• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Any news on The Little Mermaid? Products,Dolls,Dvd cover, etc???. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on The Little Mermaid? Products,Dolls,Dvd cover, etc???. :/
Thank you, online is what I meant. I thought they would sell them online in June and in stores in August. :dunno:

I thought it was June for online too! Does anyone think they are not continuing this collaboration because Disney is starting to make their own cosmetics? It isn't nearly as nice though IMO.

They said June. Either that or we're all crazy. :roll: I agree that that is probably the reason why the Disney Sephora line is not being continued. I think it's a shame. I really prefer the Sephora line.

Btw guys, someone mentioned that the Re-release of The Little Mermaid in 3D for Cinemas got canceled. Well they will release it here in Mexico. There are posters and adds promoting it over the cinemas.

Btw guys, someone mentioned that the Re-release of The Little Mermaid in 3D for Cinemas got canceled. Well they will release it here in Mexico. There are posters and adds promoting it over the cinemas.

I am so jealous. All I wanted was to finally be able to see TLM on the big screen, but they decided to cancel it and pretty much replace it with Planes. I know that BatB 3D, Finding Nemo 3D, and Monsters, Inc 3D didn't do as well as The Lion King 3D, but I still think they should have released TLM 3D

I completely agree with you evlover0327. I'm still so disappointed that they cancelled it. They made a big mistake with this.

I think what helped TLK 3D is that it was released around the same time that the diamond edition of TLK was released. BatB 3D was released like a year or 2 after the diamond edition of BatB. TLM 3D would have been released during the hype of the diamond edition release and so I think it would have done well.

Looks like I'm going to Mexico!!

Do you think the Deluxe Doll Gift Set will be limited? I don't want to order it from Europe and pay USD 61 for shipping when I could wait till the LE Ariel doll is released.

Do you think the Deluxe Doll Gift Set will be limited? I don't want to order it from Europe and pay USD 61 for shipping when I could wait till the LE Ariel doll is released.

It is not limited edition, in the same way that the LE dolls are individually numbered in a finite set, so they could always make more if needed. These sets are probably only going to be available this year (in the way that the Cinderella doll set was only available last year), and probably won't carry over as a regular item in 2014. The $79.95 USD price tag for five dolls, of which four have been sold separately, and with no additional outfits, makes me think that this will probably not sell out quickly at all. A lot of people complained about paying $79.50 for each Designer Villain doll, and they are much higher quality dolls than this play doll of Vanessa, which is the only reason why anyone would buy this set. This set may even stick around long enough to go on a reduced price the same way that the Cinderella doll set did.

I hope the LM deluxe set goes on sale around Thanksgiving and I can get my hands on it. I really like the set (don't have any of those dolls yet either, so that's a plus), but I'm having difficulty justifying $80 for these 5 dolls. If the set had been as big as the Cinderella one with more dolls and extra outfits, then I'd be more inclined to pay that price.

Also, anyone think or hope we'll get a beautiful Little Mermaid journal this year? Or even a wedding doll variation of Ariel and/or Eric?

TLM Deluxe Gift Set Released Online - Product Photos and Information

Here is the product information on The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set, and product photos from the US Disney Store site.
Released in select stores June 20, 2013
Released online July 8, 2013

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set
$79.95
Item No. 6070040900879P

Treasures untold

Now your little mermaid can imagine her own undersea adventures with Ariel's deluxe five doll boxed set, including two exclusive 12'' characters; Ursula and for the first time ever, her alter-ego Vanessa!

Magic in the details...

5 Doll Set Includes:

•Ariel
•Prince Eric
•King Triton (with trident accessory)
•Ursula (exclusive to this set)
•Vanessa (new and exclusive to this set)
•Plus Flounder, Sebastian, and Scuttle play figures

Additional Information:

•Ariel and Vanessa dolls feature textured hair
•Detailed costumes with satin, velour and glitter accents
•Fully poseable
•Presentation window gift box with carry handle
•Celebrating the return of Disney's The Little Mermaid on DVD and Blu-ray

The bare necessities

•Ages 3+
•Plastic / polyester
•Dolls up to 12'' H
•Figures up to 2'' H
•Imported

Safety

WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - US Disney Store Product Image #1 - Deboxed Contents by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - US Disney Store Product Image #2 - Ariel and Eric by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - US Disney Store Product Image #3 - Ursula and King Triton by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - US Disney Store Product Image #4 - Vanessa and Ariel's Friends by drj1828, on Flickr

The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - US Disney Store Product Image #5 - Boxed Set by drj1828, on Flickr

Ariel and Prince Eric - The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Corrected Photo

My own image of the Ariel and Prince Eric 12'' dolls standing side by side. From the recently released The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set by the Disney Store. The image of these two dolls in the US Disney Store site is in error, because the two dolls pictured there are in fact the 2013 versions of separately sold dolls. The same error is in the composite image of all the dolls in the gift set.

Ariel and Prince Eric - The Little Mermaid Deluxe Doll Gift Set - Corrected Photo by drj1828, on Flickr

2012 Classic Dolls vs 2013 TLM Gift Set Dolls - Side by Side Comparisons

Here are some photos I took comparing the 2012 Classic Dolls with the corresponding dolls in the TLM Deluxe Doll Gift Set. The 2013 Eric is identical to the 2012 Eric. The 2013 Classic Ariel is also shown, as the Gift Set Ariel is a mixture of the 2012 and 2013 Classic Ariels. There are not 2013 Classic Ursula or King Triton dolls as yet. Finally Vanessa is totally unique to this set. The point of these comparisons is to show that the dolls in this set are significantly different from the separately sold dolls, and for the most part are a distinct improvement over their 2012 counterparts. This partly justifies the $80 price for this set. My Flickr account has more comparison photos in this series, as well as further notes on the dolls.

Disney Store 12'' Ariel Dolls - 2012 Classic, 2013 Gift Set, 2013 Classic - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Prince Eric - 2012 Classic vs 2013 TLM Gift Set - Disney Store - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Ursula - 2012 Classic vs 2013 TLM Gift Set - Disney Store - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

King Triton - 2012 Classic vs 2013 TLM Gift Set - Disney Store - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

The Ariel plush in the pink dinner gown has been online (DS Europe) for the past week or so. I've not been in store for a long time though :lol:

Stitch song has a picture of what seems to be the singing new singing Ariel doll.

1006281_478978515524256_1284709332_n_zps324b142d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back