• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Any idea what this set is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what this set is?

Mickeyplutofan

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
cf8d9e4c8aab4e837ef9dfc183ee3bc8.jpg

It's a sealed bag with the pins on a pin trading lanyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, back in Ye Olden Days of pin trading, when you booked a WDW Vacation through their Travel Company they would give you a choice of free gift as part of your package, and one of the choices was a lanyard with pin. That was called a "Flex" option.

So these are Flex pins. Goofy is 31894 and Mickey & Minnie is 31895 on Pinpics. Their listings say 2004, so these would have been the Flex pins for people who traveled to WDW in 2004.

WDW doesn't do things like this anymore, but Disneyland kept it up for many more years. But it occurs to me I haven't seen any since the 60th Anniversary ones.

They had whole sets of them. Sometimes the characters were driving cars, sometimes they were flying airplanes. They were small but cute and I collected alot of them in the early days of pin trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back