• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event
I need Mystery Boxes (or a set of the ten pins) and maybe the door knob. Anyone???? Please????? Help?????

And I myself am quite sick,and often bedridden or in the ER,but I am going to be making it to this regardless of if I have to tear an IV out of my veins and come in a hospital gown :lol:

Just be sure to tie the gown in the back. Unless you think those in line will be shocked by the site of your bare butt and go running and screaming away. Then you could buy all the pins:)

Oh no, I am in NC. I did register when it first opened up but I realized you had to be there in person and could not give yours to anyone so I sent them an email asking to be removed and I never got any other info so I assume they took me off. :) Now, had this taken place in FL I would have hopped my happy behind in the car and drove the 9 hours down there for them but I could swing the flight, hotel and tickets to do Cali so I knew that was out of the question. I had somebody lined up to help but they did not get groups 1 or 2 either so I will be in crazy search of the Doorknob and Frame Set! I want pretty much all the others as well so I am already trying to set up some pre-trades where I can but nothing finalized yet at all. Oh the fun I will have trying to get my hands on these pins.

WHY OH WHY must I collect Alice??!!

I feel like I need to be heading to the nut house---- see sig below! LOL

I agree with you on Florida, but if this had taken place in FLorida, I would have forced my entire HOA to register so I would be sure of getting the pins and frame. That's 110 people plus who would have to go for me. Being on the Board of Directors helps you make friends and being so close to WDW helps. I'm now just sad, desperate, and a big BEGGAR!!!! CA always get the Alice stuff and we get, well, generalized pins.

There was a post of eBay selling the door knob pin for $99. I sent them and email and told them they were sharks and I hope that something happened to them and they couldn't go. I think it's terrible to see someone take advantage of others in this situation. How cold-hearted and ruthless can some people be? She's a velociraptor who is fast and kills everything in it's path. Too bad she didn't to be extinct too.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a post of eBay selling the door knob pin for $99. I sent them and email and told them they were sharks and I hope that something happened to them and they couldn't go. I think it's terrible to see someone take advantage of others in this situation. How cold-hearted and ruthless can some people be? She's a velociraptor who is fast and kills everything in it's path. Too bad she didn't to be extinct too.

+1
It's just awful to see these eBay sellers completely taking advantage of the situation. That's life though. I feel your pain Margaret.

Yipee! I got group 1, my sister got group 1 and my niece got group 2!! And yes I am flying from Maryland just to be with all of the crazies! I am managing to cobble together southwest points going out, american points coming home and I can't believe I was even able to use DVC points to stay at the GC on Friday night!! All booked today! I look forward to meeting many of you out there! I would like to trade any duplicate mystery pins I get for others I don't get.... Anyone going to be sticking around to trade?? Depending on what I get, I may also be trading extras of some of the pins for mystery pins to complete the set... How about setting up a rendezvous point???

Last edited:
I just hate this. It's the same battle that's been playing out since the beginning. Pin angst. Is it better to have this situation of haves and have nots. The pins will instantly sell out, instantly be worth 2, 3 times original price, or more. Some will say it's like the good old days, and this is great for the future of pin trading. Pins released with instant value.

But ever since we saw the original preview picks, all I've seen is a lot of stressed out pin collectors. And I don't think that is good for the future of pin trading. There is a very fine line in edition sizes where people snatch up everything they can Vs just what they want for their collection. If Disney went too big for the edition size, the speculators would stay home, and then a chunk of the available edition would instantly increase. We'd be complaining they should have made everything more limited. In this case would 750 be too much, 1000...hard to say. I wish that the mystery pins would have been "limited release.". If they sell well, make a second run. A year from now, if they were LE400 Vs LE200 would it really matter?

The other problem with too low of a size, is it cuts into your "available audience." I collect Alice, I would like some of this stuff, but not at these prices. I suspect some of the speculators will be annoyed that they can't move their extras at the price point they want. I wonder how much stuff might be returned right before the deadline. And if that happens, we'll get another round of howling.

I'd rather Disney err on the higher side, and everyone have an opportunity to get the pins they want, with as little stress, and extra cost as possible. Time will take care of value side. If they have enough merchandise to keep on the racks for a month, instead of four hours, a year from now, it will still be a HTF item.

* Posting from the iPad, so there might be all sorts of errors in this post.

Hope, I agree with you. But I'm an Alice collector and I won't be selling or trading any of the pins I manage to get. They are mine until I die and hopefully my granddaughter will love Alice as much as I do. I really hate the sharks and those that take advantage of the situation. I hope they realize that what comes around, goes around and they will get their come-uppance one day.

Wow, after reading this 13 page thread, I'm happy that I'm not a major Alice collector! I hope you all get what you want and that there are no problems with the releases!

Did anyone in Group 3 receive a conflicting email confirmation? I know very well what I am eligible, but I can already hear the complaints of others. Right beneath, "Contragulations ______!", it says "you have been awarded the opportunity to purchase, etc." My email gives the Group 2 description, yet I was awarded Group 3. Further down in the body of the email, it states "Wristbands are limited and entitled bearers ... This is the correct items for Group 3. I'm not complaining, but if Disney doesn't clarify these emails, I'm sure there will be those who will challenge the emails and make things go slower and more frustrating for cast members. A message has been sent to Disney, although I am not certain if they will receive it in time.

Wow, after reading this 13 page thread, I'm happy that I'm not a major Alice collector! I hope you all get what you want and that there are no problems with the releases!

Bet you would be right in there if it was a release of HM or something you collect. We are all collectors of something we consider special.

Bet you would be right in there if it was a release of HM or something you collect. We are all collectors of something we consider special.

You should have seen me at Dizpins during the Haunted Mansion O-Pin House event! These are some pretty spiffy pins, just wish they were easier to come across!

Did anyone in Group 3 receive a conflicting email confirmation? I know very well what I am eligible, but I can already hear the complaints of others. Right beneath, "Contragulations ______!", it says "you have been awarded the opportunity to purchase, etc." My email gives the Group 2 description, yet I was awarded Group 3. Further down in the body of the email, it states "Wristbands are limited and entitled bearers ... This is the correct items for Group 3. I'm not complaining, but if Disney doesn't clarify these emails, I'm sure there will be those who will challenge the emails and make things go slower and more frustrating for cast members. A message has been sent to Disney, although I am not certain if they will receive it in time.

third group of 100 Guests selected can purchase:

- One Alice with Mad Hatter Figurine
- One Tea Party Jumbo pin
- Two of the Logo pins, Cheshire Cat pins, Drink me/Eat me pins, Mystery Collection boxes each.

i found this in the post at the beginning of the blog release for registration,maeblum originally posted it.this is what disney stated band 3 would be able to purchase.but you know disney always covering their butt with subject to change.yes they will get a lot of angry traders if they dont clarify exactly what we are supposed to get.

here is band 1:The first 100 Guests will be selected through a random drawing to have the chance to purchase:

- One 60th Anniversary Framed Set
- One Alice with Mad Hatter Figurine with pin
- Two Logo pins, White Rabbit pocket watch pins, Cheshire Cat pins, Drink me/Eat me pins and Mystery Collection boxes.

and here is group 2:A second group of 50 Guests selected can purchase:
- One Alice with Mad Hatter Figurine
- Two Logo pins, White Rabbit pocket watch pins, Cheshire Cat pins, Drink me/Eat me pins and Mystery Collection boxes.

I would love to know how many people in group 1 have a premium pass. Sounds like a lot of people that got the group 1 and 2 wristbands are blocked. Looks like a good way for Disney to make an extra $40.00 bucks a person. I know you can get 10% off with the deluxe pass and under but premium pass holders get 20% and don't have to pay the $40.00 to get in. Sounds like a lot of premium pass holders were robbed. They have all your info when you register and they know what pass you have or don't have. Clever on Disney's part.

I would love to know how many people in group 1 have a premium pass. Sounds like a lot of people that got the group 1 and 2 wristbands are blocked. Looks like a good way for Disney to make an extra $40.00 bucks a person. I know you can get 10% off with the deluxe pass and under but premium pass holders get 20% and don't have to pay the $40.00 to get in. Sounds like a lot of premium pass holders were robbed. They have all your info when you register and they know what pass you have or don't have. Clever on Disney's part.

Nope, I have a Premium and got group 1...as does the rest of my family who all got group 3 or 4.

I have a Premium Pass and am so grateful to have it, especially for this day! And I for one like the RSP idea. Thank goodness, no more lining up at the crack of dawn or earlier and no line cutters for the most part! It really helps to know what you're getting ahead of time, especially people who are arriving from great distances.

I really am "up the creek" on this one! I thought that one could sign up for the RSP and then have the merchandise mailed to them if they were picked! Ha! For some reason I thought that it was an internest NEW type of event. I emailed event services to explain my confusion, but I'm not holding my breath that they will consent to mailing my wanted stuff out. I live in Masasachusetts, so it's a long shot for me to get to Anaheim! Someday, I hope.... I got a Group 1 too.! Someone will be happy- not me. Boo Hoo!:wavey:

Just be sure to tie the gown in the back. Unless you think those in line will be shocked by the site of your bare butt and go running and screaming away. Then you could buy all the pins:)
haha i keep a set of extra clothes in my car for such occasions :D

yeah it's horrible O_O

So who is going to be waiting for 1PM? I would love to get a group together to cover each others restroom breaks and regulate line jumpers.
if they let us,my wife might,and I next to her though i can't buy anything already.She got the sorry you didn't get picked message and we're trying to get the 10-pin mystery completed that day

Last edited by a moderator:
So who is going to be waiting for 1PM? I would love to get a group together to cover each others restroom breaks and regulate line jumpers.

My mom may try to get some more Mystery Boxes but I am not sure if she is allowed to? She got Tier 4 which entitles her to 2 Mystery Box Sets. I got Tier 1 and so I do not think I am allowed to get into that line for whatever is left over? I am not sure, but all I would want more of if there is any left over is more mystery box sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back