• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)
I have a Cheshire cat cross body bag from the first film, so I definitely want this one. And the necklace, very interesting.

Here are some pictures of the necklace and compact out of their packaging. I probably should have shared these originally seeing they give a better view of the products themselves lol.

Collier-Alice.jpg
miroir-Lapin-Blanc.jpg

OMG WANT. I had not seen these before!

Where is this going to be available, did they say?

Last edited:
Radio Disney Club showed off some makeup for the film that is being released soon. My friend's fiance is going to freak out when this is released lol.

alice_sephora.jpg

EDIT: This is actually merch from the first film that Radio Disney Club just happened to share. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.

I have this Urban Decay set from the first film and its stunning. I don't remember the exact price but I wish I'd kept my spare one, it sells for crazy money on eBay.

the OPI polishes were amazing, the Mad as a Hatter glitter was my favourite from the range.

i can't wait to see what Through the Looking Glass will bring

to add to the post about the merchandise, here are some other things.

tumblr_o3li4lTHo81tp9tvoo5_500.jpg

tumblr_o3li4lTHo81tp9tvoo3_500.jpg

tumblr_o3li4lTHo81tp9tvoo1_500.jpg

this is the first time we really see disneystore's packaging for the film. i would assume that something similar if not identical would make up the box for the limited edition dolls, rolling off the merchandise of cinderella and how consistent that has been.

super excited. totally getting that compact. i'm a sucker for nice mirrors i don't use.

I really like his outfit, but his hair isn't all that great. Its curly when it should be frizzy like in the movie. I am going to assume that he will be released sometime near the end of the month or early April seeing we already have pictures of him in his packaging.

Does anyone know when Disney is supposed to announce and show the Alice Mercandise, film dolls, and LE dolls? I can't wait to see what they look like.

Does anyone know when Disney is supposed to announce and show the Alice Mercandise, film dolls, and LE dolls? I can't wait to see what they look like.

I am going to assume that we won't see anything in stores until either the end of March or very early April. They always release the merchandise collections about a month or two before the actual film comes out. We might get leaked pictures of the dolls by Radio Disney Club before then though.

It really bothers me to think that the Platinum set will cost $750, again. It's a ridiculous and crazy price! I understand that the materials are supposed to be top-notch and everything but they really can't get away with something like this. I could understand a price like that for a rare, older and sold out doll from ebay, not a brand new from the Disney Store. Anyway, I'm excited to see more of the merchandise and the new LE Dolls, I'll probably get the set too if I really love it! I'm very curious to see how they made the Red Queen LE, the proportions and all!

It really bothers me to think that the Platinum set will cost $750, again. It's a ridiculous and crazy price! I understand that the materials are supposed to be top-notch and everything but they really can't get away with something like this. I could understand a price like that for a rare, older and sold out doll from ebay, not a brand new from the Disney Store. Anyway, I'm excited to see more of the merchandise and the new LE Dolls, I'll probably get the set too if I really love it! I'm very curious to see how they made the Red Queen LE, the proportions and all!

They've been getting away with it for 3 years now. DisneyStore can do whatever they want because their customers (even if it's 250 only) are willing to pay that much for the set.

They've been getting away with it for 3 years now. DisneyStore can do whatever they want because their customers (even if it's 250 only) are willing to pay that much for the set.

The main issue, I think, is that even if real dolls collectors decided not to buy the set and to protest, there would be always some scalpers willing to pay that much hoping to make some money! :/

Last edited:
The main issue, I think, is that even if real dolls collectors decided not to buy the set and to protest, there would be always some scalpers willing to pay that much hoping to make some money! :/

Only until they find they can't sell them to anyone at cost or higher - but it seems that, so far, there are always fans who just can't seem to ignore them.

I've already expressed my thoughts that Disney doing such a tiny release amount is service to the scalpers and a slap in the face to fans. If you really think you only have 250 people interested in that product, then you know the product sucks and should not be made. If you know the real number of interested people is in the tens of thousands, you're being awfully jerky by releasing so few and jacking the price way WAY up.

BTW the materials are not that great. Just the same plastics as everything else. Polyester satin, polyethylene "pearls," PVC heads and shoes on ABS bodies.

I do have dolls made with silk, gold thread (real gold), silk-velvet and pearls, on hand-painted porcelain, and they didn't cost nearly as much.

It really is ridiculous :/ we basically pay for the name, not the quality (and as you said it yourself even if the materials were that great the price would still be too crazy!) btw I love your name and avatar!! Wicked <3

Just a heads up for everyone! The Animator Collection Large and Small Alice Dolls have been showing up in the US and UK so be on the look out! Nothing as of yet on an online release date. Happy hunting everyone!

Thanks for the heads up DarthHans!

Also, here is a full list from the Disney Limited Edition Dolls tumblr page that shows all the Alice dolls that are currently rumored to be coming out within the next couple of months.

Limited Edition Dolls:
  • 17″ live-action Alice: $129.95
  • 17″ live-action Red Queen: $129.95
  • Platinum 17″ Alice and Mad Hatter: $750
Movie Collection Dolls:
  • Alice: $34.95
  • Mad Hatter: $34.95
  • White Queen: $34.95
  • Red Queen: $34.95
  • Time: $34.95
Animator Dolls:
  • Animated Alice: $24.95
  • 5″ Alice with the Cheshire Cat: $19.95
Jakks Pacific Dolls: (Prices should range from $25-$40)
  • Alice ribbon fantasy: Price not confirmed
  • Alice blue dress: Price not confirmed
  • White Queen: Price not confirmed
  • Deluxe Red Queen: Price not confirmed
  • Mad Hatter: Price not confirmed

Yay, they're releasing White Queen! Wonder how the two brands will compare? I hear most people prefer Disney over Jakks.

MicksHardy, thank you, I love Wicked too!

TheDisneyFanatic, thanks for the pricing info. Does anyone remember if that was the price of the LA Movie Collection Cinderella dolls? It seems steep to me, but maybe it's my memory playing tricks on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back