• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)

rabbitunderground

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good afternoon.

before you say anything about it being early to make this thread, i know.
trust me, it's nowhere near may but i am just so excited. i love alice in wonderland and always take advantage of an opportunity to go to a themed-like place or buy something that would make me feel like i'm in that world. so excuse my enthusiasm. hopefully other members are just as excited as i am that we can talk about the upcoming release of this movie. it's also been a while since i posted a thread so what better topic than something i'm passionate about?

i actually loved the first film and even though i'm not a huge fan of tim burton's work, i really enjoyed watching it. from what i can remember, it received mixed reviews. this one is getting a lot of buzz too, some of it being anxiety over how they will pull off the looking glass story since the 2010 film was a combination of both.

a little too early for merchandise, but i will try to post info about any looking glass merchandise as it becomes available.

we have the trailer though and a history of merchandise from the first movie so it will be interesting what they do this time around.

the trailer is so colorful and vivid. this is going to be amazing.

[video=youtube;OiEG3Zr_Jxs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiEG3Zr_Jxs[/video]

so i invite you to chat about the first little glimpses that we have of the movie and any other thoughts you might have.

Last edited:
a look at alice's seemingly main outfit in the movie. really colorful and interesting designs.

tumblr_nxcqnqVXAo1spmw8po9_400.gif

tumblr_nxco7dBbf41tpswxfo2_540.gif

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

I've been a fan of both books since I was a child, and I've always liked Through the Looking Glass better, and it has never seemed to get as much love in popular media (although the Disney animated movie did mix together things from both books.)

I liked the first Burton film a lot, in part because it wasn't trying to be a retelling; it was trying to be a "what if she went back" and a "what if the world wasn't quite as she remembered it". I like that because it's neither a remake nor a reboot nor a sequel.

I can't wait to see what they do with it!

I'm very excited and thanks for the trailer, I hadn't seen it. I'm sure I'll buy a good deal of merchandise for the movie, but I hope they don't try to make the dolls looks too much like the actors as I don't think Disney always translate them that well (I have Cinderella and I still think she's a bit off). Tonner did a fairly decent job with the last Alice movie, but somehow The White Queen's sculpt always seemed a little unappealing to me. I don't know... I liked the dress. I'm still excited to see what merchandise comes and very excited to see the movie. I think it looks really good.

Graphics look gorgeous! I didn't even know this movie was being worked on until now, or if I did I don't remember knowing about it!

Definitely going to see it in theaters when the time comes!

Thank you very much, the trailer gave me goosebumps! I am excited and will probably buy every doll they make for this one. Fingers crossed for a Hatter doll! (how could they not?)

I cannot wait!! I remember going to the theater for the first movie and loving it!! Feels like it was yesterday, need I say more I bought everything for it!! So excited!! :cheshire:

Thanks for posting, I'm so excited for this! I love how eccentric Johnny Depp is in this (and most of his roles) and then he's so, so mellow in real life haha.

Wow-the trailer was great! :D I'm pretty excited about this movie too. I haven't seen the first one yet though, so I'll have to watch it sometime before May.

:cheshire:

As a fan of the book since childhood, I can't wait for this film. The 2010 film is one of my favorite, being a Tim Burton fan. But as someone said up thread, it's not a straight retelling. It is "what if....." and I adore that. This looks impressive, oh the mech ideas.

We are so getting dolls for this movie

I sure hope we do!! I think they could be amazing. I hope for the regular 12inch dolls and either an Alice or Hatter 17 inch LE Dolls both would be great!! As for the movie itself I think it looks great i liked the first film but have not seen it in a while. I am going to have to revisit it as I don't remember loving it again i did like it though

AWESOME posters! I don't know much about the story so I can't wait to find out what the glowing gold sphere is!

I would love to have a 17 alice, mad hatter and white Queen just because i love her dress so much white and pure. i wonder what kind of background they would use if they would make the dolls :eek:

I also would love Alice and the White Queen dolls, I wished for Alice in armour from the last film. As for the backgrounds The Mad Hatter should be the tea party but of course alot depends on the new film.

Any news on when we came left to see the merch for the movie? I don't remember seeing much when they made the first one, I hope they make loads of stuff this time around. I loved all the Cinderella merch, fingers crossed its as nice as that!

In the realm of "officially licensed but not produced by Disney," OPI is devoting their late spring capsule collection to Through the Looking-Glass. Here's a pic of the polish swatches and a link to a blog post about the collection:

alice.JPG

Blog post: http://www.nailedblog.com/2016/01/opi-alice-through-looking-glass-brights.html

The collaboration for the first live-action Alice was much smaller (four colors) but included two of OPI's greatest polishes ever (Absolutely Alice and Mad as a Hatter). These don't look as exciting, but I'm sure I'll pick up a couple "just 'cuz."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back