• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)
amm3, I have to say it's hard not to let in all the hate from the critics. I left the theatre totally in love and then read up on the reviews. All that love faded until I stepped back and remembered everything that resonated with me while I was watching.

It's amazing--and sad--what an impact cynicism can have. Try to go into it with an open mind and to be entertained. There really is a lot to love about the movie. It's definitely a far cry from Lewis Carol's Wonderland, though, I'll give it that.

staykawaii, do LE dolls ever go on sale? I know for sure the Merida and Eleanor set never did and they took MONTHS to sell. I can't remember if prince Phillip did or not, but he was probably about as slow a seller as Brave.

I'm just waiting for the OE merch to go on sale! Or st least another F&F day. I want most of the collection but I'm too broke after this LE release :(
I know the designer sets did, I got the Tiana set for I believe 25% off or maybe more... I just remember going to my local store and not believing it was still there and when I asked they said it was on sale.

And I want to say Phillip went on sale at one point, but I could be wrong. He lasted months after release as well. I know sometimes if they're slow sellers they'll include them in sales. But these dolls are definitely slow sellers.

So I watched the movie yesterday. I didn't think it was a very good movie. I thought some of the plot points were terrible, and the performances of some of the actors really gave the impression that most people on the production really didn't want to make it. And yet despite that, I actually found myself enjoying it more than I did the original movie. There were elements that I found to be quite enjoyable (I freaked out when I realized that Richard Armitage was the father of the Red and White Queen), and it looked more colorful and alive than the first movie did. My friends loved it, but I expected them to seeing they loved the first movie. I probably wouldn't watch it again, but it was better than I expected it to be.

After the movie was over, I went to my Disney Store and they still had the Alice and Red Queen dolls for sale. They had two of each doll. I was in awe at how gorgeous and detailed Alice's top is in person, but her face mold, hair, and pants still didn't do much for me at all, and I still think the Red Queen is still the highlight of the release. I have no desire to own either of them, but they really are better than the initial reveal photos for the most part.

Last edited:
Your ship has come in. A bunch of stuff (but not all) is now on sale online. Not sure about stores ....

I know! It will cost me $30 after shipping. That is still a little bit pricey for me considering that it is an alarm clock, but that is probably the lowest it is going to go. Better to be safe than sorry right?

But has merchandise for any Disney film, live action in particular, gone on sale this quickly before? Its usually a good two months or so before merchandise goes on sale.

I'm debating jumping on the classic doll Alice but I'm worried if I do in a month they'll mark it down even more!

I wouldn't worry about her price going down some more...Looks like they will be selling out online pretty quickly. As of 6 a.m this morning both the Red Queen and the White Queen are sold out.

I'm sad that the merchandise is on sale already. The fact that they never restocked the Cheshire Cat plush makes me think that they aren't making anymore Looking Glass products anytime soon. Unfortunately since the movie didn't do well, they aren't going to put any much more money into merchandise, so I'd buy what's available while you can.

I wouldn't worry about her price going down some more...Looks like they will be selling out online pretty quickly. As of 6 a.m this morning both the Red Queen and the White Queen are sold out.

I was just able to add Alice, Mad Hatter, and the White Queen at 9:33 a.m. Pst. The Red Queen is indefinitely sold out though.

I know! It will cost me $30 after shipping. That is still a little bit pricey for me considering that it is an alarm clock, but that is probably the lowest it is going to go. Better to be safe than sorry right?

But has merchandise for any Disney film, live action in particular, gone on sale this quickly before? Its usually a good two months or so before merchandise goes on sale.

Just in case it makes a difference to you ... it's not an alarm clock, just a desk clock. I was hoping it did have an alarm feature because I want to replace my alarm clock and this one is cute.

As far as waiting for further markdowns, tough call. At low prices the stuff might move ... but the apathy toward the film makes me wonder how many people will buy merch, even on sale. I could see the clock lasting til another reduction (dolls have a wider market) but it's a risk. If you really want it, you might feel better securing it now. If you wait and it sells out online, I'm sure one of the 80 stores near me will still have it so I'd be happy to do a pickup if it comes to that.

Just in case it makes a difference to you ... it's not an alarm clock, just a desk clock. I was hoping it did have an alarm feature because I want to replace my alarm clock and this one is cute.

As far as waiting for further markdowns, tough call. At low prices the stuff might move ... but the apathy toward the film makes me wonder how many people will buy merch, even on sale. I could see the clock lasting til another reduction (dolls have a wider market) but it's a risk. If you really want it, you might feel better securing it now. If you wait and it sells out online, I'm sure one of the 80 stores near me will still have it so I'd be happy to do a pickup if it comes to that.

Yeah I found that out earlier today. I was hoping it was an alarm clock as that was one of the main reasons I was interested in it. I currently use my phone as my alarm, and its usually not a good idea to leave your phone on 24/7 so this one seemed like a perfect fit for me where I love Alice so much. Aw well. Its still a really nice clock, so if its still available later on for an even cheaper price then I might go for it, but I think I am good for now. Thank you for the pick up offer though!

Was at DSF today and what Alice merch they have left (not a lot, but all four of the regular dolls and some funkos, t-shirts and the clock) is now 65% off.

Again, not sure if they'll ship, but if you're in the area, the prices are crazy good. I was so tempted but didn't have the funds. :(

Was at DSF today and what Alice merch they have left (not a lot, but all four of the regular dolls and some funkos, t-shirts and the clock) is now 65% off.

Again, not sure if they'll ship, but if you're in the area, the prices are crazy good. I was so tempted but didn't have the funds. :(

65% off when the film has been out for only around two weeks...wow. That is insane. Disney clearly was not expecting the film to do this badly either at the box office or in merchandise sales.

I was just at my local Disney store yesterday and one of the cast members told me they were supposed to restock on that Cheshire Cat in the next few weeks...I thought it was a little odd considering they're almost giving away all the Through the looking Glass merch.

This may sound like a crazy idea but would it be possible they are trying to get rid of their stocks faster to make room for a lot of new Belle merchandise? And by a lot of new merchandise possibly some surprise stuff too? For a time at the beginning of the year it felt like the Disney Store wasn't releasing much and then one morning there were pages and pages of new merch.

I stopped into the Times Square DS on Friday, and they apparently received more LE Alice dolls. It looked like they had about 8-10 dolls, including some of the LE Red Queen. I hate that they put them out on the shelf though because people mishandle them and the boxes get scratched and beat up and absolutely covered in fingerprints. I know the dolls aren't selling, but I still can't stand to see people destroying LE dolls!

I finally saw the movie last week, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. It probably helped that I went in there with such low expectations. I actually liked this movie a lot more than the first one, which I found kind of boring. I thought this movie had a better plot, and it was fun visually, with the 3D especially. It wasn't great, but I did find it watchable.

65% off when the film has been out for only around two weeks...wow. That is insane. Disney clearly was not expecting the film to do this badly either at the box office or in merchandise sales.
Part of the reason for the sales at DSF specifically is the movie is only running there a few more days as Dory is coming in, so they need the shelf space for the Dory merch.

This may sound like a crazy idea but would it be possible they are trying to get rid of their stocks faster to make room for a lot of new Belle merchandise? And by a lot of new merchandise possibly some surprise stuff too? For a time at the beginning of the year it felt like the Disney Store wasn't releasing much and then one morning there were pages and pages of new merch.

That is possible, but the main reason probably has to do with the film performing so poorly. Disney just want's to get rid of as much merchandise related to the movie as possible. At the same time, we are already getting quite a few leaks for upcoming BatB merchandise so its possible that they plan on releasing quite a bit and a good chunk of it could replace the Alice merchandise that is currently on the shelves.

Part of the reason for the sales at DSF specifically is the movie is only running there a few more days as Dory is coming in, so they need the shelf space for the Dory merch.

Ahh okay. That makes sense. Still 65% is a really big price drop all things considered.

I picked up my platinum set on the weekend. These Alice dolls may not be for everyone, but I love them so much. The platinum dolls are by far the best of all 4. It almost makes you wonder if they hold back a bit on the LE4000 dolls to make the LE450 stand out more. Here's a quick pic I took when I got home. The box is in perfect condition, and even the dolls themselves didn't have anything overly awkward from shipping.

Alice and Mad Hatter platinum edition set by Blaine Marshall, on Flickr

I picked up my platinum set on the weekend. These Alice dolls may not be for everyone, but I love them so much. The platinum dolls are by far the best of all 4. It almost makes you wonder if they hold back a bit on the LE4000 dolls to make the LE450 stand out more. Here's a quick pic I took when I got home. The box is in perfect condition, and even the dolls themselves didn't have anything overly awkward from shipping.

Congratulations Quasimodo! The dolls look soooooo much better in your photo than in the stock photos. The Mad Hatter's accessories are so detailed!

Hey! I know the classic Alice dolls have already been on sale online and are sold out but I was reading from another thread that the remaining store dolls were expected to end up on clearance at 9.99$. Can anyone let me know when they do? Thank you!

I am obsessed with this Alice!

My mother called me at work to say, "Your big-*** box from Harrods just arrived!" So now I'm sitting here with two more hours to go at work plus a 45-minute (at least) drive home. I WANT TO SEE MY DOLLIES. I'm so excited. I haven't been this excited about buying something in a long time, and I buy stuff all the time, ha.

I can't wait to hear what you think of them. I love my set more and more every day (my most faves always continue to grow on me). I played with them a bit to get them posed the way I like, but I'm going to think about adding Swarovski crystals to Alice some more before I decide (I don't care about the value, because my dolls are in their forever home... and even if they're not I'd rather enjoy them the way I want).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back