• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Am I Doing Something Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I Doing Something Wrong?

IsaacandAmanda

The Princess and her Frog
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So about a month ago we recieved a TA for our Toontown Post Office pin in trade for a WDI Sorcerer Hat With Bag Al as the New Year Baby. We didnt reply because we couldnt find the pin, but found it last week and replied to the request. We apologized for the late reply and she said it was all right and said she would be interested in trading and also asked if we were new traders because she didnt find any references under our email address. We replied that we were new traders and have had no luck in making a PinPics trade yet andthat we would love to trade. After we sent that email reply, weve yet to hear a response. For the record when we replied the first time, she replied right back within the same day.

Are we doing something wrong? Are people judgemental to new traders and back down from a trade? We told her we know how online trades work in a follow up email. And the other day we asked if she would let us know if were still trading with her. ZShould we be patient and wait? Or move on to the nezt request? Or what?

Did you check to see if that person has any references? It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong and if they have been trading for a while they will just ask you to send your pin first. In my opinion I think you should email the person back and give them like two days to respond. If they don't respond then move on to the next request.

Some people (including myself) might proceed with a little caution if a person has no references. Do not take it personal. You can always offer to send out your pin first if that is more comfortable for the other party. Best of luck :)

Yeah that's a good idea.

Thing is though everyone is new at trading when they first start so you will start out with no references just like they did at one point. It just depends on how trusting of a person they are.

If you have a eBay account you can tell them what your name is on that and if you have a good feedback score on there maybe?

What about getting a 3rd party involved?

Say find a trader, or mod on the board with a very very high feedback score..... Both traders send that person their pins. The mod or 3rd party person verifies they are both not fakes, and sends them to the people to complete the trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back