• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

another forum sprouted

Status
Not open for further replies.
another forum sprouted
I love this and have only been ehre a few days I will probably join pinpics anyway as well Can someone tell me how I more the 750 references I have on dizpins please

Jacqui

I will stay here also, many weeks ago there was a thread with some great ideas about upgrading Pinpics....I wish they would spend time upgrading Pinpics rather than starting a new venture. I hate to admit it because I realize I use Pinpics as a free service but when I saw the "iTrader" tab on this forum for the first time I thought that DPF was adding a Disney pin database that would have a contemporary look and advanced function just like the forum and was excited about the possibilities.

Im going to be staying here, I can see that being dizpins just re-named to pinpics and not on Yuku if Im honest, as the mods there are the same from Dizpins from the looks of thinks so guessing its going to be strict...

besides why leave a forum where you can use EBAY!!! lol

I will stay here also, many weeks ago there was a thread with some great ideas about upgrading Pinpics....I wish they would spend time upgrading Pinpics rather than starting a new venture. I hate to admit it because I realize I use Pinpics as a free service but when I saw the "iTrader" tab on this forum for the first time I thought that DPF was adding a Disney pin database that would have a contemporary look and advanced function just like the forum and was excited about the possibilities.
This is actually something we have thought a lot about, however adding the massive amount of pins would require users (and ourself) to input all that data, which we are not entirely sure many will want to do.

I like the polished professional clean look of this forum, the fan service, and the friendly moderators, so I'd prefer to make this Home Base. But I will probably join other forums just to visit them.

One question: I use two email addresses for my PinPics/DizPins references. Is it possible to set up the reference link here so that people can see both sets of references?

I like the polished professional clean look of this forum, the fan service, and the friendly moderators, so I'd prefer to make this Home Base. But I will probably join other forums just to visit them.

One question: I use two email addresses for my PinPics/DizPins references. Is it possible to set up the reference link here so that people can see both sets of references?
Of course! anything is possible, however we would like to keep the clean, uncluttered layout of the forums so as of now, we will only be allowing one e-mail for the dizpins reference center link.

I don't know that I'd say the Disney pin community ever was 'close.'

I agree that not everyone may be close to everyone else, but many traders know each other by name, see each other on a regular basis, and know a lot about one another. One thing that used to bother me about dizpins (and I don't mean to offend anyone) was that some people there would ignore other members. I would go onto the that and try to talk to some of them, and I would be ignored while they talked to each other about what their kids were doing in school (or something random like that). I may be the only one who ever felt like that. That kind of pushed me away from dizpins. When I came here, people actually spoke to me and held conversations, posted on my threads and even joined my group! I was amazed and I felt welcomed. When I saw that people were going to other groups, I was afraid that the people with whom I had conversations with would disappear and I would sink back into the corner and go back to the way I was at Dizpins. (Of course that fear is gone now. Everyone here is great!)

I know how much work goes into the creation of a site/forum (I'm in the process of creating one myself) and I know how much time it takes to map it out and to actually build it. The one thing that scared me (not so much anymore as I have had discussions about this with many people since my last post here) was that information was going to be lost. Ex: that information about scrappers would only appear on one site and that the rest of us would not know about it because the site with the information would not share it. I know this won't happen. But it was a fear of mine. I am glad that people are putting in the time and effort to create these forums. I know how much work goes into them, and everyone has a right to start one up. And yes, I'm sure it will take awhile for us to see how the pin forum landscape looks like. It is a very exciting time and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

I am very happy here at DSF and I hope to grow along with it.

Last edited:
I felt like that when I was on dizpins as when I first used chat it was kind of like no one would talk to me at first and just chat among themselves even if I would comment..

I found that people would comment on my threads, talk to me in chat was when I started showing my UP collection and in my opinion it was then they took me for a serious trader/collector as I had every UP pin out and they were rare. I could of been wrong but thats how I felt.

Im not saying everyone I met from dizpins where like that just felt that way to me..as I was new and not that experienced in trading etc so felt no one had time for me lol

but oh well them times have changed and Ive made many friends from dizpins and hope to make more here and least I dont feel shunned aside on this forum hahaha

I agree that not everyone may be close to everyone else, but many traders know each other by name, see each other on a regular basis, and know a lot about one another. One thing that used to bother me about dizpins (and I don't mean to offend anyone) was that some people there would ignore other members. I would go onto the that and try to talk to some of them, and I would be ignored while they talked to each other about what their kids were doing in school (or something random like that). I may be the only one who ever felt like that. That kind of pushed me away from dizpins. When I came here, people actually spoke to me and held conversations, posted on my threads and even joined my group! I was amazed and I felt welcomed. When I saw that people were going to other groups, I was afraid that the people with whom I had conversations with would disappear and I would sink back into the corner and go back to the way I was at Dizpins. (Of course that fear is gone now. Everyone here is great!)

I know how much work goes into the creation of a site/forum (I'm in the process of creating one myself) and I know how much time it takes to map it out and to actually build it. The one thing that scared me (not so much anymore as I have had discussions about this with many people since my last post here) was that information was going to be lost. Ex: that information about scrappers would only appear on one site and that the rest of us would not know about it because the site with the information would not share it. I know this won't happen. But it was a fear of mine. I am glad that people are putting in the time and effort to create these forums. I know how much work goes into them, and everyone has a right to start one up. And yes, I'm sure it will take awhile for us to see how the pin forum landscape looks like. It is a very exciting time and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

I am very happy here at DSF and I hope to grow along with it.

I felt like that when I was on dizpins as when I first used chat it was kind of like no one would talk to me at first and just chat among themselves even if I would comment..

I found that people would comment on my threads, talk to me in chat was when I started showing my UP collection and in my opinion it was then they took me for a serious trader/collector as I had every UP pin out and they were rare. I could of been wrong but thats how I felt.

Im not saying everyone I met from dizpins where like that just felt that way to me..as I was new and not that experienced in trading etc so felt no one had time for me lol

but oh well them times have changed and Ive made many friends from dizpins and hope to make more here and least I dont feel shunned aside on this forum hahaha

Well when i first went on dizpins i didnt go into chat as i didnt know anyone then. as i posted here and there and met some people at ptns and trading at dtd (way back when) i got to know the people behind the "names". alot of people wont chat alot if they dont know you. it takes time. there are also some people that if you arent a friend they wont give the time of day, sad but true. I find in order to chat you need something in common to chat about or the chat is little and akward. Just be patient and it will come and the chat will flow. Such is life!

Like I said before, This is my home and I fully endorse it. I know that it is currently and will continue to be the best run website for the pin community. Check out the other site if you are unsure and you will end up realizing how awesome this site is and that you are a member of the best forum available for Disney Pins

This site right now offers more features than the other one does, and probably will always, as I do not think that one will have trading/selling forums, Co-Op forums, etc, as that would go against the nature of their main site.

It does suck that other forums keep popping up but I think that the best site will prevail over the others (this site IMO :bigthumb:). I also feel like this site is run in such a way that is so inviting. Before, on Dizpins, I only ever really lurked, only posting once in awhile. Here, its so easy to get involved, with enough varied topics and no unnecessary censorship.

It does suck that other forums keep popping up but I think that the best site will prevail over the others (this site IMO :bigthumb:). I also feel like this site is run in such a way that is so inviting. Before, on Dizpins, I only ever really lurked, only posting once in awhile. Here, its so easy to get involved, with enough varied topics and no unnecessary censorship.

:wiggle::hug::wavey:

I joined other forums, but this is where I stay and do all my input. This feels more like "home" to me so I'm staying put. I'm working to get others to move here. This is a wonderful site and I'm so proud to be a charter member. GO MODS!!!!

It's always nice to hear kind words from you guys. As Cicada stated, we can't thank you enough for the large amount of support you have given to DPF. As long as you keep supporting the site, the new features will keep rolling in. It's the community that keeps us motivated in running this site :)

It's always nice to hear kind words from you guys. As Cicada stated, we can't thank you enough for the large amount of support you have given to DPF. As long as you keep supporting the site, the new features will keep rolling in. It's the community that keeps us motivated in running this site :)
amen to that! :cool:

And lets keep it clear from"SPAM"!!I hate it
we do too. as sites become more popular, however, it's inevitable. I'm on a forum with 250,000 members and they still get spammed often. Luckily our awesome members notify us ASAP, and we take care of it as soon as we can as well. I've looked into some anti-spam measures/methods and hopefully those will ease the spam a bit :)

Thanks Bryan
You all are great and keep it clean..I might need your email addy..I have something later to you and the other great mods here

I looked at the other one as soon as I heard about it. I wasn't too impressed at first. I just went back and saw that they are making a few changes. Where they do have an advantage is since so many people go to PinPics, they may get members that don't know that any other sites exist since they have the direct link. I wish that instead of doing a forum, they would put the development efforts into upgrading and improving PinPics with the suggestions that so many of us here made on DizPins.

I too feel "at home" here.

Last edited:
I agree that they might get more members but when you look at dizpins most of the numbers where made up of sellers selling there pins who joined simply to sell pins, where there was only a majority of regular members (most of who I recognize on here) that posted everywhere else on the forum etc..

And Im guessing in that forum they wont permit selling pins etc and Im still saying its dizpins with just a different name as mods are the same so Im going to assume its to be stricter than dizpins was lol

Dont mean to rant but dizpins was too harsh a forum and I say the pinpics one will be the same lol

Power to the people - this forum holds true to that saying XD

I agree that they might get more members but when you look at dizpins most of the numbers where made up of sellers selling there pins who joined simply to sell pins, where there was only a majority of regular members (most of who I recognize on here) that posted everywhere else on the forum etc..

And Im guessing in that forum they wont permit selling pins etc and Im still saying its dizpins with just a different name as mods are the same so Im going to assume its to be stricter than dizpins was lol

Dont mean to rant but dizpins was too harsh a forum and I say the pinpics one will be the same lol

Power to the people - this forum holds true to that saying XD
:bigthumb:

When I first checked out this forum I knew I liked it & that it would grow. Boy has it already grown & I really enjoy the topics! I especially like how you feel more at ease than dizpins where any topic controversial was deleted immediately (just ask Tiki lol). Anyways I'm staying here! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back