• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice in Disneyland (Wonderland) event
That's funny! I didn't even read the receipt. Just asked a CM in LGMSC if I could return it and he said yes, then a week later a different CM called his lead manager and said I couldn't. I guess that's why I got 2 different answers. At any rate, I'm just happy they wanted to please me after being given conflicting info and driving over to return it. Not that I wasn't going to the park anyway, but still, I was being told 2 different answers to my question. I was very happy the way I was treated at city hall. And the head merchandise manager also was very nice and helpful.

Last edited:
I love seeing this thread on the first page of the Discussion board. It reminds me of how excited we were for the event, the fun we had at the event, and all the awesome pins we got. :) Whenever I see it, it gives me a jump of excitement and I always think its going to have some crazy news about another surprise event (that's me dreaming). Anyway, just thought I would share. :)

Snazzybowtie, I know exactly what you mean! I had sooo much fun getting all these cool pins at the April 2nd event and meeting fellow forum members! And the RSP made it so much easier! I'm glad I could help out a few members obtain some of these pins at cost. I'm kind of surprised I couldn't resell my extra Hatter figure, but at least DLR took it back for me. And erudolf, sorry if I sounded defensive about the Ebay seller statement. I wasn't trying to be. I just wanted to make sure fellow members knew I had good intentions all along to resell it to another member at cost and not for profit on Ebay. I really enjoy helping the pin collectors out when I can. Glad you all had fun at the event!

Today being the one year anniversary of the Alice in Wonderland event at DLR on April 2nd, 2011, I thought I'd bump up this post in celebration! Does everyone still have their Alice pins that they bought or traded at the event? I still have mine and I see them every night before bed as I have them all on a shelf display along with the framed set on the wall above. I love that framed set! And I so enjoyed meeting some DPF members at the event! It was a glorious day! Any reflective thoughts from anyone on that day?

Actually I have to think about the event as I am still looking for the Spade Card Chaser on original backing card.

Any help?

I hope they did a Cars event with the email thing for pins that people actually wanted. Always remember when your in the underground dungeon. Hmmm, newbies have no idea where that is in DLR. Does that mean I'm getting old.

Today being the one year anniversary of the Alice in Wonderland event at DLR on April 2nd, 2011, I thought I'd bump up this post in celebration! Does everyone still have their Alice pins that they bought or traded at the event? I still have mine and I see them every night before bed as I have them all on a shelf display along with the framed set on the wall above. I love that framed set! And I so enjoyed meeting some DPF members at the event! It was a glorious day! Any reflective thoughts from anyone on that day?

I just wish I had bought more Mystery Box Sets :lol:

I just wish I had bought more Mystery Box Sets :lol:

And after the fact that they still had boxes at 6 p.m. I was in the park until 8 but thought all were sold due to no one getting anymore after the wristbands. I was lucky enough to get 6 boxes and all had the chasers that I inturn finished my first set. I still need the Spade Chaser.

I'm still trying to find two of the chasers from that set. Hopefully someone will have them in September at the event.

I have a story to share, and some of you have heard it already. I came from TX for the release. My "RSP" didn't qualify me for the pocketwatch, and I was having trouble trading for it....Fast forward to the Sept Epcot FL Project Event. Guess what I pulled off the trade board: the pocketwatch and an AP to boot...woo eee...loved it!! :)

I have a question for all of you out there. Do you think these pins have held their value after 1 year? Are there some still really pricey and hard-to-get? Can you get most of them now on eBay for what they cost a year ago (or close to it)? I'm just wondering as I don't follow AiW very closely.

It's like most of the event pins...They get very expensive quick, then they bottom out at near cost, followed by an upswing to a stable value...Yes, I eBay way too much, lol. You'll see them swing back up in value soon, so if you are watching one you might want to grab it before you regret not picking it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back