• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

An idea to help promote more trades...

Status
Not open for further replies.
An idea to help promote more trades...

dis22

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
177   0   0
Hello- This is a response to the post regarding lack of pinpics replies to offers. Here's an idea to help promote some trading. Please post pins that you feel are of $20-$40 value that you have FOR TRADE. You may also post pins that you're looking to trade for that are also valued between $20-$40. Keep checking the post to see if you can match up for a trade...it may be a 3 way trade or more. Any suggestions to better this thread would be appreciated. Thanks- Jason

I have these for TRADE

6524 DLR Cast member trash can small world
6566 DLR Cast member trash can toontown
6567 DLR Cast member trash can fantasyland
75252 10 years of disney pin trading mystery daisy all gold
77651 wdw pin trading night pirates
79622 disneystore tiki mickey
79625 disneystore tiki louis
80326 wdw pin trading night haunted
82535 disneystore kaleidoscope jiminy

I'm looking to get some of the more recent disneystore/disney shopping jessica dressed as pins.

I'm gathering with over 40 people looking at this thread and nobody posting any pins that this was a terrible idea :). No worries :).

I have one maybe two pins that would break the $20 value mark, so I can't participate. Maybe a better option would be for people to post pins but group them into value ranges, like sales posts. I have a lot of open edition pins and some LE pins that I would love to trade if someone wants them, but they aren't valuable enough to go in this thread as it is currently set up.

I think it is worth a shot so I'll throw some up. $20-$40 is a pretty wide range though so people will have to keep that in mind. We could easily encounter 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 deals.

Since not a whole lot of people have my wants I just put up some pins that I wouldn't mind trading for traders for now.

Last edited:
My point to this thread is that we have threads saying what people want, but we don't have threads saying what people have. I understand that we can have several threads...$5-$10 pins, $10-$15 pins, $75-$100 pins, etc.. This was just a start. Pinpics is a great tool, but we all have great pins that don't seem to match up on pinpics for other great pins that we want. As an example, this is a way for Joe to see a pin that he wants from Sam...Sam sees a pin that he wants from Carol...and Carol sees a pin that she wants from Joe...there you have it...a 3 way trade completed! I know that the $ amount is subjective, but I'm sure most of us have a ballpark idea of what our pins would sell for on the forum or on ebay.

I have such a hard time getting pics to work or I would jump in :(

In the response window do you see that little A/A icon? You first need to click on that. Then jump over to Pinpics in a different tab or browser window and bring up your trades list. In the top right corner of the dark purple header section where it says "View" click on the icon with all of the little squares. This will change your view to thumbnails. Use your mouse to highlight the pin you want to post and then on your keyboard hold down the Ctrl button and hit the letter C (Ctrl+C - copy). Come back to your post and click in the body and hold down the Ctrl button again and hit V (Ctrl+V - paste). You should now see the picture of your pin in the posting window.

I was one of the viewers who hadn't jumped in yet- needed some time to pull out the right pins...

pin30719th72
pin47982th72
pin58681th72
pin70049th72
pin72788th72
pin73666th72
pin73667th72
pin73669th72

I'm gathering with over 40 people looking at this thread and nobody posting any pins that this was a terrible idea :). No worries :).
I account for one or two of those views, and I just want to say that I think this is a GREAT idea!

The reason that I haven't posted mine, is that unfortunately, I don't know if any of my traders fit into this category at this time. But I'll definitely keep my eye on the thread and add to it when I can, as I've already seen a pin that is high on my wants list!

What about us traders who trade for fun? Are we left in the dust? On top of having to compair a pin for trade, I gotta search for it on ebay & decide weather or not its a fair trade but now I would have to look at anothers take on my pins value? Am I the only one who feels thats too much work to do for a single trade?.

I trade much differant than most, sorry guys/gals. I look at 2 most important things, LE & do I want the pin. Everything else is just a "hummmm... let me think" I just don't get the facination of taking a hobby & creating an income out of it. When I want a pin it's because I like it not "will it better the value of my collection" so am I just missing the point here or am I spot on?

Grumpy we all trade for fun, but I think we all have pins in our traders that we'd only trade for certain pins. Whatever "value" we put on them, some have more "value" than others. An example would be say I had an le 300 pin that you wanted with a trade ratio of 20 people trading and 20 people wanting. I'm sure that you wouldn't trade an le 500 pin for it that had a ratio of 10 people trading and 150 people wanting. Without even thinking about $, the le 500 pin has more "value" even though by edition size the trade would be in your favor. The "how much do I want the pin" factor is your "value" placement...it doesn't have to have anything to do about $. Out of my 250 traders I'd say around 200 of them I'd just trade to help somebody out as long as I was getting fair "value" back and a multi trade could be reached to offset the higher cost of shipping. Maybe we should start a thread titled "pins to trade for fun"?

Thank you dis, that's what I needed to hear that I wasn't the only one who likes to trade that way. I do not want to put more work into a hobby I already spend a ton of time doing. I trade just as you posted, for a minute I was afraid pins were going further south than they already have thanks to the scrapper market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back