• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Amazing Pin Buying Idea!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing Pin Buying Idea!!!

KyloRenCollector

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I was sitting in my room yesterday super bored and all of the sudden I had an idea that could change pin trading.

What if we had like a virtual magazine where you could view a bunch of different pins? Listed there could be the prices of different pins, and you could like order through the magazine.

I'm currently working on this magazine, so if you want a pin of yours inside please fill out the form and PM me.

Pin
Price
Picture
Proof of authenticity

Okay so I was sitting in my room yesterday super bored and all of the sudden I had an idea that could change pin trading.

What if we had like a virtual magazine where you could view a bunch of different pins? Listed there could be the prices of different pins, and you could like order through the magazine.

I'm currently working on this magazine, so if you want a pin of yours inside please fill out the form and PM me.

Pin
Price
Picture
Proof of authenticity
So this would not really be trading but an outlet for Guests to purchase pins another has offered up for sale? I think most would still prefer to use the forums here for that but I could be wrong. Nice idea, though.

auto trader for pins?

nice idea but I think with all the forums, pinpics, facebook groups, pintrest, instagram etc.. people are able to find plenty of the pins they are looking to trade or purchase without any issue.

Okay maybe I should explain this better.
This is a pin-buying magazine. Yes, you can find all the pins online with the URL given. But instead of spending several hours walking around the internet you can find it in a few minutes here. Plus you can buy it on-source for a fee that I would use mainly to keep the company running.
If you guys think it's a bad idea I can stop it here, no point making a product for an uninterested audience.

I can see what you're saying , however I don't see it catching on .
If you're talking about linking to online stores that sell them , there aren't enough selling pins at reasonable prices to make it worthwhile , far too many are resellers who put big markups on their stock to cover costs . For example a recent PODH is up on one for $70 plus postage , it originally cost $20 and I could get the exact same pin from eBay for $30 by doing a quick word search .
If you were thinking of linking to auction sites then the links are going to expire as fast as you can add them , this seems like a full time job to me .
I do applaud your efforts to improve the hobby but I just don't see this working in the form you mentioned , sorry .

Okay maybe I should explain this better.
This is a pin-buying magazine. Yes, you can find all the pins online with the URL given. But instead of spending several hours walking around the internet you can find it in a few minutes here. Plus you can buy it on-source for a fee that I would use mainly to keep the company running.
If you guys think it's a bad idea I can stop it here, no point making a product for an uninterested audience.
It's a great idea, but social media will rule it out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back