• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)
Hope they restock before the BOGO ends on Sunday. Otherwise, Hatter please stay put till tomorrow AM. Might not be able to try for one of the LE dolls. One of these would be a nice alternative for me. Good luck everyone.

All the film collection dolls are now sold out on the Disney Store website I really hope the stores have them before the buy one get one 50% off ends Sunday....

For a movie whose predecessor was so bashed by critics, the merch sure is popular :p I guess I don't have to wonder if I'm in a minority for liking it anymore. I only want the White Queen and Alice myself since they're my faves. I knew that Red Queen would sell fast but didn't believe it would go THIS fast. I don't have the money right now anyway.

For a movie whose predecessor was so bashed by critics, the merch sure is popular :p I guess I don't have to wonder if I'm in a minority for liking it anymore. I only want the White Queen and Alice myself since they're my faves. I knew that Red Queen would sell fast but didn't believe it would go THIS fast. I don't have the money right now anyway.

I think it has to do with Alice in Wonderland being popular among Disney fans in general and the fact that they released the merch at the same time as the buy one get one 50% off promotion lol. That is such a good deal given how pricey these things usually are after shipping.

Tim Burton fans are not necessarily always Disney fans....and Alice brings the two groups together. Lots of dark art types will flock to this film, but yeah - I think it's just the bogo that caused this to go fast. I only purchased two of the dolls because of the discount. You never know for sure what is not going to sell....(like live action Cinderalla stepmother and also the fairy godmother) - Those went on huge sale several times. Disney will probably order a ton more, and eventually some of them will find themselves in the clearance bin a couple of months after the film is out.

I am betting these will reappear sometime after the buy one get one 50% off sale ends. I'm going to check a couple of my local Disney Stores today to see if they have the merchandise in stock

Personally, I didn't really care for the first movie, so I haven't felt much enthusiasm for the merchandise even though I generally love all things Alice in Wonderland. I am going to watch the first movie again before the new one comes out; maybe I will feel differently about it now. There is just something about the aesthetic of the film and the look of the characters that makes me feel very uncomfortable and weirded out, which I find odd because I usually LOVE Tim Burton.

However, I am interested in getting the Red Queen, but I'm wondering if I should just wait for the LE version. Whether I get the Alice LE will depend on what she looks like -- I don't like the 12 inch doll at all. And the Mad Hatter doll completely freaks me out.

I do think they will restock the film collection dolls -- the Cinderella live-action dolls were around for ages.

I actually think the Mad Hatter doll looks cool, it's just that he's not my favorite character so I don't really desire it. And yeah I've been banking on the fact that these are general releases rather than limited, so scarcity won't be a problem (assuming you don't procrastinate way too long, because I know how expensive even general Disney merch can get when retired). You know, the scenic boxes are so nice that I almost regret being an out of box collector lol. But I think boxes just make my space look too cluttered.

Just confirmed my store in Maryland is not releasing the dolls until Monday. Most likely because of the BOGO sale. No confirmation on LE dolls at this time. For those who did not get them on the website, I bet they will restock the dolls on Monday morning after the BOGO sale is over. Good luck to those who want them!

For those that care, I could not find any confirmed sales on Ebay in the sold section. There are some overpriced listings still available. I recommend you wait until next week to see if website is restocked.

Yes, Mad Hatter is creepy. Nicely detailed, but creepy. I collect dolls for their "prettiness" so I'm glad white queen and alice were still in stock when I got them. I do (for some reason) kinda like red queen, probably more for her outfit....but I LOVE my villains designer queen of hearts doll, so no sadness not getting this version. I do think the red queen will be the most popular of the group. They did a good job on all the face renderings. I felt like they never quite got live action Cindy right.

All the dolls will more than likely be restocked Monday. Here is a post from the Disney Limited Edition Dolls tumblr page:

Hey everyone! I received some frantic messages about the Alice film collection dolls being sold out and on eBay for high amounts of money. Do NOT feed the scalpers! These dolls will be restocked and they will all be in stores on Monday! These dolls never sell out that fast so one of two things happened:
  1. Disney only released a small amount of them online because of the BOGO 50% deal.
  2. Disney realized the merchandise shouldn’t be up and they quickly changed the dolls to sold out so no one else could get them for the deal.
The dolls will come up, and hopefully we’ll have a Friends and Family weekend soon where you can get them for 25% off!

Just don't be one of those people who has been buying the dolls off of eBay. Its way too early for these to actually sell out and Disney will more than likely restock them all next week. You will at least for sure be able to get them at most Disney Stores.

Thanks for the information. Since the only other merch item I wanted was the Cheshire Cat tote. I went ahead and bought it. My ability to get to a brick and mortar store is limited, so I bought while its in stock online.

All the dolls will more than likely be restocked Monday. Here is a post from the Disney Limited Edition Dolls tumblr page:

Hey everyone! I received some frantic messages about the Alice film collection dolls being sold out and on eBay for high amounts of money. Do NOT feed the scalpers! These dolls will be restocked and they will all be in stores on Monday! These dolls never sell out that fast so one of two things happened:
  1. Disney only released a small amount of them online because of the BOGO 50% deal.
  2. Disney realized the merchandise shouldn’t be up and they quickly changed the dolls to sold out so no one else could get them for the deal.
The dolls will come up, and hopefully we’ll have a Friends and Family weekend soon where you can get them for 25% off!

Just don't be one of those people who has been buying the dolls off of eBay. Its way too early for these to actually sell out and Disney will more than likely restock them all next week. You will at least for sure be able to get them at most Disney Stores.

Definitely 2. Disney never groups new merchandise in on the sales. It's rather nice that they are leaving everything else up and they are including it in on the sale. Great luck to those that were able to get the dolls in the BOGO sale.

I went ahead and bought Chronosphere Necklace, with the Mad Hatter's Necklace half off, and the Compact Mirror with the Cheshire Plush half off. XD

Last edited:
Personally, I didn't really care for the first movie, so I haven't felt much enthusiasm for the merchandise even though I generally love all things Alice in Wonderland. I am going to watch the first movie again before the new one comes out; maybe I will feel differently about it now. There is just something about the aesthetic of the film and the look of the characters that makes me feel very uncomfortable and weirded out, which I find odd because I usually LOVE Tim Burton.
I'm in the exact same boat. I was so excited for the first movie, and then when I saw it in theaters it was just alright. To me it's just so bland and it just doesn't feel like wonderland. There's no color or over the top feeling of wonderland that the animated movie had. There's a lot of gray and washed out colors... The March hare, tweedle dee and dum, and the Cheshire were all kind of disappointing to me... They just didn't fit the role for me. I definitely get what you mean about the aesthetic.

I'm excited by all this new merch but the trailer is doing nothing for me and I hate to buy merch for a movie I probably won't even go see. /:

I think I am in the opposite boat here where it's the original animated Alice I do t care for all that much. I do like it but it far from one of my favorite animated Disney films. I was surprised how much I liked the live action version and am looking forward to the sequel though I'm keeping expectations fairly low so I won't be disappointed( I try to do the same with most movies I know I am trying with my most anticipated movie of May Captain America Civil War)

I am actually surprised that quite a few people here didn't like the film. I figured I was one of the only ones! As much as I love Alice in Wonderland, I just cannot stand the Tim Burton version. The new film isn't doing much for me either, but it at least looks more colorful and fun than the first one. That being said, I think the merchandise we have gotten so far is absolutely beautiful and there are one or two things that I want to get like the alarm clock or one of the dolls. Even if you don't care for the film, I think you can still enjoy and appreciate certain elements from it (like how I like a majority of the actors they picked to play the characters and I love a lot of the costume designs) and still be interested in some of the merch. Plus I think most of the items currently for sale could be sold as standard Alice in Wonderland items instead of tie in "Through the Looking Glass" merch.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone think the Disney Store will have a free shipping deal soon? I am really wanting to get that alarm clock, but its pretty pricey after shipping for me. I know that they usually have a free shipping deal the weekend the movie comes out, but I am afraid it will sell out by then.

Last edited:
Same here, I don't tend to buy online without free shipping. I mean, with shipping a small plush is boosted to $20, I just can't justify spending that lol. And I'm hoping the second movie will be better than the first. I liked the first one well enough, but it's not a huge fandom of mine (that would be certain Pixar movies like Inside Out, Monsters, inc, Toy Story, and Disney animation's new films). I watched the original Disney movie all the time as a kid and thought it was really creative, but I actually like the character designs in the live action one better.

Now the one upcoming Disney movie I can't get excited for is The Jungle Book; am I the only one here in this boat? I was excited for Zootopia, am excited for Alice, Finding Dory, and Moana, so I've been trying to figure out what it is about The Jungle Book that doesn't really strike me. When I watched the preview I thought maybe the realistic thing wasn't working for me; I like the stylized and colorful look of animation and think maybe it makes such a story as this one more interesting to watch--live action Alice may not be as wacky and colorful as some would prefer, but it at least had a lot of decorative fantasy elements and stylized characters that kept it from looking too bland. From what I've seen of the Jungle Book, not so much. But maybe I'm judging prematurely.

Definitely 2. Disney never groups new merchandise in on the sales. It's rather nice that they are leaving everything else up and they are including it in on the sale. Great luck to those that were able to get the dolls in the BOGO sale.

I went ahead and bought Chronosphere Necklace, with the Mad Hatter's Necklace half off, and the Compact Mirror with the Cheshire Plush half off. XD

I have seen many times that Disney releases something new during a sale. The special live action Cinderella 6 doll pack (the one with the awesome two stepsister dolls) was released on a holiday that had a one day sale of take 40% off anything. It was a $60 dollar discount! I think they do a small early releases for test market reasons. These aren't limited dolls, but they also don't want to over saturate stores with them if they don't sell. All kinds of alice stuff was released, so it wasn't a mistake. Just a limited early release. :)

But the 6 pack was with 3 dolls that were already available, and most of the merchandise was on sale at that point. More often than not Disney wants as much money as possible. :lol:

there are really nice comparison photos on disneylimitededitiondolls tumblr page between the disney store and the jakks pacific dolls.

i absolutely love the disney store alice doll and will definitely get her. jakks pacific's hatter looks better to me and has a sad puppy eyed johnny depp look versus a crazy eyed johnny depp look.

i see a few different posters for the movie floating around and the released merchandise but that's it for now. can't wait for the limited edition doll photos to come out.

Same here, I don't tend to buy online without free shipping. I mean, with shipping a small plush is boosted to $20, I just can't justify spending that lol. And I'm hoping the second movie will be better than the first. I liked the first one well enough, but it's not a huge fandom of mine (that would be certain Pixar movies like Inside Out, Monsters, inc, Toy Story, and Disney animation's new films). I watched the original Disney movie all the time as a kid and thought it was really creative, but I actually like the character designs in the live action one better.

Now the one upcoming Disney movie I can't get excited for is The Jungle Book; am I the only one here in this boat? I was excited for Zootopia, am excited for Alice, Finding Dory, and Moana, so I've been trying to figure out what it is about The Jungle Book that doesn't really strike me. When I watched the preview I thought maybe the realistic thing wasn't working for me; I like the stylized and colorful look of animation and think maybe it makes such a story as this one more interesting to watch--live action Alice may not be as wacky and colorful as some would prefer, but it at least had a lot of decorative fantasy elements and stylized characters that kept it from looking too bland. From what I've seen of the Jungle Book, not so much. But maybe I'm judging prematurely.
That's another one I can't generate excitement for either... I've seen the trailers but I just can't get into it. I'll give all these films a chance though... I expected to hate the live action Cinderella and I think it's now one of my favorite Disney films of all time. Zootopia was another one I was not excited for and loved... So I'd hate to pre-judge these and miss out on great movies.

i really love the Alice doll but I'm going to hold out til i watch the movie.

I went to my bricks-and-mortar DS this morning, in time for opening. They had MOST of the Looking-Glass merch but a few items were MIA (for example, the Mad Tea Party mug, which I wanted, and the Mad Hatter necklace, which I didn't so it wasn't a big deal). So if you venture out, it will depend on your store and what they received; some larger stores might have everything. Plenty of dolls and other items, though, and a lot of it looks nicer in person. I bought the Red Queen and White Queen dolls and the white "Alice" top, which is also cuter in person.

All of the dolls look nicer in person, to be honest. My mother (who I dragged with me) actually liked the Alice and Mad Hatter dolls! As she said, "Yes, they're over the top because they're based on Tim Burton, but they're the right amount of over the top. I think they're cute." Which for my mother was quite thoughtful and eloquent on a topic that she really doesn't care much about, ha ha. I didn't buy them, but when I got home, I needed to order some Alice merch that wasn't in the store (including new "classic" Alice items, yay!) and I poked around on the website to find enough stuff to qualify for free shipping. Which leads me to this fun fact:

As of 10 minutes ago, the Alice, Mad Hatter, and White Queen dolls ARE on the website. They don't show up when you click on the "Through the Looking-Glass" teaser on the homepage. But if you search "alice doll," you will find them. I put them in my cart with the other stuff, checked out, and got my order confirmation. I went back onto the website, found them, and tried adding them to bag again, and they all went in. So ... if you're quick, you might be able to snag them if going to a store isn't an option for you. No doubt all the dolls will be restocked in the near future, but just a heads-up if you wanted any of those three ...

Ahhhh 'Alice Addicted To Pins" is right! Three dolls are up. Big mistake by Disney if they don't come up in the Alice home page link.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back