• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Ambitious BT seller on EBay!? Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ambitious BT seller on EBay!? Haha
You scared me there for a minute Nathan. Thought you were serious until I got to the rest of your post. I still haven't been able to add that pin to my Marquee collection. I wouldn't see the movie so I just can't bring myself to get the pin.

I did shell out big bucks for the Wall-E pin, but fortunately I was able to mostly use money given to me for my birthday so I didn't have to break my budget. So it was a happy birthday to me gift. Now if I can only get that stupid Oliver and Company marquee I'd be satisfied. (OK, who am I kidding. I won't be satisfied until I complete the collection, but getting Oliver and Company would make me feel a lot better.)

I haven't acquired a marquee on my wants list in over 3 months. I did a trade for one a few weeks ago and the pin got lost in the mail so I'm back to nill for 90 days. I have about given up on any new ones until either old collectors die and their collections get sold off or I break into the DSF managers office and steal their book of "extra" pins. 6 per marquee supposedly. (Only kidding, and hopefully no one dies.) I'm seriously contemplating selling my entire marquee collection and just use the money for some awesome experience in Europe when we go next year.

It seems like the only way people are going to get the grails (Tangled, Wall-E, Up and Enchanted) is if they dish out the money for them

Or wait for all of this ridiculousness to subside. There is no way that after 12 years, and 70,000+ those pins are going to be the end all and be all of Disney pin collecting. It may look like it through this tiny snapshot of time, but give it a few years, or a decade and we'll see how solid the market stays.

You scared me there for a minute Nathan. Thought you were serious until I got to the rest of your post. I still haven't been able to add that pin to my Marquee collection. I wouldn't see the movie so I just can't bring myself to get the pin.

I did shell out big bucks for the Wall-E pin, but fortunately I was able to mostly use money given to me for my birthday so I didn't have to break my budget. So it was a happy birthday to me gift. Now if I can only get that stupid Oliver and Company marquee I'd be satisfied. (OK, who am I kidding. I won't be satisfied until I complete the collection, but getting Oliver and Company would make me feel a lot better.)

You don't have Mars Needs Mom? I'm surprised. That's great that you got the Wall-E marquee, that one would've given you the most trouble. Oliver and company is one of the last 13 that I need and I had it at one point :(

I haven't acquired a marquee on my wants list in over 3 months. I did a trade for one a few weeks ago and the pin got lost in the mail so I'm back to nill for 90 days. I have about given up on any new ones until either old collectors die and their collections get sold off or I break into the DSF managers office and steal their book of "extra" pins. 6 per marquee supposedly. (Only kidding, and hopefully no one dies.) I'm seriously contemplating selling my entire marquee collection and just use the money for some awesome experience in Europe when we go next year.

See this is my point. This is your collection. You're big thing, and you're on the brink of chucking it all due to the current state of affairs. That is not a recipe for long term sustainability of a market. If someone like you won't stick with it, why would anyone else, other the very rich, the very insane, or the very, very, patient? No market, no big $$$.

You don't have Mars Needs Mom? I'm surprised. That's great that you got the Wall-E marquee, that one would've given you the most trouble. Oliver and company is one of the last 13 that I need and I had it at one point :(

I just can't bring myself to get it. Since I'm not a completist in this collection, I don't feel the need to have it....yet. I've only got 9 pins to go before I consider my set complete (this does not count the upcoming Monsters Inc. marquee which I will of course add). But the prices on Ebay for them are just unrealistic and when I send out trade requests I don't even get answers. So my prospects are getting limited to increase my collection. I'm willing to pay a higher price for Oliver, Dumbo and Robinsons, (by that though, I mean around the $100 mark. Anything more is not in reality). All the rest are not that high in value in my opinion.

I believe the Marquees are coming back down in price as the people willing to pay the crazy high prices are now done buying their set and the demand has dropped. People who are setting these high BIN prices are not selling the pins, but those that allow bidding to set the price still sell but at a much lower rate (for the most part).

I guess we just have to wait until the sellers realize the marquees are no longer made of gold and move on to the next "hot" set (which I believe is the PODM pins).

I just can't bring myself to get it. Since I'm not a completist in this collection, I don't feel the need to have it....yet. I've only got 9 pins to go before I consider my set complete (this does not count the upcoming Monsters Inc. marquee which I will of course add). But the prices on Ebay for them are just unrealistic and when I send out trade requests I don't even get answers. So my prospects are getting limited to increase my collection. I'm willing to pay a higher price for Oliver, Dumbo and Robinsons, (by that though, I mean around the $100 mark. Anything more is not in reality). All the rest are not that high in value in my opinion.

I believe the Marquees are coming back down in price as the people willing to pay the crazy high prices are now done buying their set and the demand has dropped. People who are setting these high BIN prices are not selling the pins, but those that allow bidding to set the price still sell but at a much lower rate (for the most part).

I guess we just have to wait until the sellers realize the marquees are no longer made of gold and move on to the next "hot" set (which I believe is the PODM pins).

You're totally right the reason why the craze started because people saw what The Avengers and Brave did right out the gate. Now that the newer ones aren't selling for crap the demand hasn't been that high price wise. Like Tron just ended for around $60 in an auction that was doing around $100 a little while ago. Same thing with the first Beauty and the Beast it just did $66 in an auction and that too was doing around $100 not too long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back