• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice keyhole ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice keyhole ?

disneyfreak619

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Hey everyone am I just paranoid or what. I was bidding on a Alice Keyhole pin in the UK and I lost , but the seller (who has 100% feedback) gave me a second chance offer. On the bidding history I was like in 4th or 5th place so I dont know if they just have a lot of them for sale or what but I also noticed another UK seller with 2 for sale so I dont know if theres fakes going around . Has anyone herd of any fakes for this pin ? Do you guys think its worth buying it is one of my grails but I dont have money to just through away.Im torn on what to do and need some opinions .

I did message them about it I just heard back they say they had 2 and the one they would send me is a pp in black metal tell me what you guys think . Also a friend told me to stay away from the sellers that keep what they sold private which this seller does but its hard to pass up the grail .

Last edited:
There has been a small alert on fakes of this pin. Basically what I have heard is that there were pins that were made and then supposed to be thrown away, but people got a hold of them. Which means there are some pins that look authentic and were probably made in the same factory, but were not part of the actual shipment send to be sold. However there is some discrepancy on this, since there has not been a flood of people trading them on PinPics.

I don't know much about this pin's PP, but I do know that you can buy, usually for around $70, a set of 3 PP (I think its PP and not AP) pins from disneyshopping.com that have the 3 different metal colors, black being one of those. When you buy that you don't know what you are getting, so its possible that this person got 3 of these pins, all different colors, and is selling 2 of them. I'm not sure whether they come on backer card with the PP set, so that may be a question for another person.

Where is the person selling from? If its China then I would say don't take it, but if its America I think you can probably go with it. Can you return it?

I believe the sellers uses his own photos rather than use pin pics photo( he has on the pin I won) so take a good look :)

Lol, I was watching that very same auction and thinking the same thing! This seller has sold this exact same pin before. I know because I've always had it on my Watch list when it pops up, but it always ends up going higher than I want to pay. This time around I decided to take it off my Wants completely. I hope it turns out to be genuine for you. :)

I have seen the alice keyhole pin many times on UK Ebay, and have always assumed they were fakes. I also avoid private auctions, as another member mentioned. Its all very well that the Ebay seller accepts returns, but its a right headache when you receive the pin and try to decide whether its authentic. You then have to have a very good argument to warrant returning, and in some instances the seller can get nasty. Of course you also then have to foot the expense of returning the pin. I just avoid an auction if in doubt.

Oh ... oh .. this worries me.

I have received a second chance offer from the same seller for the Tink keyhole pin and accepted it, but I have not paid for them yet.

It is looking a bit fishy that 3 of us got sceond chance offers from this person, but you never know.

More opinions, please more opinions ...

I guess i should have waited till this morning I didnt think anyone was going to answer . I just got impatient and payed for it , oh well i might just keep it anyway till i can get a real one . Depends how bad it looks . Ill post pics when it comes .

If you guys pardon my ignorance, what does PP stand for? The pictures this seller put for his/her auctions look good to me, but the back of the pin is not shown.

In my case the seller told me the extra one she was going to send me was a PP pin (pre-production) not the one in the pic . Im not sure if its the same in your case .

One comforting fact is that he offers to take them back and re-imburs for return postage as well.

He is either very honest or banks on the fact that for these rare pins people would not easily have 2 pins side by side for comparison.

Oh well ....

Anthony and Samantha

Just replied to your email.

The pins I got from this seller were genuine. But on Ebay UK their feedback is open, it is not private. I wonder if its private to USA members?

I have emailed this lady last week as I was enquiring about some pins and she seems genuine. She has been collecting for more than 10 years.

Her fb shows, but the items in her fb shows as private. That way, id she sold multiples of the same rare pin, you can not see it. Otherwise, buyers would be suspicious to see that she sold 10 of an LE 250 pin in about 1 month.

I was also suspicous of another US based seller who sold 3-4 of [pinpics]57574[/pinpics] and she is not even near the parks or anything, so you can not justify it by pin trading nights, etc.

Anthony and Samantha

Just replied to your email.

The pins I got from this seller were genuine. But on Ebay UK their feedback is open, it is not private. I wonder if its private to USA members?

I have emailed this lady last week as I was enquiring about some pins and she seems genuine. She has been collecting for more than 10 years.
thank you the seller i emailed you about is a different one the one me and merryweather are talking about here it is another UK seller but a different one

Ok I just got the pin in today here are the pics tell me what you guys think its supposed to be a PP black metal Alice Keyhole need some opinions
104_0867-1.jpg
104_0869-1-2.jpg

Is there a PP stamp?? I don't know if they have them, that would be a question for people that have bought the PP sets from ds.com, but I would assume they would have them. It looks fine to me. Is that black metal?

It doesnt have a PP stamp but I was told that PP pins dont always have a stamp . It does appear to be black metal although I have a different pin thats an AP black metal and this alice one seams to be blacker than the other pin I have . Around the edges the black looks like it has like almost a rainbow effect . Really it almost looks like it was gold pin and someone tryed to make it a black pin but im not sure why they would do that . Everything looks good the waffles , the stamp , the color other than the black , it all looks ok to me , thats why Im asking for opinions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back