• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)
These are NOT good enough to judge from, but people in Italy are sharing pix of the actual dolls in boxes. I just screencapped the Instagram pages (IG user la_stregatta_luna):

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I like the BOX for the platinum set. Maybe I should start an "empty packaging" collection if I can find someone who deboxes! :p

i just woke up, extremely tired from a concert i went to last night to celebrate end of exams. apart from the initial disappointment and thinking this were another photos of the regular dolls, i am warming up to these. they definitely need to take better photos of their dolls or find someone who can. this is insane. to be fair, i know high quality photos are coming but from past experiences, they also don't even come close.

i will most likely be getting solo alice. the platinum set is not bad looking but the hatter is awful in my opinion and out of all the dolls, i prefer the jakks sculpt and paint job. i really like alice's sculpt though, she looks like mia. red queen is not true to the proportions and i don't like her enough to get the doll. to see the dolls in actual packaging sort of and get better photos than the ones released (cause geez, even those instagram photos show me more), i calmed down a little haha.

sorry to hear you guys are disappointed with the dolls... :c i'll post some more stuff that i found in terms of merchandise a little later.

tumblr_o6emunmr0r1tp9tvoo1_1280.jpg

Disney LE Doll Collectors
*Speculate about upcoming dolls
*Freaks out about confirmed doll news
*Wants pictures of new dolls
*Gets pictures of new dolls
*Bitches and complains about new dolls
*Bitches when dolls are sold out
*Bitches about eBay prices
*Buys new dolls anyways
*Repeat

lol found this on tumblr and thought it was fairly accurate and kind of funny enjoy!

Disney LE Doll Collectors
*Speculate about upcoming dolls
*Freaks out about confirmed doll news
*Wants pictures of new dolls
*Gets pictures of new dolls
*Bitches and complains about new dolls
*Bitches when dolls are sold out
*Bitches about eBay prices
*Buys new dolls anyways
*Repeat

lol found this on tumblr and thought it was fairly accurate and kind of funny enjoy!

Also *says how much they hate dolls *says therye 100%passing *still goes on release day only to "check them out" *buys dolls. * quickly posts *oh wow oh my gawd oh wow these dolls look SOOOOOO much better in person oh mai gawd they totally worth it oh mai gawd.

it happens every release. its sickening but also entertaining watching the fights and debates.

Also *says how much they hate dolls *says therye 100%passing *still goes on release day only to "check them out" *buys dolls. * quickly posts *oh wow oh my gawd oh wow these dolls look SOOOOOO much better in person oh mai gawd they totally worth it oh mai gawd.

it happens every release. its sickening but also entertaining watching the fights and debates.

hahaha lol yeah that's true as well Nd you know some of the people complaining are going to buy the dolls anyway. It happened with Cinderella and the Frozen release that had Elsa in the regal purple dress. It will happen with Alice as well

This happens with practically every fandom and collectors group lol (the complaining and then watching/buying/whatever anyway), but I honestly don't even collect dolls, I just like looking at them, so I just leaped in to give my unqualified opinion. LE dolls are just too expensive for me.

Exactly and I bet they'll still be sold out maybe not the same day but I estimate within the week of release for sure.

Did anyone notice that the in-store doll release date has been moved to the 28th (Saturday) in the U.S. according to the Disney Store Facebook page? I am so annoyed right now. I work on Saturday mornings and now won't be able to purchase in store. I was wanting to see what the dolls looked like in person before I made my final decision. And also, what the heck is Disney thinking by releasing a doll on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend? That seems an odd choice, being that so many people go out of town and on holidays that weekend.

Yep I noticed the day change. I like many people will be working and out of town that weekend. So the only way I have a chance, is online at midnight. Good luck to everyone who will be trying, in person and online.

Did anyone notice that the in-store doll release date has been moved to the 28th (Saturday) in the U.S. according to the Disney Store Facebook page? I am so annoyed right now. I work on Saturday mornings and now won't be able to purchase in store. I was wanting to see what the dolls looked like in person before I made my final decision. And also, what the heck is Disney thinking by releasing a doll on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend? That seems an odd choice, being that so many people go out of town and on holidays that weekend.

Whattt??? I hadn't noticed, but that stinks. My cousin's wedding is that Saturday, and although it's local, I can't be camped out at the mall at the crack of dawn that day. :-/ I was willing to take Friday off for the dolls but now I guess I'll take my chances online if I decide for sure that I want them. (I'm wavering ... it's Alice.)

Official Alice Through the Looking Glass LE Dolls!
Release Date: May 30th (in-store), May 31st (online)

Official Alice Through the Looking Glass LE Dolls!
Release Date: May 30th (in-store), May 31st (online)

So now they're releasing the dolls ON Memorial Day. Genius. Doesn't resolve the problem for people who are traveling or who work retail/other jobs that don't have weekends and holidays off, and still allows plenty of convenience for scalpers to just show up and nab some dolls. (The fact that I suspect these will bomb on the secondary market is irrelevant.) It helps me somewhat, since it no longer conflicts with my cousin's wedding, but still ... I don't understand why Disney didn't just leave the doll release on Friday and push the start of sale (their apparent reason for the first date change) to Saturday. I get that sale is a big deal, but people will show up for sale whenever sale starts. Does it ACTUALLY matter to someone if sale starts on Friday or starts on Saturday???? NO. Sale is a "season" that will last until the crap is gone or gets pulled and sent back to the warehouse to make room for new merch. A doll release is an event. You leave the event where it is and stop f*cking with people who are willing to throw crap-tons of $$$ at you for pricey dolls that will *never* go on sale. Plus, their communication on this has been TERRIBLE. There are no banners on the US site so if you don't keep up with blogs or forums, etc, you're going to be standing outside the store on Friday morning and get skunked--which double-sucks if you had to take time off work to do it. OK, I'm done now. Ha.

Thank goodness I'm part of this board, or I wouldn't know. Don't know now if I can try for one, given my schedule. Am feeling like saying am done. And buying what I want from the film collection at the DS instead.

Very nice. I am EQUALLY as excited to see TtLG. Plus, I'm glad I didn't buy the first Burton AiW film. I'm hoping for a box Ser from DMC.

As it applies to these LE dolls, they are beautiful (I am grateful I don't collect them).

That being said, for anyone here, that's wants/NEEDS them, and can't attend, I am offering my pick up services, at cost, plus $10 per set for gas and packaging (if need be). Just drop me a PM.

i just woke up, extremely tired from a concert i went to last night to celebrate end of exams. apart from the initial disappointment and thinking this were another photos of the regular dolls, i am warming up to these. they definitely need to take better photos of their dolls or find someone who can. this is insane. to be fair, i know high quality photos are coming but from past experiences, they also don't even come close.

i will most likely be getting solo alice. the platinum set is not bad looking but the hatter is awful in my opinion and out of all the dolls, i prefer the jakks sculpt and paint job. i really like alice's sculpt though, she looks like mia. red queen is not true to the proportions and i don't like her enough to get the doll. to see the dolls in actual packaging sort of and get better photos than the ones released (cause geez, even those instagram photos show me more), i calmed down a little haha.

sorry to hear you guys are disappointed with the dolls... :c i'll post some more stuff that i found in terms of merchandise a little later.

tumblr_o6emunmr0r1tp9tvoo1_1280.jpg

This is getting ridiculous.
I agree I am glad I am a member here because if I wasn't I would have not known about the two doll date changes. I am still able to go on Monday as I don't have to be at work until 6:00pm that day but it sucks for those that can't go to a store now. I've never seen Disney change a date for a doll release before since I have been collecting does this happen often?

Looking at the dolls in box, I would say that the Red Queen is the best looking one. She has some really nice detail, and I feel like she is going to be the most popular. The Alice doll definitely looks much better when compared to the first pictures, but I still feel like she could have been better overall. Something about her just seems a little off. I still think the platinum set is a joke, especially for that price.

Overall, they are nicer than they looked in the initial pictures with the Red Queen being the highlight, but I still feel like this is one of the weaker waves of dolls we have gotten in the 17" line. That being said, I am interesting in seeing how the Beauty and the Beast dolls turn out.

i wasn't sure about alice at first but looking at the details and high quality photos, i will definitely be getting her. she is beautiful, although the red queen is far superior looking (especially the box).

i've been gone far too long. it's been a hectic couple of months.

thank you for posting your opinions and sharing photos of merchandise. i've come across a few things.

first, the macy's alice through the looking glass clothing collection.
tumblr_o7cbpivtn71v7aevho1_1280.jpg

speaking of clothing lines, here is some outfits from hot topic.
alice-through-the-looking-glass-hot-topic-collection-ftr.jpg

funko minis.
2016-Funko-Alice-Through-the-Looking-Glass-Mystery-Minis-main.jpg

kohl's alice in wonderland tote collection.
2465068_Black_Floral

2465068_Cheshire_Cat

2465068_Red_Queen

2465068_Black_White_Rabbit

there is also a lot of clothing that is part of this line, highly recommend looking through all the patterns if it interests you.
2456026_Happy_Hearts_B

pvc figurines from diamond select (not sure what these are)
AlicePVC-286x400.jpg
HatterPVC-247x400.jpg

and this book, which apparently has a lot of spoilers?
1484729609.jpg

that's it so far. i think i'm forgetting a couple of things but perhaps not. i've heard nothing but good things about the limited edition urban decay palette but will probably be getting it later on.

and this book, which apparently has a lot of spoilers?
1484729609.jpg

that's it so far. i think i'm forgetting a couple of things but perhaps not. i've heard nothing but good things about the limited edition urban decay palette but will probably be getting it later on.

I've seen this one but haven't gotten it. It looks like fun, but yes, it's going to give away some or all of the plot, so I'd avoid it until you see the movie if spoilers really bother you. There's also a novelization of the movie; both came out last month, I think.

There is also an accessories collection from Call It Spring (I'm not going to lie, I had never heard of Call It Spring until I saw pix of this collection--I really don't browse the mall anymore, apparently):

http://www.callitspring.com/us/en_US/women/disney-collection/c/7112

(Sorry ... I got home from a business trip late last night and I'm not functional enough to grap a screencap of the goods!)

Thanks for the merch round up. I have "A Matter Of Time", each section (chracter) has different colored pages. Some are printed backwards, in relation to the others. Nice illustrations, gave it just a glance as I don't want to spoil the film.

Seeing the LE dolls in better photographs, the Red Queen is better. But Alice is my favorite chracter and I adore that outfit.

Already own the DS Cheshire Cat bag, but I'm tempted by one of the Khol's ones.

I know it's really more classic Alice than Looking Glass, but the release of the Wonderland collection of Harvey's bags is clearly timed to coincide with the film.

http://shopharveys.com/disney/

Note that this collection (which sold out upon release this morning but *might* get a restock at some point in the future - which is why they're all listed as "pre-sale" just in case more come back in) is only available through Harvey's or their associated retailers and will not be sold at Disney parks.

I went to the release yesterday and got the Cheshire backpack, but it's bigger than I expected and I may not keep it. Have left it in the bag/packaging while I'm deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back