• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Amazing trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing trade

Pin Pal

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
img0176xd.jpg

Pin 50913

I was at the park this last weekend and came up on this LE 50 Donald pin! A lady and her son came to thumb through my book and found a NBC pin she fell in love with. She went on to tell me that she has never traded pins before, but made a lanyard from her mom's old collection. All she had were a bunch of hidden Mickeys, and then this Donald pin. I do not collect Donald, but I decided to humor her and at least examine the pin before politely declining.

To my surprise, I read LE 50! I am an honest trader, so I immediately told her that she has an extremely rare pin, and that she should hang on to it. Telling her this had the opposite effect. She found this as even more of a reason for me to trade her the pin she wanted. I tried to turn her down, but she would not take no for an answer. I finally accepted and had her pick a second pin to make me feel better about it. While she was looking, I had 3 or 4 other traders examine the pin. We all agreed that it is definitely real. Her mom purchased this as part of a framed set that she decided to take out of the frame and wear on her lanyard :p

Last edited:
Whoa, that is an amazing trade! Awesome of you to offer more than just the pin she wanted, though I'm sure she was still just thrilled to get the one that caught her eye. Neat story. ^_^

Wanna trade for it? I do collect Donald!! He is the man....er, the duck!!

Thanks, but I think I am going to hang on to this for events. As a newer trader, it's really hard to find good pins that get me what I want at the major events. I remember seeing a guy walking from table to table with a huge book asking if anyone had Donald pins. He had a section with nothing but Jessica Rabbit. I hope I run into someone like that again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back