there for them but I could swing the flight, hotel and tickets to do Cali so I knew that was out of the question. I had somebody lined up to help but they did not get groups 1 or 2 either so I will be in crazy search of the Doorknob and Frame Set! I want pretty much all the others as well so I am already trying to set up some pre-trades where I can but nothing finalized yet at all. Oh the fun I will have trying to get my hands on these pins.

WHY OH WHY must I collect Alice??!!

I feel like I need to be heading to the nut house---- see sig below! LOL

No frames on eBay yet... I really dread waiting to see what they'll go for! :anxious:
haha I checked that too,no frame but the statue with pin is up for buy it now 149.99 already D: I'm sure a few frames will trickle in as people come home and check their emails >_<
My guess,
$450
Title-RARE AUTOGRAPHED ALICE FRAME SET
Subtitle-presold out,rare chance!

:lol:

Exactly :( plus, I'd imagine that unfortunately we'll end up competing against each other (those of us that didn't get group 1 spots, that is... Or any group, for that matter!)

Exactly :( plus, I'd imagine that unfortunately we'll end up competing against each other (those of us that didn't get group 1 spots, that is... Or any group, for that matter!)
definitely,this is actually why i think we haven't seen a frame up yet,all the ebayers are waiting to see what another seller would list it as,and don't wanna list it too low.

If you look for alice pins and change it so it shows newly listed first,you'll see a seller has the logo pin for 39.99 (geez!),in the description they mention they got Wave-1 RSPs,so I expect they'll be listing a frame soon.

I also swear the hatter hat statue+pin was buy now 149.99,but now it's buy now 175.99
Though a few spots down someone has it listed buy-now for 99.99 lol

My job is not the fastest at responding to requests off. I said if I could give away my reservations I WOULD. But I can't. So don't get mad at ME, get mad at DISNEY for not allowing me to retract my reservation, as I would have done so already. This is seriously nothing worth getting mad at someone personally over. None of this is my fault what-so-ever. So stop blaming me. You act as if I did this on purpose. Well, I didn't.

I meant it might work out for the better, as in maybe going. We are both working to try to get the day covered to go.

Kinda sucks I'm getting attacked over something that's not even in my control. and for over a little "lol".

I'm sorry for you! I mean, people, this is dumb you're attacking this person for not being able to make it. Jesus, leave em alone. Y'all should be happy there will be a guaranteed 2 extra sets out there! Life happens! But, as I've expressed before, situations like this wouldn't happen if Disney would go back to the old line up system where those who were present would get the pins! I sincerely hope you get to go, and I thought the "lol" was used in an ironic sort of tone. There are now 2 extra sets open for purchase!

Sweet, I pulled Wave 1! I actually don't want anything from this release save the Mystery Boxes, so I'll be offering all my RSP's for pre-sale to offset the cost of admission that day (me and my sad little SoCal pass are going to have to pay to get in the park since it's a Saturday, haha). I'll post a thread some time soon in the Sale forum, with the aim to undercut eBay.

-JD

I'm sorry for you! I mean, people, this is dumb you're attacking this person for not being able to make it. Jesus, leave em alone. Y'all should be happy there will be a guaranteed 2 extra sets out there! Life happens! But, as I've expressed before, situations like this wouldn't happen if Disney would go back to the old line up system where those who were present would get the pins! I sincerely hope you get to go, and I thought the "lol" was used in an ironic sort of tone. There are now 2 extra sets open for purchase!
Personally it's that the person was irresponsible in even entering before they knew they were committed to going

Sure there are now 2 extra sets open,but I'm sure the members here who have to travel long distances/book flights&hotels would much rather have been able to get one of the 2 Wave-1 RSPs instead of deciding if they wanna take the long trip on a risk~
I agree wholeheartedly on just turning it back to lineup though,cause I had fun doing em,hectic and chaotic as they could be

I think all of you that are ganging up on Patronus are completely out of line. She signed up and can't go, so what? How many other people signed up not knowing if they could go. I think the bigger problem is not people who signed up and can't go, is the people who signed up for the sole purpose of selling their pins to people who knew they never had a chance of going, or people who didn't get in. It sickens me that some people are going not because they love Alice but because they have no problems taking advantage of others.

It also bothers me that even though there were enough pins so that all 500 people could get at least half of the pins, Disney decided to let 250 purchase multiples instead of letting everyone who was invited to the event to get at least one. Disney once again has put very little thought into making their guests happy because plenty of people are upset that they are being excluded from purchase more pins, but I'm sure no one would complain if they were allowed to purchase one more pin so that someone else could at least have the chance of getting one for their own collection.

I think all of you that are ganging up on Patronus are completely out of line. She signed up and can't go, so what? How many other people signed up not knowing if they could go. I think the bigger problem is not people who signed up and can't go, is the people who signed up for the sole purpose of selling their pins to people who knew they never had a chance of going, or people who didn't get in. It sickens me that some people are going not because they love Alice but because they have no problems taking advantage of others.

It also bothers me that even though there were enough pins so that all 500 people could get at least half of the pins, Disney decided to let 250 purchase multiples instead of letting everyone who was invited to the event to get at least one. Disney once again has put very little thought into making their guests happy because plenty of people are upset that they are being excluded from purchase more pins, but I'm sure no one would complain if they were allowed to purchase one more pin so that someone else could at least have the chance of getting one for their own collection.

I'll repeat one more time,in MY opinion it was irresponsible to enter before knowing if one could go.There was a 2 week entry period,no bonus or penalty for registering when it opened or waiting to register
And in MY opinion it's rude to even post that you got 2 of what everyone here is dying to get,just to say you're not gonna go get em.Better to not have said it at all,whats the point in mentioning it?

The 2nd part is a good point,they did at least limit the frame and statue/pin,I'm guessing they allow multiples to encourage trading,which can encourage people to buy more pins to trade for 1 alice pin,most likely netting Disney more $$$

I too am sickened with the people going just for the sole purpose of reaming those who cant go's wallets.The statue w/pin is already on ebay for 175 and the Jumbo doorknob for 100 :( Despise people like that

Kyuubee, I think you're absolutely right, everything Disney does is to make the more money, but let's face it in this situation most Alice collectors are not going to trade for non Alice pins so trading for these pins will be much harder. I also think that profiting from others misfortune by selling the pins that you're not even interested in is villainous, but it seems that a great many people who trade have no problems doing so.

As for Patronus, yes she probably shouldn't have mentioned it, a mistake was made and she apologized, no need to ream her over the coals. It's not like the pins are no longer available, they are now a free for all and it means that those that didn't get in have at least a small chance of going home with something instead of nothing. There is no saying whether her getting into group 1 and not going would have any affect on the people who got into group 1. I know others signed up who can't go, who could never go and they might have ended up in group 1 as well, so it only benefits all of those people who are in group 3, 4 or not at all.

but let's face it in this situation most Alice collectors are not going to trade for non Alice pins so trading for these pins will be much harder.

I wouldn't say that is exactly true. I am planinng on trading any extras I may get for pins I want on my wants list and I collect other characters besides Alice in Wonderland like Tinker Bell, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.

Last edited:
I know others signed up who can't go, who could never go and they might have ended up in group 1 as well, so it only benefits all of those people who are in group 3, 4 or not at all.

Actually, anyone that got selected and doesn't go benefits the people in line. If something is left over from group 1 it doesn't fall to group 2. It gets released along with all the other unsold pins at 1PM.

Actually, anyone that got selected and doesn't go benefits the people in line. If something is left over from group 1 it doesn't fall to group 2. It gets released along with all the other unsold pins at 1PM.

Yup,any no-show pins get put to the 2nd chance lines stockpile,since there's no way to know if the person will show up at 12:59 and get their pins

I realize that all of the unclaimed pins go to the line, but the people in groups 3 and 4 also have the right to get in the overage line as well, while group 1 and 2 can no longer purchase additional pins, or at least that's what my confirmation says.

I realize that all of the unclaimed pins go to the line, but the people in groups 3 and 4 also have the right to get in the overage line as well, while group 1 and 2 can no longer purchase additional pins, or at least that's what my confirmation says.

Actually, it says on every tier's e-mail confirmation that no one who got a wristband can buy more pins from the store that day, not just tiers 1 and 2.

Reason I know is because I got tier 1 and my mom got tier 4 and they both say the same things in the e-mails which is -

"At 1:00 p.m. any remaining pins will be available for purchase at the designated merchandise location by persons who have not previously purchased the pin(s) on the day of release."

Last edited:
And I said most. Most of the traders I've dealt with have only wanted Alice for Alice, but nothing is ever 100%. For now though I shall not worry what I might get in the free for all, instead I shall attempt sleep. I have a plane ticket but no other arrangements so I need to take care of that tomorrow and if I don't get to sleep I won't be able to wake up. I hope everything finds a way of working itself out for everyone.

Ugh, the gouging on eBay is just horrible. It's starting to look like the way Disney set this up, with everyone getting multiples of most items, instead of spreading it out so everyone just can buy ONE of EVERYTHING to further distribute the merchandise, will ultimately benefit the resellers more than it will benefit Disney. In actuality, it shouldn't matter to Disney whether they sell ONE or TWO of an item to a person ... believe me, there is no way these things won't sell out shortly after 1.00 pm, if not before, and their profit margin will be exactly the same, regardless of how the pins are sold.

I think that getting rid of the 'running of the bulls' wristband distribution was a good thing, despite the fact that I NEVER have been lucky enough to have been selected for one through the internet - this time was no exception, unfortunately - and I ALWAYS got a wristband with the 'campout/mad dash' method when I chose to go. The old method was just too chaotic and, quite frankly, with the end of the first DLR POH series, became dangerous with the blocking of city streets and the near riots that ensued (just ask anyone about the AIW POH and HM POH releases).

That being said, congratulations to those who were fortunate enough to be selected to purchase these pins. I dearly wish I could have been one of them, but ... *shrugs* ... it looks like I'm going to have a long chat with guest services in the future to find out if the reason I didn't get selected was because I'm having problems with my account or I just have the worst luck in the world (I didn't even get a wristband for the POH II, and those wristbands never were all distributed, so I should have). Now I have to decide if I want to try my luck with the second chance line on Saturday or just figure out what my time is worth, chances of actually getting them are, and see if I just should buy them on eBay or attempt to trade for what I need for my collection. In any case, I figure that if I'm meant to have these pins, I'll find a way to add them to my collection ... eventually.

Remember they are just pins and not worth stressing over. Pins are supposed to be fun ... and if you are stressing over pins, how are you having fun?

Ugh, the gouging on eBay is just horrible. It's starting to look like the way Disney set this up, with everyone getting multiples of most items, instead of spreading it out so everyone just can buy ONE of EVERYTHING to further distribute the merchandise, will ultimately benefit the resellers more than it will benefit Disney. In actuality, it shouldn't matter to Disney whether they sell ONE or TWO of an item to a person ... believe me, there is no way these things won't sell out shortly after 1.00 pm, if not before, and their profit margin will be exactly the same, regardless of how the pins are sold.

I think that getting rid of the 'running of the bulls' wristband distribution was a good thing, despite the fact that I NEVER have been lucky enough to have been selected for one through the internet - this time was no exception, unfortunately - and I ALWAYS got a wristband with the 'campout/mad dash' method when I chose to go. The old method was just too chaotic and, quite frankly, with the end of the first DLR POH series, became dangerous with the blocking of city streets and the near riots that ensued (just ask anyone about the AIW POH and HM POH releases).

That being said, congratulations to those who were fortunate enough to be selected to purchase these pins. I dearly wish I could have been one of them, but ... *shrugs* ... it looks like I'm going to have a long chat with guest services in the future to find out if the reason I didn't get selected was because I'm having problems with my account or I just have the worst luck in the world (I didn't even get a wristband for the POH II, and those wristbands never were all distributed, so I should have). Now I have to decide if I want to try my luck with the second chance line on Saturday or just figure out what my time is worth, chances of actually getting them are, and see if I just should buy them on eBay or attempt to trade for what I need for my collection. In any case, I figure that if I'm meant to have these pins, I'll find a way to add them to my collection ... eventually.

Remember they are just pins and not worth stressing over. Pins are supposed to be fun ... and if you are stressing over pins, how are you having fun?

Hmmm you may have an issue with your account :(

hehe I loved the chaos!Its so much fun :D But i can see where some people dislike it (and also that for some people it can be unfair due to health issues or even age)

Do you live close enough that it wouldn't be a huge hassle/risk to come down for the 2nd chance?If so I'd say go for it and if you don't succeed then maybe try ebay,unless you see someone post up with fair prices,then snag em before they sell! :D Though what I'm seeing,we wont see any fair prices there...

My wife's already mentioning the chance of issues with the frames or statues or any of the pins...which is a reality :(

Here's hoping no errors or damaged items *glares at the NBC shop-sign frameset with the errored jack*

Actually, it says on every tier's e-mail confirmation that no one who got a wristband can buy more pins from the store that day, not just tiers 1 and 2.

Reason I know is because I got tier 1 and my mom got tier 4 and they both say the same things in the e-mails which is -

"At 1:00 p.m. any remaining pins will be available for purchase at the designated merchandise location by persons who have not previously purchased the pin(s) on the day of release."

The wording is a little open for interpretation,since if you're tier 3&4 you wouldn't have been able to purchase certain pins from earlier.I may be wrong though

And I said most. Most of the traders I've dealt with have only wanted Alice for Alice, but nothing is ever 100%. For now though I shall not worry what I might get in the free for all, instead I shall attempt sleep. I have a plane ticket but no other arrangements so I need to take care of that tomorrow and if I don't get to sleep I won't be able to wake up. I hope everything finds a way of working itself out for everyone.

Sometimes traders will do that,but theres always traders who will trade their alice pins for anything else they like and they feel is a worthy trade. We'd trade our frame off if someone had something we want more tbh :)

Is that actually happening? I get that it's a lower LE, and it's awfully cute, but that's still ridiculous for a $16 pin. I'm not even selling / brokering mine for half of that. @_@

-JD

yup,since we can't post links here,search alice pin then switch it to show newly listed first,you'll see em up there :(

EDIT-they reduced the price...by a whopping $5 lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back