• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)
MAKE-UP FANS (or friends of those who are): Ulta has the Urban Decay Alice Through the Looking-Glass collection on its website! I got the email from Ulta this morning and yup, the palette and lipsticks are online. Not sure if they're launching in store today as well ... but the good news is, with the price of the palette, your order automatically qualifies for free shipping! :p

According to the Sephora website, they will have this collection on May 5th. I think Ulta may have an exclusive launch on it before it goes "global." So those are two options if you're in the market.

Honestly, I only posted the images of the palette for other people, but the more I looked at it, the more I saw colors I would actually use. And since my current MAC eyeshadow is getting down to dust, and I was going to have to buy eyeshadow anyway ... I mean, the palette was practically begging to be purchased. Ha ha. Weeeeeee I love new stuff!

They've released photos of the LE dolls! Someone posted it on a Disney LE Facebook group. I like the Red Queen's detailed outfit but I'm quite disappointed with her face. It doesn't look like an LE face to me. It looks a bit plain. But maybe she looks better in close up photos. I'm dying to see more!

Ewwwww, I'm shocked. From these photos they look so bad, I really don't like them! Expect maybe for the Red Queen dress, the body and face seem so weird. The Platinum set is a joke, I could've (not really) understand the price (not really) for the Aladdin and Jasmine set, it really is beautiful and with so many details, but this Alice and Hatter set? They're crazy. I'm so disappointed right now, they look so weird, thank god there's a gap of 20 days between the US and Europe release, I want to wait and see how they look in real life, the official photos are always worst, in this case they are pretty bad tho. I want to wait for better quality photos too, maybe I'll change my mind.

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/toys/dolls/mn/1000255+1000997/#
4171_cp_FWB_LEdolls_bottom_29042016.jpg

Ewwwww, I'm shocked. From these photos they look so bad, I really don't like them! Expect maybe for the Red Queen dress, the body and face seem so weird. The Platinum set is a joke, I could've (not really) understand the price (not really) for the Aladdin and Jasmine set, it really is beautiful and with so many details, but this Alice and Hatter set? They're crazy. I'm so disappointed right now, they look so weird, thank god there's a gap of 20 days between the US and Europe release, I want to wait and see how they look in real life, the official photos are always worst, in this case they are pretty bad tho. I want to wait for better quality photos too, maybe I'll change my mind.

When I first saw the photos without reading the caption, I thought they were Jakks Pacific dolls or something else, not the LEs. I agree with you on the Mad Hatter. He looks so weird!

Going by those pictures, I actually like the regular edition dolls better. I don't see any point in spending a fortune on the double pack when the Hatter looks so goofy and Alice is wearing the same outfit as the regular doll.

Man I am just not feeling these dolls at all. The pictures they used for the reveal really aren't that great (basically the norm for the Disney Store), and they will look a lot better in person, but I can't help but feel that these could have been so much better. They actually remind me of LE Jakks Pacific dolls for some reason, just more detailed. I even think the standard Film Collection dolls are more beautiful. Granted, I wasn't overly impressed with the Cinderella LE doll when she was announced, but I thought she looked a lot better after more pictures were released and I seen in-box pics, but I really can't see my opinion on these changing all that much.

Oh, and that "platinum" set is an absolute joke. There is no way that set is worth that much money (at least to me).

The only one I might go for is the Queen. The Platinum set does not interest me in the least. Disney really seems to be dropping the ball on LE dolls this year.

I wonder how they determine the doll distribution--- only 950 of the 4,000 LE dolls for Europe, but Europe gets 305 Platinum sets while the US only gets 145? If I'm remembering correctly they did the same thing with the Aladdin/Jasmine set where Europe was allocated way more of the sets. That just seems odd to me --especially since people from other countries can order from the U.S. store. How do they decide these numbers?

Man I am just not feeling these dolls at all. The pictures they used for the reveal really aren't that great (basically the norm for the Disney Store), and they will look a lot better in person, but I can't help but feel that these could have been so much better. They actually remind me of LE Jakks Pacific dolls for some reason, just more detailed. I even think the standard Film Collection dolls are more beautiful. Granted, I wasn't overly impressed with the Cinderella LE doll when she was announced, but I thought she looked a lot better after more pictures were released and I seen in-box pics, but I really can't see my opinion on these changing all that much.

Oh, and that "platinum" set is an absolute joke. There is no way that set is worth that much money (at least to me).

It really is a joke! I'm so disappointed! I was really excited, the clothes in the movie seem really beautiful and the 35$ dolls are very pretty! But these... I don't know, I'll wait for more photos, maybe I'll get the Red Queen, the dress seems really detailed and beautiful, I don't know about Alice, I really don't like those boots/shoes whatever they are. The Platinum set can rot on the Harrods shelves, scalpers better read some online comments or they'll waste a big chunck of money trying to sell those on ebay!

The only one I might go for is the Queen. The Platinum set does not interest me in the least. Disney really seems to be dropping the ball on LE dolls this year.

I wonder how they determine the doll distribution--- only 950 of the 4,000 LE dolls for Europe, but Europe gets 305 Platinum sets while the US only gets 145? If I'm remembering correctly they did the same thing with the Aladdin/Jasmine set where Europe was allocated way more of the sets. That just seems odd to me --especially since people from other countries can order from the U.S. store. How do they decide these numbers?

Right? I really don't understand why we just get 950 pieces for the regular ones and for the Platinum set 305?? What?? Why? It doesn't make sense!

Last edited:
Holy Moly.... Those look horrible!

Stand-alone Alice is definitely the best of the bunch, but if her details on her top are not embroidered then she falls in the same category as the others.
The Red Queen: This doll looks ugly.... Her head is way too small. Her outfit is a disgrace compared to the quality and the fullness of the standard doll. I don't understand why her train is like that, it's ugly..
The Platinum set: I can't see anything in Alice that makes this version an improvement over the regular $35 doll. Like seriously... Other than the puffed out sleeves, what's different??! As for the mad hatter, his clothes are eh, but his face takes the cake for the worst face on a LE doll...

These dolls are horrible. :)

I'm sure all of the dolls will look somewhat better in person and in their boxes because they always do. I am reserving judgement on the standalone Alice until I see her in person --much of the embroidery and detail may not be visible in the photos. In the Platinum set, the Mad Hatter's accessories seem very detailed, but still, I'm not seeing anything in that set that justifies the price.

I was looking for a justification NOT to buy these, and Disney appears to have given me one. I too will reserve full judgment until I see better, detailed photos, but it doesn't look promising. The film collection dolls are the first non-LE dolls I've bought, but they are so detailed (and affordable) that I may be content with them.

yeah agree I'm not impressed by that Alice that I was looking forward to. I wish they released the regular edition 12" doll in the purple top outfit rather than the red and black. I might like to just get the white queen though because her dress is really nice

Double dose of disappointment today. I saw the Jakks Pacific in Walmart today and I'm a little unimpressed.
26624298142_dc61e7ea57_z.jpg

I am really hoping the Toys R Us exclusive, has the better smiling faces Hatter to redeem them.

Last edited:
Those plushes also look pretty bad ^^; Guess today is great news for everyone's wallets, huh?

With all of the negativity towards the new LE dolls. I thought I would share what arrived today in the mail! So happy to finally own her in my collection! Tonner Alice Kingsleigh Doll LE 1000 Her shoes are so much nicer than the Disney Store version.
tumblr_o6euaqu2eU1v261u2o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_o6euaqu2eU1v261u2o2_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Double dose of disappointment today. I saw the Jakks Pacific in Walmart today and I'm a little unimpressed.
26624298142_dc61e7ea57_z.jpg

I am really hoping the Toys R Us exclusive, has the better smiling faces Hatter to redeem them.

Man those dolls look bad. That Alice and her dress are almost insulting. It really has been a bad day for Tim Burton Alice fans.

With all of the negativity towards the new LE dolls. I thought I would share what arrived today in the mail! So happy to finally own her in my collection! Tonner Alice Kingsleigh Doll LE 1000 Her shoes are so much nicer than the Disney Store version.

Now THAT is a gorgeous doll! She looks amazing! Congrats on getting her!

I saw your post on tumblr! She's so beautiful!

Wow I guess I'm in the minority but I don't mind the LE dolls I am still going to get Alice and red queen(one of my favorite characters) I believe she wears that dress in the film. The Disney promo pics always look horrible. I think they will look better in person as usual. People,hated the LE live action Cinderella in photos and liked her in person so who knows either way I'm still looking forward to getting these dolls. The platinum set doesn't look like it's worth $500 though

The photos are not helping the PR for these dolls, seriously if I wasn't all ready a Alice fan. These would be a pass based on the photos alone. I'm going to try for stand alone Alice, that's my favorite outfit.

Mmmm I feel like I really need to see these in-box to decide. (not platinum...I never think the platinum prices are reasonable so I just ignore them...this time too).

The Red Queen kinda looks like she forgot to put on her skirt, though. Like a translucent skirt. And Alice's boots kinda look like they're cheaply-made solid plastic? I hope not. I dunno. I look forward to in-box pics instead of these weird, awkward photoshops. But, I'm happy to at least see SOME pictures!

These are NOT good enough to judge from, but people in Italy are sharing pix of the actual dolls in boxes. I just screencapped the Instagram pages (IG user la_stregatta_luna):

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I like the BOX for the platinum set. Maybe I should start an "empty packaging" collection if I can find someone who deboxes! :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back