And we are officially booked!! Birthday/Easter 2019 in Paris!

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Spr175psu, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

[​IMG]

So I just went ahead and ignored all of the parts of my brain that focus on being spendthrifty and not being frivolous, which I have done for years and years and years (do I even have such a part of my brain??) and booked a birthday trip in Disneyland Paris over my daughter's spring break, which also happens to fall around my birthday and Easter.

[​IMG]

For everyone keeping score, I'm looking at you, @watzshakinbacon,

[​IMG]

that will be all Disney parks in the world in a span of 12 months (11 to be precise) and my daughter achieves my wife's and my bucket list item at the ripe old age of 6.

[​IMG]

Anyway, we're staying 3 nights in Paris (possibly Versailles since that is a must-do and oddly enough, cheaper) and then 4 nights at Newport Bay. It'll be over Easter weekend so I'm expecting massive crowds, but with 4 days, I think we'll be fine.

And...

Wait for it...

Birthday lunch at Toad Hall!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As soon as I saw that you can eat at Toad Hall, I tried to make this trip feasible. It immediately became a bucket list item.

Toad Hall, Easter brunch at Innoventions, and Buffalo Bill's are all that is set in stone, so please suggest any other must-dos. There's just so much to do there and I want to do them all!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Ajk, CanaDaLE, Tokaji and 7 others like this.
  2. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    287   0   0

Whoa, congrats!

3. AshleyV

AshleyV Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

That's SO EXCITING! Stoked for you!!

4. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

5. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    389   0   0

Living the dream! Yay! Happy for you guys!:daisy:

6. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    115   0   0

Wow....sounds amazing!!! Have a great time

7. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0

Wow, that's TOAD-HALL-Y impressive!! Have a great time!!

[​IMG]

P.S. Your daughter is so lucky!!

Ajk likes this.
  8. TinyTink

TinyTink Africa-The Real Animal Kingdom DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Bravo; DLRP is a great gem and very doable for your young daughter. Y'all are sure to LOVE your visit...and Toad Hall...who knew???

9. Spr175psu

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

Leaving tomorrow!!!! First stop: 2 days in Paris and then 1 in Versailles. Then completing the 6 parks in under a year trek on my birthday on Saturday and hopefully celebrating with some Eleonore Bridge pins!! And Toad Hall recently re-opened so I think we'll be fine. Unfortunately Walt's will be closed so it'll be birthday lunch at Toad Hall and birthday dinner at Silver Spur.

Oh, and Happy Tax Day everyone!

[​IMG]

Sorry, I had to slip that in!

[​IMG]

10. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins The Llama Lady (aka Alpaca Ann)

Rating - 100%
    91   0   0

BON VOYAGE! And early happy birthday! :)

Spr175psu likes this.
  11. MischiefMade

MischiefMade Ghost Dog Trainer

0   0   0

Bon Voyage and have a great trip! Additionally Happy Early Birthday! May all your wishes and dreams come true!

Spr175psu likes this.
  12. Shelterkat

Rating - 100%
    389   0   0

I can't wait to see pix of Toad Hall!

Spr175psu likes this.
  13. Spr175psu

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

There's going to be so many pics! And I even made a Toad birthday button, got Mr. Toad birthday ears, and my wife made me a Mr. Toad shirt for the occasion. It's going to be weird entering a quick service like some crazy fanboy. Oh and I also found a Mr. Toad Easter Egg that I will be taking around the park like my own make-shift Mr. Toad egg-stravaganza.

14. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins The Llama Lady (aka Alpaca Ann)

Rating - 100%
    91   0   0

Let me give you some unsolicited advice :D : The older you get, the more essential it is to cling to your inner 7-year-old. So you just fanboy it up, baby!!!!!

And make sure your wife gets plenty of pix.

15. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

Well, I guess you shouldn't put Notre Dame on your list of Paris tourism...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MischiefMade likes this.
  16. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    125   0   0

Whoa.. INDEED. How totally awesome for you all.

We'll be looking forward to PICTURES!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

17. DisneyJ

DisneyJ RIP Jack

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Absolutely tragic.

MischiefMade and Tokaji like this.
  18. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

Agreed

19. akarih

akarih Meme Lord

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Too soon

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

20. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0

Enjoy your trip! I love the city (as much as anyone can who’s only been there a day, but it infects you!) please take pictures everywhere you go, even at Notre Dame. It is history you’ll see, smokey as it is.

And for your daughter if she’s into this stuff (and you, cuz cracked lips are no joke) the Avene lip balm. When i was there I realized I had forgotten some lip balm and when this tropical bird is taken out of 90% humidity my lips crack like no one’s business. I found this brand at a pharmacy in Paris and I’m in love with it. I’m nursing my tube of it to last another year. Yeah. Had to share. It’s that awesome of a product and I have never seen it State side for a reasonable price.

Gosh I’m jealous! I haven’t been on a good trip in a year or two, pack me in the carry on! I think i can squish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FoolishMortal71 and Spr175psu like this.
  21. Spr175psu

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

I red eyed in and don’t know why I’m still awake. Already did a macaron tour and did 3 hours at the louvre with the most knowledgeable tour guide I’ve ever had.

Another day of touring Paris ahead of us before switching over to my wife’s ultimate bucket list item: going to Versailles.

[​IMG]

This is just a sample of the most amazing macarons and pastries I ever had! Probably will be gaining 30 pounds this week but totally worth it!

[​IMG]

Oh and as far as I’m concerned, Notre Dame is just as beautiful as ever and will only look even more spectacular when it is fully restored.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They won’t let us get on the island just yet so the pictures are farther away.

And of course, it’s always nice to spot a little disney outside of the parks. This picture was taken outside the louvre.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 1:28 PM
  22. Spr175psu

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

This city is incredible. I don’t think anything will ever top Tokyo but the architecture is just something I’ve never seen before. I tried going to the pharmacy today but they were already closed :( I’m not as concerned with the humidity adjustment since the weather right now is very comparable to DC. I should probably go to sleep now. I’ve been awake for about 36 hours and counting.

Shelterkat and FoolishMortal71 like this.
  23. akarih

akarih Meme Lord

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

36 hours?! Last time I did that was my trip back from Israel to CO and that's including the 10 hour Dulles layover. I was in paris just a few years ago and we had the most wonderful time! The only drawback was the hotel, however well located, was also right next to a carnival. We spent only 30 minutes in the Louvre. We saw the Mona Lisa and got out because it was summer and there's no AC!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Spr175psu likes this.
  24. Shelterkat

Rating - 100%
    389   0   0

Vacation Adrenaline is wonderful, isn't it?:D

Spr175psu likes this.
  25. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0

So it begins!! Can’t wait to see more pics! Have a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spr175psu likes this.