• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event
You thought the least they could do was get Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum to make an appearance!

I don't understand why they don't send the characters out during the events. I am I right in thinking that Duffy didn't even make an apearance at teh Love is Magical event!

Baffling.

Martin :)

Not really, if you know how Disney operates. Each division is separate, and when one division uses something from another division, they are charged the same way anyone would be. So Merchandise & Special Events would have to hire a character to come, at the going rate and subtract that from their "profit." Or they have X amount for "overhead" and after labor costs, organizing the RSP, wristband distribution, extra security, there is nothing left for hiring characters. We see Disney as being one big group, so why wouldn't one part help another part? But the internal measurements at "success" have everyone in competition with each other, and no one willing to "help" anyone else, because if you help, you are probably only hurting your bottom line, or if they look good, everyone else looks bad, etc.

So yes, baffling :)

Not really, if you know how Disney operates. Each division is separate, and when one division uses something from another division, they are charged the same way anyone would be. So Merchandise & Special Events would have to hire a character to come, at the going rate and subtract that from their "profit." Or they have X amount for "overhead" and after labor costs, organizing the RSP, wristband distribution, extra security, there is nothing left for hiring characters. We see Disney as being one big group, so why wouldn't one part help another part? But the internal measurements at "success" have everyone in competition with each other, and no one willing to "help" anyone else, because if you help, you are probably only hurting your bottom line, or if they look good, everyone else looks bad, etc.

So yes, baffling :)

Yes, one of the more frustrating parts of corporations. We have the same problems with our IT organization. They are there to support us but if we want to make improvements we have to pay for it. And if in the process of making those improvements they break something else...we have to pay for that to! Gotta love it! :)

As I entered the park to get my pins around 8:00am, I noticed in front of the train station on the entrance/turnstile side, were Alice & the Mad Hatter and in town square was the queen! I wonder if that was delibrate or not. Paula, thanks for posting those photos!

Last edited:
Alice, the Mad Hatter and the Queen are out every morning between 8:00 to about 10:30 on and off. They dance and sing with the band in the very front of the park. They come down Main Street on the car that goes up and down Main Street. The White Rabbit takes pictures and signs autograph books in front of the emporium as well.​

Yep. I've been swing the white rabbit and the tweedles as well. The tweedles are entertaining. But I have never seethe white rabbit queen or tweedles up til the end of march. Last time I saw the queen was halloween I believe.

i actually saw the red queen a few weeks ago...but that was a rare spotting. LOL and yes, alice and the mad hatter were in the entrance plaza just after you enter the park turnstiles on Saturday morning around 8 am. they usually are also in the food court area by the Coke Refreshment Corner, where they do a game of musical chairs in the early afternoon. peter pan was helping them this last sunday!

Alice also visits the infirmary. I've had a few days were I've needed to lie down and she's come in. My favorite visit, considering the circumstances, we sat on the floor and one of the CMs or managers I guess told us a story and then I got my picture taken with Alice. So I am a little partial as to which Alice is better.

I think it's great that some of you have such friendly postmen, who like to play with you, my old postman was, well he was not nice and really didn't care in what condition he delivered my mail, but it must be great to have one who takes such care. It reminds me of old 60s family sitcoms.

I am curious...for those that couldn't make it, how successful have you been in acquiring the pins? And have they been through trade or purchase?

I have not been able to trade for a single pin. I pre-purchased the jumbo through ebay and I have not yet received it, needless to say, I'm a bit worried about that. I purchased the eat me drink me through the boards. If all goes as planned I will be purchasing the Logo pin and the Cheshire pin through a kind soul on the boards who is willing to sell them to me at cost. As for the mystery set, I plan on waiting to see if the prices drop.

I have everything except the Mystery pins in my hot little hands and the frame is just spectacular. It is so much better in person. No photos are going to do it justice. It's very, well.....Alice. The doorknob is JUMBO and so well done. All the pins are so nice, well made and the designs were carefully thought out to provide a good art piece. They were worth every single penny and I have no regrets. Now if I can just find those Mystery pins:)

Margaret, I couldn't agree with you more! All the Alice pins are soooo beautiful, especially the frame set! They all look so much nicer in person than on the website! Glad you found most of them!

Just an FYI, I was at DLR last night, and would you believe it, Little Green Men Store Command still has 5 Mad Hatter figurines left!! But that is all.

Is anyone willing to pick one up? I would really love to have one, but cannot even really afford the retail, let alone the eBay price.

MaeBlum08, I would've been glad to pick one up for you, but not sure when I'm going back to DLR and by the time you sent the money to me to buy it with, they could be gone. If I were you I'd call Disneydelivears today or by tomorrow to ensure getting one in time, unless there's someone else out there who lives closer to the park that could get one for you sooner.

Just an FYI that I also replied on the pins for sale page, DLR's LGMSC does still have 3 or 4 Mad Hatter figures left now. Last week, they were gone as I stated on my sale posting, but now, along with my extra that I just returned yesterday (after a bit of wrangling back & forth with LGMSC and City Hall) they now have them back in stock! (When I was at the park on Sunday May 22nd, a CM in LGMSC had told me I could still return my Mad Hatter figure even though the return policy had just changed, as long as I purchased the figure before the policy change took effect, so I brought it in yesterday and another CM says no, sorry I can't return it because it's a LE item which the previous CM failed to state. The CM was trying to be helpful by calling his lead, but the lead said no. So I took a little stroll over to city hall and explained the story and they were so helpful! They got the head merchandise manager to ok the refund! After I got my money back, I couldn't resist stopping in back at LGMSC and letting that same CM know that I got some help at city hall and got my refund. He was happy for me. I know he was only the messenger.

Last edited:
Just an FYI that I also replied on the pins for sale page, DLR's LGMSC does still have 3 or 4 Mad Hatter figures left now. Last week, they were gone as I stated on my sale posting, but now, along with my extra that I just returned yesterday (after a bit of wrangling back & forth with LGMSC and City Hall) they now have them back in stock! (When I was at the park on Sunday May 22nd, a CM in LGMSC had told me I could still return my Mad Hatter figure even though the return policy had just changed, as long as I purchased the figure before the policy change took effect, so I brought it in yesterday and another CM says no, sorry I can't return it because it's a LE item which the previous CM failed to state. The CM was trying to be helpful by calling his lead, but the lead said no. So I took a little stroll over to city hall and explained the story and they were so helpful! They got the head merchandise manager to ok the refund! After I got my money back, I couldn't resist stopping in back at LGMSC and letting that same CM know that I got some help at city hall and got my refund. He was happy for me. I know he was only the messenger.

Wow, that's interesting.... Does anyone know what the policy was before and what it is now? Sounds like they are tired of ebay sellers buying everything up and then bringing it back when they can't unload it.

I'm not an ebay seller. I had bought the figure to resell at my cost to a forum member who then backed out, then couldn't sell it to someone else on the forum, so just FYI, that's why I returned it. The policy used to be you could return within 90 days of purchase. Now it's 30 days.

I'm not an ebay seller. I had bought the figure to resell at my cost to a forum member who then backed out, then couldn't sell it to someone else on the forum, so just FYI, that's why I returned it. The policy used to be you could return within 90 days of purchase. Now it's 30 days.

I didn't think you were. Just asking about the return policy....

You mentioned something about it being LE in the return policy??? What do the policies (old and new) say in regards to LE items???

The policy for the past four years plus has been 30 days on pins. This has a pin inside therefore it should be 30 days. 90 days is regular merchandise. The actual receipt reads We will gladly accept returns on merchandise that does not completely satisfy you with 90 days of the date of purchase except as noted in the special products and exceptions section
special exceptions are as is or all sales final
reproduced art,collectible merchandise (including without limitation,collectible beanbag plush),memorabila merchandise,merchandise purchased at disney's vault 28,and the trading pins in the original,unopened packaging and accompanied by the original sales receipt may be returned or exchanged within 30 days of purchase.

This is a limited edition pin that is inside and it is limited edition memorabilia.
Not to hard to figure that out if you got away with returning after 30 days maybe we all can. It states it right on the receipt.
Disney magic at it's best. Policies only apply to some.

Last edited:
Oh..... this: "sorry I can't return it because it's a LE item which the previous CM failed to state" made me think there was something in there that you couldn't return an LE item or something...guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back