• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Any news on The Little Mermaid? Products,Dolls,Dvd cover, etc???. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on The Little Mermaid? Products,Dolls,Dvd cover, etc???. :/
Really? Wow. Now this really makes me think that there will be a second LE Ariel released in the blue water sparkle dress. There's gotta be a better name for that dress..."human again" dress or "water crystals" dress or "LOOK MAH! NO TAIL!" dress. ;)
I dunno. I think it is really nice that they are including this dress because it's out of the norm and that makes me happy.

LOL TinkerTigg. When I saw this posted on FB I was glad to see that they chose her "water sparkle dress" (I like that name and I don't think there really is an official name for it). Being that it isn't for one of their higher end dolls there isn't much to the one that comes with the singing doll other than the fabric is a little sparkly, but it too makes me hopeful that we could get a human LE Ariel doll. If we were to get one we wouldn't get one in the Kiss the Girl dress since that is for the Designer collection, so I would love to see her water sparkle dress. It's one of my faves and gets no attention. I would rather see it than the pink dress simply because the pink dress is always used for human Ariel (except when she is in her wedding dress).

I like how they are taking initiative and using more obscure dresses like Belle's pink one and Ariel's dress she kissed her true love in (that's my name for it!) I would like to see more of Rapunzel in her original teal dress and Tiana in her finale dress or the blue one.

Oh wow, glad I waited on getting a singing Ariel! Decided I much prefer the singing doll (and the price XD) of the singing dolls, though I wanted her mermaid tail. And look - a mermaid variation with her rarely seen blue finale dress! Someone tell me this isn't just a UK exclusive...

That is a good point, they could change something about each doll to make it special to each doll.
So when you buy it, you won't be thinking you have 6 of the same Ariel's with the same outfit. Just makes me feel
more and more that Disney is being lazy with their dolls unless you pay a bunch for them. Shame too..
Imagine if they made an Ariel doll of her when she was a mother with Melody, I would buy it her with a little baby.
Or a melody actual classic doll.

This is ridiculous someone takes a vanessa doll and puts her in the designer ursula dress takes the ursula name plate off and trys to sell her for 300 bucks I thought I'd share with all of you. It makes me laugh can you imagine what they would sell a real limited vanessa doll for. oh brother.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Little-Merm...698?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f274e60f2

And it actually has 7 watchers. WHY? The worst part is, that picture looks very much like the photos a fellow forum member takes. I believe their name starts with drj****.

Hallmark actually has 2 Little Mermaid ornaments coming out. The Ariel is in stores now, and the Sebastian Ornament (which is gold crown exclusive?) comes out in October.

got my little mermaid deluxe doll set yesterday and I love it! much better in person. only gripe is I wish the box was slightly wider as Ursula is too big and is pushing throw the cellophane as if she's trying to burst out of the box

Hey all Target has one of Ariel's sisters available "Andrian" (Andrina?) for sale online only, Aquata ia already sold out (and she is the one I wanted the most!). They are both sold out on TRU online. Go grab "Andrian" while you can! link And please, please, please let me know if you see Aquata for sale online anywhere. Thanks :)

Andrian and Aquata by Mattel

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I know that TLM plush and possibly the singing doll will be released next Monday. Does anyone have any idea as to what other merchandise we can expect, such as snowglobes, pins, journals, figurines, etc., sort of like what they did with the Blu-ray releases of Lady and the Tramp and Cinderella. I'm just wondering how much money I will need come next Monday. lol

I will cry if they make an le Vanessa doll. I don't normally do dolls as I have no room for them but I'm avid about any Vanessa merchandise and will cry if I miss her. :(

There are pictures of the new LE Ursula and LE Eric dolls (both 17 inch) online. Don't worry, the Ursula is plump and looks AMAZING. I couldn't really see Eric's face very well, but he looks really cool as well. In the same picture it showed what looked to be like TLM cards and a matching cup (not the designer ones).

The same pin that's showing up on the uk site, the worldwide release was shown in the video as well! I got a glimpse of it. What does that mean? Will it be for sale on both sites? :dunno:

6de1f795f2b37cf031023657968d0778ca4a7810.jpg
Hmm, Not Sure What To Think About This Cover

if that is supposed to be in perspective (the fin is closer to us) it is just not working right. Looks like she has a giant tail fin!

There are pictures of the new LE Ursula and LE Eric dolls (both 17 inch) online. Don't worry, the Ursula is plump and looks AMAZING. I couldn't really see Eric's face very well, but he looks really cool as well. In the same picture it showed what looked to be like TLM cards and a matching cup (not the designer ones).

Which dolls are these? I checked out the disneystore website and I couldn't see anything that's 17 inches =(

Which dolls are these? I checked out the disneystore website and I couldn't see anything that's 17 inches =(
That's because they haven't been released yet and the newest addition, Ariel, is (as of now) sold out :)

But you can watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXdk2R21_Hs

and here are some screenshots of the Ursula and Eric everyone's talking about:
999716_10152083065613012_1112060535_n.jpg
1098124_10152083065918012_1557129454_n.jpg

The Dvd Cover i found was on the main Disney Page where you can choose which version of the dvd you want, they all have different covers now :/
it's like they did it on purpose for those of us who want each cover....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back