• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice in Wonderland Pocket Watch Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice in Wonderland Pocket Watch Series

rubyslipperedgoddess

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Last week I purchased a few of the harder to find pins from this series, for what was not a small amount of money. I knew when I bid on them that there was an overwhelming amount of scrappers/counterfiets from this series, but the seller had a 100% feedback with nearly 40,000 references. Although I've often wondered how he has so many LE pins to sell. Anyway, I won the 4 auctions. However when I opened the package today it was apparent that at least one of them was a fake. The March Hare has a white nose, when it should be a reddish pink color. So that leaves me wondering if the others are fake as well, just better fakes.

I will post pictures a little later, but I was hoping that those of you that are well skilled in the identification of scrappers might help me out. If you could post whatever it is I should be looking for, ie bad coloring, amount of posts, pin detail, pictures would be great. Anything that will help me determine their authenticity.

I have amassed quite a few scrappers from this series for my own purposes, but those all came off of lanyards. Unfortunately none of the ones I have are the same as the ones I purchased on ebay. I also didn't pay anything for them and I'm not willing to spend the money I did on fakes. So any help I can get would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Yes I am talking about the Alice in Wonderland HM/Lanyard Pocket Watch series. And I have seen the greed haired Alices, she does not have green hair. In fact they are quite nice except for the March Hare, however if one is a face what are the odds that he's the only one. So if there is anyone who has what there pretty sure is a real set, I'd love your feedback.

I got my set quite a long time ago and I'm pretty sure that it's a real set. The thing is, because I got my set so long ago, I haven't been hunting for these pins since they became scrapped so badly and, offhand, I couldn't tell you which characteristics would define a legitimate or a problematic pin in this series. When I was trading for any of these pins (and the last time I did, many years ago), I would just compare them to one of the pins in my collection set and see how they matched up instead of looking for various pin traits that would indicate legitimacy (or lack thereof).

Please post pictures of the pins you have acquired and I will do my best to compare them to my set and let you know what I think. Or, if you want, I could take pictures of my pins with my iPhone and email them to you. I know this is a frustrating situaiton to be in and I'll do my best to help you; just let me know what you would like to do. :)

dancecats, if you can take good pics please post them here. I'd like to see the real ones as well. Thanks.

I would like to see good pictures as well. My first group, I think is good, since I was able to visit and collect them myself. The 2nd series, I think they are all scrappers.

I remember the second set was scrapped heavily. The scrappers were much brighter than the originals. I do have all 12 up on a board but they are not easily gotten to. If you post pictures I can tell you for sure if they are good or not. In the actual pin the second set is a brighter yellow than the first. The scrappers however were incredibly bright and could be easily discerned from the originals.

If anyone could post picture of the real ones, front and back that would be awesome. I'll take pictures of mine, but if they're fakes they're good ones and I think that people might not be able to tell as they look pretty close to the pictures on pinpics, but as I said in my original post the March Hare is for sure a fake as its nose it white, so it makes me think that if one is a fake then they all are probably fakes, because other than the white nose he looks just as good as the other 3.

Okay, I'll work on trying to get some good pictures taken and posted. It may take a couple of days, though, but I'll try to get it done.

Does anyone know if I can post pictures directly from an iPhone (assuming I can get good pictures with it) or if I need to upload the pictures to something like a photobucket account first and post from there?

Does anyone know if I can post pictures directly from an iPhone (assuming I can get good pictures with it) or if I need to upload the pictures to something like a photobucket account first and post from there?
Unfortunately, pictures cannot be inserted into posts directly from mobile devices. :hs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back