• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Any news on The Little Mermaid? Products,Dolls,Dvd cover, etc???. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on The Little Mermaid? Products,Dolls,Dvd cover, etc???. :/
You guys, i can tell that the mattel "splashing ariel" doll is going to be greaaat, im also a barbie fan, and well, i remember having a mermaid doll , i believe the line was called "mermaid fantasy" and the tail was rubbery just like this ariel dolls, and it had the same feature of squuezing the hips and the tail would flap, i was like 13 probably and i really enjoyed playing around in the water with this doll, the tail would move soooo realisticly and smoothly underwater, sadly i completely destroyed it and ripped the rubbery tail off ( i didnt really take care of my dolls back then), but this doll in the photo that anni89 shared with us will be great :)

p.s. Sorry for all the caps

I am really excited to see what merchandise they release for the movie. Ariel is the most popular princess, at least from what I've seen. Disney should know this and hopefully release a ton of great merchandise. I would LOVE a transforming Ursula to Vanessa doll! That would be so cool. Or even just a regular classic Vanessa doll. And a box set of Ariel and her sisters would be wonderful as well. I love both Ariel and Ursula so I hope they give us villain lovers some stuff. They could do so many cool things with Ursula! I would also love Flotsam and Jetsam plushes. Muhahahahhahahhah!

Disney had a boat load of merchandise come out with Cinderella last year. I cannot see them skimping on the Little Mermaid merchandise. Ariel is one of the most popular princesses. I am hoping there will be a tote and wallet like they did with Cinderella. I also hope for at least one or two adult Ariel shirts.

I have a feeling the rerelease of the Little Mermaid will make me so broke...

YES!!! I've been dying to see what she'll look like. The video can't come out soon enough. :cheshire:
Thanks for sharing this info with us.

I love the Little Mermaid vinylmations. I might actually have to buy them! I cannot wait to see the rest of the merch so I can figure out how broke I will be XD

Hey everyone, I just got back from my local disney store and as always, I was chatting away with cast members about the new products to come. They got in a couple of new Little Mermaid products today and a cast member was kind enough to show me....There is a gift set comparable to the cinderella one released last year. The set comes with Ariel, Eric, King Triton, Ursula, little figures of scuttle, Sebastian and flounder and.....wait for it..... A VANESSA DOLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's dressed in a white dress with a seashell pattern to it and the necklace that hold Ariel's voice. The strange this is her skin tone, it's not the same as Ariel, Eric or Triton. She has a lavender tone to her skin, as if Ursula's skin is under her. They also have a set of the small dolls, that is Ariel and her sisters. Still no news on the limited edition Ariel:/ they had just gotten these items in today.

Really? A purple skinned Vanessa? Weird. Maybe it is a sign that hints towards her being the 17" LE surprise release?
I JUST WANNA GET ANOTHER VILLAIN! :D

Hey everyone, I just got back from my local disney store and as always, I was chatting away with cast members about the new products to come. They got in a couple of new Little Mermaid products today and a cast member was kind enough to show me....There is a gift set comparable to the cinderella one released last year. The set comes with Ariel, Eric, King Triton, Ursula, little figures of scuttle, Sebastian and flounder and.....wait for it..... A VANESSA DOLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's dressed in a white dress with a seashell pattern to it and the necklace that hold Ariel's voice. The strange this is her skin tone, it's not the same as Ariel, Eric or Triton. She has a lavender tone to her skin, as if Ursula's skin is under her. They also have a set of the small dolls, that is Ariel and her sisters. Still no news on the limited edition Ariel:/ they had just gotten these items in today.

Was the price point for this the same as the Cinderella Deluxe set? Is Ariel human or mermaid (or does she come with outfits)?

Was the price point for this the same as the Cinderella Deluxe set? Is Ariel human or mermaid (or does she come with outfits)?
It's a lil cheaper because there is one less doll than the cinderella set. No extra,outfits, Ariel is a mermaid

I'm really hoping they have made changes on the Triton doll for this pack. I haven't bothered buying him yet, because his appearance looks so unnatural. :( I might still get the the full pack even though I have Ursulla already, and two Eric's (sailer and wedding costume) but the prospects of having the Vanessa doll are just super-exciting.

I'm really excited for the Mattel "holiday princess" Ariel actually. The Cindy last year was so so but Ariel has her green dress this year! I like the classic pink, but the green looks good too.

I'm really excited for the Mattel "holiday princess" Ariel actually. The Cindy last year was so so but Ariel has her green dress this year! I like the classic pink, but the green looks good too.

she looks amazing. She's definitely one of the few Mattel dolls I would actually buy. Is there a release date for this doll?
I'm somehow hoping the LE version will be similar (perhaps a darker colour of green, depending on the dress she's wearing in the official princess merchandise) but I think we'll be heading more for a dress which will have a shape resembling her tail. A bit in the style of the original Mattel premiere doll which I'm lucky to have at home.

5420763083_b1ce5c6ba1.jpg

Last edited:

fyi she is already for purchase on the Mattel website! Got mine already :)

she looks amazing. She's definitely one of the few Mattel dolls I would actually buy. Is there a release date for this doll?
I'm somehow hoping the LE version will be similar (perhaps a darker colour of green, depending on the dress she's wearing in the official princess merchandise) but I think we'll be heading more for a dress which will have a shape resembling her tail. A bit in the style of the original Mattel premiere doll which I'm lucky to have at home.

5420763083_b1ce5c6ba1.jpg

You are lucky, that is one gorgeous doll! I hope the LE has her "ballgown" either in pink or the new green. I think there are plenty of options for her with her tail (like the 17in singing doll) and really want her to fit in with my other LEs.

fyi she is already for purchase on the Mattel website! Got mine already :)

Thank for the update :) I'll be getting mine in store, there were plenty of Cinderellas available last year and I think I can snag her with a Toys R Us coupon. Though if she shows up in stores and then just seems to get rarer I'll grab her early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back