• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! Animation Celebration Co-op

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD! Animation Celebration Co-op

xdattax

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
14542307_1295828717135228_2633710075876935308_o.jpg

14481791_1295829150468518_7093738765459688820_o.jpg

14524424_1295829153801851_3556822616176801795_o.jpg

14468772_1295829147135185_7666871607142602515_o.jpg

14500321_1295829230468510_5937706187800030446_o.jpg

14480472_1295829347135165_7538574262997028579_o.jpg

I we can get enough people we can sponsor someone to go and pick up the pins we all want! I propose buying a Trading Package at $120.00 and add on the Marquees and both sets of Paint brushes for a total of $420. Sales tax appears to be 9% so we're up to $458. Shipping won't be too terrible, but I figure if I get them all shipped to me it'll be about $10-$15, as I'd request insurance. We will have all the Marquees, the Paintbrushes, one Trading day pin, and one PTD. The PTD we can value at $17.50, the rest would be split equally of what's left. As for shipping to the new pin owners, I can turn them around, probably for $3 for the first pin and a $1 for additional pin (more seasoned pin shippers, does this sound right?). Tracking included of course.

We will use use the numbers Starry_Solo was kind enough to provide us. As of right now we are good for the Marquees, but need 2 more on each brush set to get those to go.

As as of 5:37pm EST. we are full (though note, there are two up for grabs paint brushes if you want those).

So we have the following up for grabs:

Trading Event Pin- for the person we're sponsoring

The Little Mermaid- xdattax PAID
The Princess and the Frog- xdattax PAID
Aladdin- Speedwaystar1 PAID
The Great Mouse Detective- xdattax PAID
Hercules- Catgil PAID
Treasure Planet- Disneykins PAID

Ursula- Catgil/ backup: chubs191
Grumpy and Dopey- trjessie579 PAID
Gus and Jacque- Kiragigi PAID
Cheshire Cat and White Rabbit- tsuki PAID

Genie- trjessie579 PAID
Three Fairies- Disneykins PAID
Timothy- Kiragigi PAID
Flower and Thumper- trjessie579 PAID

PTD- for the person we're sponsoring

Last edited:
Put me down for the Aladdin Marquee and the Cheshire Cat / White Rabbit combo .
I'm in the UK but I'm sure I can arrange a U.S.address to keep postage costs down for you :)

Also, you're going to want to take out the value of the PTD pin for the voucher.

It usually can't be used for a few days after the event so that should go to whoever is sponsored. That is, assuming the person makes it back to DSSH in time.

Hmmm, I would like White Rabbit/Cheshire but see I am in third in line. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLM marquee, GMD marquee, PATF marquee for starry_solo

Also, you're going to want to take out the value of the PTD pin for the voucher.

It usually can't be used for a few days after the event so that should go to whoever is sponsored. That is, assuming the person makes it back to DSSH in time.

Oh and shipping and insurance is $25-30, assuming it's 2 pounds with all the packaging.

Plus PayPal fee?

So I put you down for TGMD, but as backup for TLM and PATF, since those are the two I want. I understand it's actually Starry_Solo who wants them though?

I was just spitballing shipping, it might end up being more, I'm not sure. I was hoping perhaps they could all fit into a "if it fits it ships" small box, though I'm not really sure how big of a presentation they will be. Probably they could go into the medium "it fits it ships" box and we'd get shipping and insurance for about $18.

The PTD, well, I figured who ever wants it could get with the sponsor, especially if that person is a local to DSF, but if everyone agrees to let the sponsor have it it would just raise the pin price about 2 dollars and change.

I wasn't sure if it was good form or not to mention the paypal fee. I should hope everyone would be kind enough to include it, but thank you for reminding me. What percentage is it? I imagine 2 or 3 dollars should cover it, per order.

Of course, this is a new thing for me and I want to do right by everyone so we can all get our pins. :)

I wasn't sure if it was good form or not to mention the paypal fee. I should hope everyone would be kind enough to include it, but thank you for reminding me. What percentage is it? I imagine 2 or 3 dollars should cover it, per order.

Paypal takes 30 cents, plus an extra 2.9 percent. So not too terrible.

No tax on registration, they only add tax to the pins purchased
9% tax, 3% PayPal, $3 shipping within the U.S. with tracking

Last edited:
For PayPal: You're going to have to add 6% to the cost, because people are going to pay you as goods and you would pay whomever you sponsor as goods.

Also, the numbers seem off. It looks like you're adding the total amount and dividing it by the number of pins, but the pin costs are different.

6 marquees @ $149.95+9% tax = $163.45/6 pins = $27.24 per pin
4 paint brush pins (set #1) @ $74.95+9% tax = $81.70/4 pins = $20.42 per pin
4 paint brush pins (set #2) @ $74.95+9% tax = $81.70/4 pins = $20.42 per pin

Also, the sponsorship fee of $120 should probably be divided with at least 50-75% of the sponsorship fee going to the marquees, assuming you are able to fill the paint brush sets. There should probably be a different allocation per marquee based on popularity, as I have seen them priced from high to low as follows (on Facebook, not looking at ebay as whoever has listed them up wants to make enough money to buy an annual pass, lol):

1. The Little Mermaid (I have seen people asking $70-150 for this one)
2. Hercules (I have seen people asking $60-70 for this)
3&4. PATF / Aladdin (I have seen people asking for $50-60 each) - although Aladdin is sometimes priced between PATF and Hercules
5&6. Treasure Planet / Great Mouse Detective (these are the cheapest at about $40 each).

So, assuming $80 goes to the marquees, the split should probably be:
1. TLM: $22.50
2. Hercules: $17.50
3&4. PATF/Aladdin: $15 each
5&6. TP/GMD: $5 each

Paint Brush set, $5 each x 8 = $40

Postage costs in a medium flat rate box with insurance and signature confirmation for $500 (signature confirmation is required for PayPal purchases over $250/300) will cost another $23-25. It's for $500 because the post office does insurance in $50 increments.

The PTD would go to whomever is sponsored, there is no cost associated with that and the value of the PTD shouldn't be deducted from the sponsorship.

The PTE pin could probably be sold for $20.

The paint brush set is iffy as to whether either will fill up. DSSH did a good job in splitting up the popular characters between both sets so if it doesn't go through, you would have to split the sponsorship fee up amongst the 6 marquees and sell the PTE pin for $20, leaving only $100 to be split up amongst the 6 marquees.

@ $100 ($120 minus $20 to sell the PTE pin for):
1. TLM: $27.50
2. Hercules: $22.50
3&4. PATF/Aladdin: $17.50 each
5&6. TP/GMD: $7.50 each

Then, add postage to each individual person + PayPal fee will be at least $3 per person, assuming you are only going to do tracked mail and not insured. If you want it insured, add another $3, making it $6 per person.

Wow. I just tried to split everything evenly, but if everyone is ok with those numbers I'm fine with it. Like I said, I've never tried to organize something so big, and I'm grateful for the advice. :). I have someone who's happy to do it, they want the event pin and ptd.

Thank god for math ppl! If we are using Starry Solo's numbers I'll sign up for paintbrush Timothy and Gus and Jaq.

Thank you, starry_solo! I was wondering about the split but I've never done anything like this before so wasn't sure.

How long do we have before we have to decide things? If we need to have each pin accounted for, you could put me up as a "backup" on the paintbrush pins no one wants yet. If we can't find someone else to claim them by the deadline, I'll get them so we can make the deal work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back