• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event
I haven't decided if I want the frame set. I've seen it in person and I'm not as thrilled by it like everyone else. I think the pins are poorly designed. I love the background so if someone might want to make a copy of theirs for me I might just make my own framed set. Otherwise I think the pins have a lot to be desired at that price.

im with you on that one i dont care to much for the pins in the frame set,what ireally like is the background.so it would be awesome to get a copy of just that.

I'm very curious how much everyone has paid for the bigger items, ie, doorknob pin, figurine pin and framed set. If it's not too inappropriate would people care to share? I'd like to know what's a good price to pay since I can't make it and retail is pretty much out of the question for me.

I won't post exact figures for everyone to see ;) but I sent you a pm to tell you. Hope it helps. I was watching some last night and saw the Jumbo sell for about $58 and $62. I spent more than that b/c I had no patience so I was kicking myself for not holding out.

There is someone already offering some of the pins from the framed set for trade. So obviously they are planning on taking it apart. Maybe you could make a deal for the frame and background. I've done that and just made my own frames.

I won't post exact figures for everyone to see ;) but I sent you a pm to tell you. Hope it helps. I was watching some last night and saw the Jumbo sell for about $58 and $62. I spent more than that b/c I had no patience so I was kicking myself for not holding out.

The first jumbo sold last night for 58.99, I snagged it!!!!!!. I kept going back and forth about purchasing it for double the money. I finally decided that I might just be kicking myself later for not getting it. Sooo, I decided to go for it and I am sooooo happy that I did. I haven't been this excited about a pin in a long time!!!!!!

I didn't mind that much about paying more for the pins since it sounds like it's going to be a long day for the people waiting in line. By the time I paid for a plane ticket and Disneyland pass, I may have only had enough money for one pin. So it worked out well for me. It really would be nice if my annual pass for Disney World worked in CA though.

I didn't mind that much about paying more for the pins since it sounds like it's going to be a long day for the people waiting in line. By the time I paid for a plane ticket and Disneyland pass, I may have only had enough money for one pin. So it worked out well for me. It really would be nice if my annual pass for Disney World worked in CA though.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm going to Orlando in May, and wishing my pass for DLR would work at WDW. Lol

Actually, there IS a pass that works in both DLR and WDW - it's called the Premier Pass. The pass retails for $700 (plus FL state tax, regardless of whether you buy it in FL or CA), but I'm almost positive that you could upgrade to it from whichever Annual Pass you currently have (you just would pay the price difference). The Premier Pass is at the same level of perks as a Premium Pass for DLR/WDW (you get the maximum discount on merchandise and, at DLR, at restaurants, free parking, etc), but this Pass is accepted at ALL of the parks at BOTH DLR and WDW. The only downsides are you cannot make monthly payments on this pass, you don't get the extra 3 months for renewing it (with a WDW pass, when you renew you get 15 months for the price of 12), and you cannot purchase or renew this pass online or through the mail (it must be renewed/purchased in person, at a park).

Wow $700? That's a lot!

I'm not saying that it isn't a lot of money, but when you consider the price of the two Premium Annual Passes, which is what you are getting in one, it really is worth it (assuming, of course, you plan to visit both DLR and WDW in a year from the date of purchase).

According to the WDW website, a WDW Premium Pass is $669.89 (10 & Over) or $603.86 (3-9). I know that the FL resident rate is cheaper, but I'm not a resident so I can't check that (and I certainly couldn't take advantage of that rate anyway). According to the DLR website, a DLR Premium Pass is $459.00 (10 & Over and 3-9). There are no special rates available to SoCal residents for the DLR Premium Pass. So for anyone outside of Florida to buy both passes for a year, for a child it would cost $1,062.86 (plus tax) or for an adult it would cost $1,128.89 (plus tax). As I said, I'm not a FL resident, so I can't calculate the Florida resident discount on the WDW pass, but I'm pretty sure that when combined with the DLR Premium Pass, it still would come up higher than $700.

So is the Premier Pass expensive? Of course it is. But as I've shown above, it's cheaper than maintaining both the WDW and DLR APs (like I used to). But is it worth the price? For me, it definitely is. But I think this pass only is a good deal if you have a need for an AP to both parks.

I was still half asleep reading this, but after seeing $700 I'm wide awake now haha. Maybe I'll get one if I win the lottery:)

Wee, Just got back from the unevent. Met some fellow DPFers. I got to get everything. The mystery boxes have chasers. I don't really like the chasers as much. So I'm only trying to get the regular set. I'm missing the caterpillar card. ): It was a hectic scramble to trade because they didn't shuffle the boxes so alotta people got repeats.
\

I just got a refund for the pins that someone had offered to buy me with no explanation. Needless to say that there are tears and snot and a lot of why, what's going on. I think I might be done with pins.

Wow! Really, Ruby? If they said they would get them they shouldn't renege on that. It was a bit crazy around there. I left before the 1:00 running of the bulls as it was difficult to do any trading unless you were trading the mystery pins. I was trying to get an extra jumbo for someone and failed miserably at it. They pins really are gorgeous but the sculpture was tiny and way overpriced and I was not impressed by the Jumbo pin. The frame is cool (I may wind up keeping mine) and all the rest, especially the pocketwatch pin are really nice.

I hope your person give you a reason for the refund.

I just got a refund for the pins that someone had offered to buy me with no explanation. Needless to say that there are tears and snot and a lot of why, what's going on. I think I might be done with pins.

That is terrible.

I feel so sorry for you!

Is it somebody on this forum?

You could leave feedback to warn others!!

Martin :)

Just got back from DLR we have extras on everything, except the mystery boxes. We were able to complete almost the whole set of chasers and regular ones. I am looking for the regular Alice mystery, and the Mad Hatter chaser. I am trading everything else,the frame, pocket watch, figurine, Cheshire, Eat me and Drink me, and the Alice pin. Take a look at our wants if you are interested. Jackandalice on Pinpics. Heading back to DLr in a few to ride some rides, I wil reply to all PM's when we get back.

I was about 3/5 the way back from the start of the second chance line and could have gotten everything. I ended up passing on the sculpture, but I got everything else. About 10 minutes after I paid, I heard someone say they got the last frame set.

I have two extra Walrus/Oyster mystery pins. I had to get to work and just opened my boxes. I am looking to trade for Caterpillar, Queen, King, Tweedles or Cheshire. If anyone is interested in helping me out that would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back