• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event
OK, fine let's agree to end it and move on. Everyone has an opinion and they are like armpits - they all stink. So let's get back to the positive side of things and talk about the excitement.

I'm so excited about the event and hope that Saturday someone will post pictures of the fun, the artist signing and of course, the star of the show - the pins. I will be so nice to see what they really look like instead of the tiny pictures shown. I hope the door knob will live up to my dreams and be just so exciting.

What pin are looking forward to seeing in person the most?

I'm looking the most forward to the framed set! The doorknob being a close second! Almost always I find the pins (especially the HM O-Pin House) look much nicer in person than on the ODPT website.

Sorry I wasn't as clear as I could have been. Many of you got what I was saying.

Online only registrations and buying would allow me or anyone else to sign up as many times as I could find people willing to do so as a favor to me. No need to use fake names, although I've gotten some good ideas from some of the posts here! :lol:

For all that won, I could just pay them to complete online the purchase for me. There would be no limit to the number of entries I could do, other than the number of family and friends I could get to do it for me.

Making people show up at Disneyland with admission and a valid ID makes it harder to get a bunch of people to sign up for you. Getting someone to agree to go down in person to Disney with you to get something they don't care about is harder than asking them to just do something online for you. :lol:

I'm pretty sure many people here signed up their family members and friends that don't even collect pins to improve their chances of getting the pins they wanted.:wavey: And if that family member or friend is willing to go down to Disney and stand in line like everyone else for the wristband and buying the pins, that is fine.

Last edited:
Sorry I wasn't as clear as I could have been. Many of you got what I was saying.

Online only registrations and buying would allow me or anyone else to sign up as many times as I could find people willing to do so as a favor to me. No need to use fake names, although I've gotten some good ideas from some of the posts here! :lol:

For all that won, I could just pay them to complete online the purchase for me. There would be no limit to the number of entries I could do, other than the number of family and friends I could get to do it for me.

Making people show up at Disneyland with admission and a valid ID makes it harder to get a bunch of people to sign up for you. Getting someone to agree to go down in person to Disney with you to get something they don't care about is harder than asking them to just do something online for you. :lol:

I'm pretty sure many people here signed up their family members and friends that don't even collect pins to improve their chances of getting the pins they wanted.:wavey: And if that family member of friend is willing to go down to Disney and stand in line like everyone else for the wristband and buying the pins, that is fine.

Seller's family and friends were common in the very early morning lines for the really popular events (like HM). I would see babys in strollers along with parents & grandparents with multiple framed sets at the LGM exits.

OK, fine let's agree to end it and move on. Everyone has an opinion and they are like armpits - they all stink. So let's get back to the positive side of things and talk about the excitement.

I'm so excited about the event and hope that Saturday someone will post pictures of the fun, the artist signing and of course, the star of the show - the pins. I will be so nice to see what they really look like instead of the tiny pictures shown. I hope the door knob will live up to my dreams and be just so exciting.

What pin are looking forward to seeing in person the most?

Haha if I knew how to post pics here directly from my phone I'd be posting a ton!

Looking forward to the frame and the statue myself

Oh they ARE awesome in person! When I have said I stood drooling for quite some time over them I was NOT kidding...lol

100_9709.jpg

100_9710.jpg

100_9711.jpg

100_9703.jpg

100_9705.jpg

Could not resist sharing them again. :D

Since I seem to have started this concept about allowing people who cannot make it to still purchase the pins, I'd like to say that anyone who would lie, cheat and steal to appease their own greed is not someone I'd like to know and quite frankly I don't want to be a part of a community that those people would be a part of. I've said several times that I have had more negative experiences with pin traders than positive and clearly if pin trading attracts people that are willing to commit fraud just for a couple of pins than I can see why.

On a more positive note, Margaret, the painting I bought is actually not of Alice, it's the Duchess and I'm thinking of getting another one of his paintings, either the Queen of Hearts or the Cheshire Cat. I mostly collect Alice, but occasionally I'll find a painting of another character that strikes my fancy. Most of them are off of ebay, however they are considered "folk art" for the most part and therefore are not exact likenesses of Alice, so if you are looking for Disney's Alice I would suggest finding an artist who can replicate her and just commission them.

I'd also really like to thank eyehahndisney for helping me get the logo and eat me/drink me pins. Thanks so much! Again. Since I was at the mercy of the vultures she was my angel of grace. I hope everyone sends her a high five.

To everyone here who is going saturday,I may not be online today much so I can focus on keeping myself healthy and strong,so I won't be able to do things like ask/arrange meet up spots or get numbers for those who I've talked about trsading with.But you can spot me easily since me and my wife will have something with these cats on them,most likely 2 side pouches on my pants and a backpack,plus I'm 6'4 and in solid black with these kittys tattooed on my neck,and tattoos on my hands

hungry_angry_01_jpg_650x10000_q85.jpg

Look forward to seeing everyone!

You are so very welcome. It was really our pleasure. I think we were able to get you the Logo pin, the Eat Me/Drink Me pin; the Pocket Watch pin and the Cheshire pin. If they stay true to what they showed us at PTN, they will be beautiful (as the previous posters pictures show). Again, glad we could help make your dreams come true!! That's what our hobby is all about.

Since I seem to have started this concept about allowing people who cannot make it to still purchase the pins, I'd like to say that anyone who would lie, cheat and steal to appease their own greed is not someone I'd like to know and quite frankly I don't want to be a part of a community that those people would be a part of. I've said several times that I have had more negative experiences with pin traders than positive and clearly if pin trading attracts people that are willing to commit fraud just for a couple of pins than I can see why.

On a more positive note, Margaret, the painting I bought is actually not of Alice, it's the Duchess and I'm thinking of getting another one of his paintings, either the Queen of Hearts or the Cheshire Cat. I mostly collect Alice, but occasionally I'll find a painting of another character that strikes my fancy. Most of them are off of ebay, however they are considered "folk art" for the most part and therefore are not exact likenesses of Alice, so if you are looking for Disney's Alice I would suggest finding an artist who can replicate her and just commission them.

I'd also really like to thank eyehahndisney for helping me get the logo and eat me/drink me pins. Thanks so much! Again. Since I was at the mercy of the vultures she was my angel of grace. I hope everyone sends her a high five.

Those pictures of the pins are...well...they take my breath away!! They are the most fantastic pins I've ever seen and now I can hardly wait to see them in person. I'm going to be tied to the computer all day tomorrow to see how things are going. Everyone should have a lovely time and remember, if you find the Mystery Pins (not the chasers) I still need them.

I can't stop thinking about those pictures. OMG they are beyond words. The door knob - priceless.

And I have a question. If you look closely at this picture it says the Mystery Pins are LE1000. So shouldn't all the pins in the set be LE1000? Maybe I'm just not getting it, but that's the way I read it. Can someone clear this up for me?
100_9703.jpg

Last edited:
Those pictures of the pins are...well...they take my breath away!! They are the most fantastic pins I've ever seen and now I can hardly wait to see them in person. I'm going to be tied to the computer all day tomorrow to see how things are going. Everyone should have a lovely time and remember, if you find the Mystery Pins (not the chasers) I still need them.

I can't stop thinking about those pictures. OMG they are beyond words. The door knob - priceless.

And I have a question. If you look closely at this picture it says the Mystery Pins are LE1000. So shouldn't all the pins in the set be LE1000? Maybe I'm just not getting it, but that's the way I read it. Can someone clear this up for me?
100_9703.jpg

each box contains 2 mystery pins that are le 200, and there are 10 designs which = out to 1000 boxes.im so excited and worried all at the same time.i was going over my budget and i dont think ill be able to get everything i want.time to call in some early bday gifts hahaha.

each box contains 2 mystery pins that are le 200, and there are 10 designs which = out to 1000 boxes.im so excited and worried all at the same time.i was going over my budget and i dont think ill be able to get everything i want.time to call in some early bday gifts hahaha.

HAHA! ME TOO!! My birthday is in 8 days so maybe I will end up with some extra b-day money from my dad...lol

Kyuubee, I will definitely keep an eye out for you! Would love to meet some folks from the board. I'll be wearing a shirt or sweatshirt depending on the morning weather, that is an old style Haunted Mansion design of Mickey & Goofy riding in a Doombuggy with a green ghost sitting in between them and frightened expressions on their faces. Not too many people still have this design, so I should be easy to spot. And I'll be wearing a black WDI cap that says in big white letters, The Haunted Mansion on the front.

WOW!
Now I understand why you were really on a mission for that Jumbo Doorknob!

That thing is GORGEOUS!
I really hope you ended up securing one for your collection :D

Well, I don't want to say I have it for sure since it is not in my hands but I have pre-bought it...lol I just have to be a nervous wreck waiting on it to arrive safely. I sooo love that pin! :D:D I swore when I walked up and saw it that day that I WOULD have to have it when it was released.

Those pictures just made my day even worse :( Man. I want that doorknob. If anyone can help me, please let me know :( I don't want to pay the outrages prices. Ill buy you a pin for your troubles lol :)

Last edited:
I'm very curious how much everyone has paid for the bigger items, ie, doorknob pin, figurine pin and framed set. If it's not too inappropriate would people care to share? I'd like to know what's a good price to pay since I can't make it and retail is pretty much out of the question for me.

Ruby - In case buyers would rather remain anonymous, I can give you a bit of that info without attaching names to them. I've sold 2 Frames at $325 (one left at that price), 3 Doorknobs at $75 (they all went instantly), and I have no bites on any of the Figurine / Pin pairings I'm brokering at $100 each.

(Just so everybody's clear, the bulk of these aren't mine and I didn't somehow scam multiple RSP's - I'm just brokering for several people).

-JD

Last edited:
Oh that's more than fine. Although I'm sure that not everyone has purchased just on DPF, but I can understand if people want to remain anonymous. Although since some of us can't be there we don't have much of a choice but to pay more.

You might be able to get a good/better price on ebay too. It's always handy to be able to check closed listings - for example, there have been two of the framed sets sell for around $270 (one was $270, one $276). There have also been some sell higher. The rest appear to sell for roughly the same price as here.

I haven't decided if I want the frame set. I've seen it in person and I'm not as thrilled by it like everyone else. I think the pins are poorly designed. I love the background so if someone might want to make a copy of theirs for me I might just make my own framed set. Otherwise I think the pins have a lot to be desired at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back